Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays > Civ5 - Succession Games

Notices

Civ5 - Succession Games Threads for your Civ5 succession games should be posted in this subforum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:30 AM   #161
gozpel
Couch-potato (fortified)
 
gozpel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,141
Sorry, my holidays are over had to pick up the wife from the airport...she went to Bali for 10 days. And now she's back! And I'm back to work tomorrow...

But got time for a quick look, your plans are solid jeffah, I can't think of anything better....maybe something to protect our cities, every dude seem to be walking around chasing barbs.

Tomorrow, before this time of day, I give some ideas or maybe just agree.
__________________
Fuzzy-Wuzzy
gozpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:39 AM   #162
JoanK
Fabulous
 
JoanK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scuzzy, gay nightlife scene
Posts: 8,799
Gender: Male
Hmmm. Too bad it's an inland sea, but at least we can forget going for ships for a while and focus on land development.
__________________
"You better take me any which way you can" - Any Which Way, Scissor Sisters
"I am a Catalan" -Pau Casals. Visca Catalunya lliure!
Robert Can't has the most adorable avatar on CFC
Arya126: the majority of people who dislike the gay movement dont dislike them because they are gay. They are disliked because they are so vocal abouts 'Gays Rights'
KingScarlet: The same reason why the majority of people who disliked the civil rights movement did so not because they hated blacks, but because of this whole "black rights".
JoanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:30 AM   #163
gozpel
Couch-potato (fortified)
 
gozpel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,141
Ok, NC in 3 turns, then I want a settler ASAP, to red dot ON the sugar. Since we're starting the camp on the fur, I'm gonna chop the forest when the camp is done, to put into a settler. We have enough hills to keep up the production in the cap.



Yellow dot is kinda meh, but in the long run this will be a rich city and I think we want that sooner than later...4 sugars and decent production, when the borders are spread out.

But red spot is "spot on"! HAHA...erh, well 6 extra horses and silver doesn't sound bad AND 2 wheats and 4-5 hills. Just one of those lovely sites we JUST have to get.

I can sell our only sugar but that would put us in red in 3 turns, so we wait until the furcamp is finished in 5 turns.

So I vote for a settler there, right after NC.

Tomboucto will be deforested to get a couple of quick horses, just in case...after the road is finished there.

SP is nothing to worry about yet, but I think we want to fill out liberty, when we can get more policies?

Teching, we are on maths, but do we want Hanging Gardens? I doubt we can get it, the AI is pretty fast on that case. So after Maths, maybe BW-IW, I'm always curious if there is some iron withing our borders. Or do we want to get further to Education?

I'll play tomorrow this time, so give me some advice.
__________________
Fuzzy-Wuzzy
gozpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:31 AM   #164
SomeoneLikeHim
Supersonic Scientist
 
SomeoneLikeHim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 218
I just figured we would beeline straight to chivalry, it will go a lot faster once we get the NC. We don't need swords if we've got mandus
__________________
"M'aiq knows much, tells some. M'aiq knows many things others do not."
SomeoneLikeHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:14 AM   #165
gozpel
Couch-potato (fortified)
 
gozpel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneLikeHim View Post
I just figured we would beeline straight to chivalry, it will go a lot faster once we get the NC. We don't need swords if we've got mandus
Fair enough, can we research it faster than a GP? I'll check that as an option, when I play tomorrow.

If noone has anything to say, I play my turns tomorrow. I play them anyways, but might use late ideas, IF they are superiour of our current path!

This game just have to move on.
__________________
Fuzzy-Wuzzy
gozpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:18 AM   #166
gozpel
Couch-potato (fortified)
 
gozpel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,141
Give a comment on my dots!
__________________
Fuzzy-Wuzzy
gozpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:19 AM   #167
JoanK
Fabulous
 
JoanK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scuzzy, gay nightlife scene
Posts: 8,799
Gender: Male
I support chivalry beelining.
__________________
"You better take me any which way you can" - Any Which Way, Scissor Sisters
"I am a Catalan" -Pau Casals. Visca Catalunya lliure!
Robert Can't has the most adorable avatar on CFC
Arya126: the majority of people who dislike the gay movement dont dislike them because they are gay. They are disliked because they are so vocal abouts 'Gays Rights'
KingScarlet: The same reason why the majority of people who disliked the civil rights movement did so not because they hated blacks, but because of this whole "black rights".
JoanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:28 AM   #168
gozpel
Couch-potato (fortified)
 
gozpel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanK View Post
I support chivalry beelining.
Does anyone support my new settler? Red dot.
__________________
Fuzzy-Wuzzy
gozpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:50 AM   #169
JoanK
Fabulous
 
JoanK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scuzzy, gay nightlife scene
Posts: 8,799
Gender: Male
Havent thought of that yet (on the phone, tiny image), but it looks promising.
__________________
"You better take me any which way you can" - Any Which Way, Scissor Sisters
"I am a Catalan" -Pau Casals. Visca Catalunya lliure!
Robert Can't has the most adorable avatar on CFC
Arya126: the majority of people who dislike the gay movement dont dislike them because they are gay. They are disliked because they are so vocal abouts 'Gays Rights'
KingScarlet: The same reason why the majority of people who disliked the civil rights movement did so not because they hated blacks, but because of this whole "black rights".
JoanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:06 AM   #170
SomeoneLikeHim
Supersonic Scientist
 
SomeoneLikeHim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 218
I support the red spot
__________________
"M'aiq knows much, tells some. M'aiq knows many things others do not."
SomeoneLikeHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:04 AM   #171
jeffah3539
Leviathan
 
jeffah3539's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneLikeHim View Post
I just figured we would beeline straight to chivalry, it will go a lot faster once we get the NC. We don't need swords if we've got mandus
I agree with this. We really want to get those Mandus out asap. The only detour I might suggest taking is for Bronze Working to get Barracks but that only will take a couple turns. I don't think we want HG, the extra food will just give us happy problems. I only put it on Math because it was in line to Chivalry which I think is our target tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozpel View Post
Does anyone support my new settler? Red dot.
I love the red dot location. I want some Horses! I thought about waiting to get Representation before founding it but that will take 25 turns and I think we want the city up before then.

Another note on policies. Once we have 4 cities up, we need to get Monuments in all of them and then get Legalism, even if it means waiting to finish Liberty. That will give us 4 free Mud Pyramid Mosques which will be a big boost to culture. I think that means our SP path will probably be: Representation in 25 turns, Legalism, Meritocracy (to finish Liberty), then our next tree.



I'm not super fond of the yellow dot although it is ok. I added a green dot where another possible decent spot is. You can't see it on the image but there is a grassland Stone and a grassland 4 Horses just below the dot. It also has a ton of forest for chop-rushing early buildings. We could do either of the spots or even both if we wanted.
jeffah3539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:06 AM   #172
JoanK
Fabulous
 
JoanK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scuzzy, gay nightlife scene
Posts: 8,799
Gender: Male
REALLY??? Men, the red spot is WONDERFUL, just go for it, settle it!!!
__________________
"You better take me any which way you can" - Any Which Way, Scissor Sisters
"I am a Catalan" -Pau Casals. Visca Catalunya lliure!
Robert Can't has the most adorable avatar on CFC
Arya126: the majority of people who dislike the gay movement dont dislike them because they are gay. They are disliked because they are so vocal abouts 'Gays Rights'
KingScarlet: The same reason why the majority of people who disliked the civil rights movement did so not because they hated blacks, but because of this whole "black rights".
JoanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:37 AM   #173
gozpel
Couch-potato (fortified)
 
gozpel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,141
Preturn: A few units still have movement, so let's move them. Warrior takes out barbcamp south for 75g.
Worker start camp on the furs and another is roading towards Tomboucto. Sell sugar to Alexander for 240g,
we will be unhappy for a couple of turns soon, but that's a price I'm willing to pay.

Lock in current citizens and set focus on production in Cap and gold in Tomboucto.

Turn1: We meet Dublin to the south.

Turn2: Tomboucto scout -> Horseman. Kill our scout near Rome, Caesar won't give OB at a fair price.

Turn3: Gao National College -> settler in 5 turns. We are at -1 in happiness...for 2 turns I think.

Turn4: Wrong, by clicking on the worker this turn, he connected the furs and we're happy again.

Interesting, Rome wasn't after us, he just declared on Cathy and he is allied with Kuala Lumpur too.

We learn Mathematics -> Civil Service in 10 turns, we can get BW whenever we want to.

Micro our new citizens in our cities to gain a few gpt.

Turn5: Sell OB to Hiawatha for 50g.

Turn6: IT, Hiawatha wants a RA for 200g, I say yes as we have 540g in the bank.

Then we kill a barbcamp to get 75g back. We also get that mystery worker, it belongs to Ragusa...or rather
it belongs to us now. He will come in handy in our new city.

Turn7: Hiawatha wants to declare friendship, I disagree.

Turn8: Gao settler -> stable in 7t.

Turn9: Nothing really, except that Belgrade and Hanoi wants us to remove some barbcamps. Belgrade is pretty close
and our first horse can go there and have a look.

Turn10: Nothing. That was some quick turns.

We haven't met 2 AI's, so we should look around. But they didn't come to us, so they might be on another landmass.

I'm chopping a forest at Tomboucto, that should go in to another horse. The horse next turn, should go and inspect the barbcamp near Belgrade. If we take that, we be friends and will get at least one unit from them.

Civil Service due in 4 turns. No screenies as nothing happened, only a CS south and another one north.

I think Tomboucto should build stables after another horse.
Attached Files
File Type: civ5save GozAskia_0070 BC-1200.Civ5Save (724.6 KB, 4 views)
__________________
Fuzzy-Wuzzy
gozpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:13 AM   #174
JoanK
Fabulous
 
JoanK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scuzzy, gay nightlife scene
Posts: 8,799
Gender: Male
Sooo... Whose turn is now?
Nice turns, BTW
__________________
"You better take me any which way you can" - Any Which Way, Scissor Sisters
"I am a Catalan" -Pau Casals. Visca Catalunya lliure!
Robert Can't has the most adorable avatar on CFC
Arya126: the majority of people who dislike the gay movement dont dislike them because they are gay. They are disliked because they are so vocal abouts 'Gays Rights'
KingScarlet: The same reason why the majority of people who disliked the civil rights movement did so not because they hated blacks, but because of this whole "black rights".
JoanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:03 AM   #175
gozpel
Couch-potato (fortified)
 
gozpel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanK View Post
Sooo... Whose turn is now?
Nice turns, BTW
Roster

gozpel - Just played
JK - is UP
Sparthage - still unavailable?
SLH - maybe next
jeffah

You couldn't asked at a better time, haha!

Make some plans after checking the save and when we all agree, you will play.

Remember RED DOT is on the sugars, I'm using another worker already to connect the new city by roads.
__________________
Fuzzy-Wuzzy
gozpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:44 AM   #176
JoanK
Fabulous
 
JoanK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scuzzy, gay nightlife scene
Posts: 8,799
Gender: Male
Hehe, ok. But couldnt we settle between the two rivers? It would surely provide even more good tiles.
__________________
"You better take me any which way you can" - Any Which Way, Scissor Sisters
"I am a Catalan" -Pau Casals. Visca Catalunya lliure!
Robert Can't has the most adorable avatar on CFC
Arya126: the majority of people who dislike the gay movement dont dislike them because they are gay. They are disliked because they are so vocal abouts 'Gays Rights'
KingScarlet: The same reason why the majority of people who disliked the civil rights movement did so not because they hated blacks, but because of this whole "black rights".
JoanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:46 AM   #177
gozpel
Couch-potato (fortified)
 
gozpel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanK View Post
Hehe, ok. But couldnt we settle between the two rivers? It would surely provide even more good tiles.
We could, but settling on the sugar will give us back the sugar I sold, and it's on a marsh too, so we will get one turn of unhappy atm.

Red spot!

Any thoughts about builds or science?

We won't make this city a super-city in a while, so just settle a town there and we work things out.
I see your point about a better settlement, but we don't need that right now. We're talking about domination and domination is Red dot.
__________________
Fuzzy-Wuzzy

Last edited by gozpel; Mar 20, 2012 at 03:53 AM.
gozpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:17 AM   #178
JoanK
Fabulous
 
JoanK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scuzzy, gay nightlife scene
Posts: 8,799
Gender: Male
Well, well, ok! Maybe it's just that I have no victory focus. Ever.
__________________
"You better take me any which way you can" - Any Which Way, Scissor Sisters
"I am a Catalan" -Pau Casals. Visca Catalunya lliure!
Robert Can't has the most adorable avatar on CFC
Arya126: the majority of people who dislike the gay movement dont dislike them because they are gay. They are disliked because they are so vocal abouts 'Gays Rights'
KingScarlet: The same reason why the majority of people who disliked the civil rights movement did so not because they hated blacks, but because of this whole "black rights".
JoanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:45 AM   #179
jeffah3539
Leviathan
 
jeffah3539's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 149
Looks good. We should get Chivalry in about 30 turns so we need to get ourselves ready to go to war then.

Gao should probably build a Stone Works after the Stables for a few extra production. Tombouctu could probably just build another Horseman after the current one finishes.

I think we should go ahead and research Bronze Working after Civil Service finishes and then go for Currency. That way we can build a Barracks in Gao after the Stone Works. After that Gao can start cranking out Horsemen and Mandus with maybe another Settler thrown in as well.

It looks like we still have 13 turns for a policy but I still vote for Representation when that pops.
jeffah3539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:19 AM   #180
JoanK
Fabulous
 
JoanK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scuzzy, gay nightlife scene
Posts: 8,799
Gender: Male
Yeah, good idea.

Hmmm. At this point someone might start asking for friendship or wars. I'll turn them down if any arrive.
__________________
"You better take me any which way you can" - Any Which Way, Scissor Sisters
"I am a Catalan" -Pau Casals. Visca Catalunya lliure!
Robert Can't has the most adorable avatar on CFC
Arya126: the majority of people who dislike the gay movement dont dislike them because they are gay. They are disliked because they are so vocal abouts 'Gays Rights'
KingScarlet: The same reason why the majority of people who disliked the civil rights movement did so not because they hated blacks, but because of this whole "black rights".
JoanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Go Back Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays > Civ5 - Succession Games > Goz-1, I left my wallet at home, but...

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Advertisement

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
This site is copyright Civilization Fanatics' Center.
Support CFC: Amazon.com | Amazon UK | Amazon DE | Amazon CA | Amazon FR