Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - Project & Mod Development > Civ4 - Fall from Heaven

Notices

Civ4 - Fall from Heaven (Public) Development forum for Civ4 Fall from Heaven modpack.

Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Krooger
Chieftain

Great mod, still being worked on?

Hey, I have only recently been introduced to Civ4 and I didn't think much of the original game but the FFH2 mod is amazing! Unfortunately I came across what I guess is commonly known as the stack o' doom issue.

I think I may have run into a stack o doom on steroids or something. I was playing around testing level 3 spells and I go to war with Ljosalfar and next thing i know there is a stack with over 700 units in it at my border!

I'm afraid this is a game ending issue, I have looked around and found a few stack limiting mods however I can't get them to work with FFH2. All of my searching bring up posts from years ago.

Does a stack limiting mod exist for FFH2? Is this mod still being developed or have people moved on?
Krooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Valkrionn
The Hamster King

There is an xUPT mod that was incorporated into RifE, which should do what you like. Of course, it would come with all the other changes we made to RifE as well, it's not available on it's own.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:53 PM   #3
Lone Wolf
Deity

You'd be better off downloading Tholal's Better Naval AI mod, that, contrary to its name, doesn't improve only Naval AI.
Lone Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 04:49 AM   #4
Jarrema
Master Voter

issue of such stacks do not exist at Master of Mana mod.
(there is unit support limit, so you just cant have so many units)
But MoM is so different from FfH that there is no guarantee you will like it.

As for Fall from Heaven: this mod is not worked on. It has been 100% finished. If you want something more/different look for modmods

If you're mafia, I upgrade the status of your genitalia from "Diamonds" to "The Crystals used in Lightsabers." - Choxorn about ATPG in "Paired Mafia"
Jarrema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 05:25 PM   #5
Flipantropo
Chieftain

700?? my god, how many cities did the ljosalfar own? can you remember how many tigers (if any) were in that stack?
Flipantropo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Krooger
Chieftain

Thanks for the replies, I can't wait to check out all the suggestions once I get a minute.

And yea 9 cities all about 20 pop. Then the stack was 315 priest of leaves, 315 tigers. Then an assortment of other units.

I hadn't experienced a stack o doom before so imagine the look on my face when near 700 units just waltz into my land lol.
Krooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:56 AM   #7
Calavente
Richard's voice

and me that was bored by a 50+ stack that attacked with "ennemy attack animation ON"... brrr...
and the worst is that you are forced to wait until the 700units have attacked before removing the "attack animation ON"... with a "never again" thought... you just can say "ok, I understood, next battle..."

in LFG
Calavente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05, 2012, 07:18 PM   #8
Flipantropo
Chieftain

in my games the ljosalfar tend to mass priests of leaves too, but ive never seen more than 50 or so
and i thought thas was a lot...
when i first played FFH2 i realised the AI was totally uncapable of moving units to another continent
In fact it didnt even seem to explore the sea at all, so each continent was a world on its own
Then i downloaded Tholal´s "More naval AI" modmod, and now it feels like a complete game, and the AI seems smarter overall, though maybe not as good as the ljosalfar foe you faced in that game...
Flipantropo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:08 PM   #9
BvBPL
Who Could it Be?

Lots of "turtle" civs, like the Lojo and the Khazad, produce absurdly huge stacks. Of course, there's a problem with that in that those stacks aren't always that effective. I'd be a lot more scarred of 315 swordsmen than 315 priests of leaves and 315 tigers.

I was playing MC's modmod the other day and Khazad came at me with like 70 adepts in one stack. Sorta sad.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:00 AM   #10
Tschuggi
SNAFU

MoM: http://www.masterofmana.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7

Heavily, constantly worked on and no more ridicolous SODs.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Economic Left/Right: -6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18

http://www.masterofmana.com
Tschuggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2012, 06:52 PM   #11
Lone Wolf
Deity

Quote:
I was playing MC's modmod the other day and Khazad came at me with like 70 adepts in one stack. Sorta sad.
That's because Kael merged an incomplete AI mod, then went away.
Lone Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:01 AM   #12
SergiuSS
Chieftain

Sheiam is the scariest when the come to you whit a huge stack of Pires to burn you on it you really need life lvl 2 to deal whit it but yea that is the fun of this game
Now the big stack are a big advantage in regular ffh and a disadvantage at the same time you won't have surprise about the direction of the attack and if you destroy it you won the war, mind 2 sun 2 and ice 1 comes really handy in this situation, I find it less annoying than Tolal's horsemen stealing my workers and plundering my cotages :P but yea it can be deadly in early game. You can try both and see witch one you like and scale the dificulty lvl acordingly . At first I was scared about the big stack to, I got used it and now I find tolal's AI weaker on land warfare not that the regular ffh is to god but at least he had numbers on his side
SergiuSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:43 AM   #13
DarkxL0rd
Warlord

i learned a long time ago that 2-3 satyrs can absolutely wreck those nasty tiger stacks. i usually mesmerize and then just mass-delete them to save myself the war weariness that tends to follow.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:32 PM   #14
Akbarthegreat
Angel of Junil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
You'd be better off downloading Tholal's Better Naval AI mod, that, contrary to its name, doesn't improve only Naval AI.
I second this. Many of my problems were solved too.