Help with randomly generated giga maps

Blackluck

Warlord
I want to try an epic game of a civ on a randomly generated giga world map. I generated the map in the editor, assigned 30 Civs (but not their start positions) then loaded it as a scenerio. When I first created the map I didn't look at it, to avoid any spoilers.

However, after playing for a while (as an expansionist Civ to uncover the map more quickly) I noticed a real dearth of resources (both luxury and strategic). I then did open the map in the editor and lo, there really is a lack of resources given both the size and the number of AI players.

I then tried changing the percentage of resources in the editor and regenerated a map. Scrolling around I still noticed the same lack of resources.

So, the question is: Should I instead change the default 'huge' parameters from 160x160 to 3xx by 3xx (can't remember the paramters currently) with hope that I will then get at least a good resource distribution by having the map generated at the beginning of the game?

You can create a scenario that has no map, so it will be generated at the beginning of the game. I did this once to play 16 civs (vanilla 1.29f) on a small map. Unfortunately I don't remember right off my head where this setting was in the editor, and have no access to civ3 at this very moment.

So you don't need to edit the default parameters, you can just copy the rules with whatever modifications you desire.

Top Bottom