• Washington - America

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Wu Zetian - China

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers
Vote for 4 to 6 leaders you find most fun and addictive to play in the Vanilla Enhanced Mod! :goodjob:

It is not necessarily about buffs/nerfs or overpowered/underpowered. Fun and favorites are more complex. If a leader simply had +50% production and nothing else, that'd be powerful, but probably not as fun as some cool bonus that changes gameplay in a more interesting way. I like characteristics that let us play differently instead of just better.

Welcome to the forum! :goodjob:

Which percentage... the number of people who voted for an option? That's automatically calculated by the forum's bulletin board code as (votes for option)/(total voters).

Thanks ;)
I find it weird that it adds up to more than 100% total, so im asuming its based on the five civs that you chose. I think it would make more sense to show the "real" percentage, but that is just my opinion

I'm going to abstain (courteously) from this poll, because I've been playing Gandhi exclusively for the last 2-3 months to allow me to compare different versions effectively. The +pop on food buildings is a powerful ability as is the starting worker. His traits really favor the tall style that I enjoy (although I'm always up for a good wide science game when the space permits).

As I always pick random (I have since Civ 4) I could only bring myself for 2 that stand out to me as the ones I'm always secretly rooting for.

They are Sejong and Genghis. Sejong, because of his huge tendency to the hermit empire style of play, which I find very fun, and Genghis because his reward bonus is just so fun. It really is, in my opinion, the best example of a fun and exciting trait.

Wow, Askia is doing poorly. I guess, his UA will be changed anyways in G&K. So does Bismarck, who's also a contender for a different UA in the expansion VEM, thanks Attila, you seem to be worth something for inclusion after all ;).

On second thought I should have picked Suleiman instead of Ramaksomething, since the first is a leader that you have to play actively while with the second it's very easy to reap benefits along the way. Even if I didn't like the Ottomans new ability, it is a very strong one now with the added range of the barbarian ships.

(Should be even better when/if one can do a mod that adds a third unique to all civs in order to bring back in the deleted extras (B52, Zero, Turtle Ship, Ski Infantry).

I'm also looking forward to how strong the expansion will make Elizabeth (Does the range promotion of the Longbow stick to the Gatling and Machine Gun? Better Naval Combat, Extra Spy?)

btw. Thal, on the blog you haven't updated the site with the info about the leaders. The Ottomans still show the Governance UA, not the new Barbary Corsairs. I know this since I wanted to look up what Japans Dojo/Samurai now exactly do. Now I'm not sure what they do... ;)

btw. Thal, on the blog you haven't updated the site with the info about the leaders. The Ottomans still show the Governance UA, not the new Barbary Corsairs. I know this since I wanted to look up what Japans Dojo/Samurai now exactly do. Now I'm not sure what they do... ;)

Sorry, I have fallen behind in keeping the site updated (I volunteered for the job) because I've been pretty busy recently. In the meantime: Dojo gives 1XP/turn for units garrisoned in the city and 4 culture on each nearby horse and iron, and Samurai start with the Blitz promotion. You can search the site on the right - though some things (like the culture increase from 1->4 on the Dojo) aren't always listed in the patch notes.

I haven't played with enough civs since the last polls to have a different opinion. I've used Korea a lot as my test civ for the last couple of months' steady diet of mod changes. I've also played with Songhai and Ottomans as well, to try something new, and enjoyed them.

I agree. My own feeling is that I have my preferences, but most civs have something worthwhile that, were I in the mood, I would choose any one of them. (I'm playing with the Iroquois and Ottomans now.)

Wow, Askia is doing poorly. I guess, his UA will be changed anyways in G&K. So does Bismarck, who's also a contender for a different UA in the expansion VEM, thanks Attila, you seem to be worth something for inclusion after all ;).

On second thought I should have picked Suleiman instead of Ramaksomething, since the first is a leader that you have to play actively while with the second it's very easy to reap benefits along the way. Even if I didn't like the Ottomans new ability, it is a very strong one now with the added range of the barbarian ships.

(Should be even better when/if one can do a mod that adds a third unique to all civs in order to bring back in the deleted extras (B52, Zero, Turtle Ship, Ski Infantry).

I'm also looking forward to how strong the expansion will make Elizabeth (Does the range promotion of the Longbow stick to the Gatling and Machine Gun? Better Naval Combat, Extra Spy?)

I picked Askia,because i like the wealthy african merchant kinda thing,and you have absolutely NO money issues

Looking at the ones that got 4 votes (Songhai, Denmark, Polynesia, Siam, Ottomans), here's my commentary:

They are all non-classic civs for civilization. Only the Ottomans have appeared before! (and arguably the "Vikings").

Songhai and Siam seem to be a case of strong, but underappreciated as they seem "boring" gameplay.

The Ottomans as well seem weak, but actually are quite strong. They do however need a competent player to use their bonusses to the full potential.

Polynesia has a unique gameplay, so it's probably more the problem that water maps are not that fun to play due to the "incompetent" Naval AI. (Also two more civs from those 5 are water focused, Ottomans and Danes).

The Danes at last seem to have suffered from the introduction of the Jelling stones, just saying ;) Also , maybe fewer have bought them since they are DLC.

Wouldn't be fair of me to pick 5 since I've only played a half dozen CiV/VEM games as random** leaders. But there is one leader who stands out and that is Odo. His UA of damaged units attacking as if at full strength opened up a whole new aggressive war strategy for me.

**It would sure be cool if VEM/UP offered a choice of random leaders I've not already played as, or allowed me to deselect certain leaders from the random pool. I want to randomly make my way through everyone. :)

Top Bottom