GAK Tech Tree

I still want tech trading back, but hot damn, finally a GS fix! And they never mentioned that in any of the interviews. Kudos Firaxis, was about time! :D

I don't like that RAs still really benefit the more advanced state....but maybe that'll be changed. Very glad to see the tech tree get fleshed out a bit more (still needs more techs!), and to see GSs get overhauled.

Anyone else think there's too many eras?

I like the new tree. I think things are well placed. I'll have to play it to see if the gridlock still exists. I notice that Rifles now require Muskets. I'm sure someone can complain that Artillery doesn't require rifles, but it's good enough.

I like it.

But steam power after Industrialization is kind of weird, isnt?

I like the new tree. I think things are well placed. I'll have to play it to see if the gridlock still exists. I notice that Rifles now require Muskets. I'm sure someone can complain that Artillery doesn't require rifles, but it's good enough.

My bigger complaint is that Gatling Guns don't require Rifling, and actually require three (or four) fewer techs than Rifles.

Fabiano: Not precisely. Steam Power certainly kicked industrialization into overdrive, but there was quite a bit of waterpowered textile manufacturing in the around the turn of the 19th century, IIRC.

That's what made the cotton gin such a useful invention, and probably spurred textile manufacturers to find a better source of power.

My bigger complaint is that Gatling Guns don't require Rifling, and actually require three (or four) fewer techs than Rifles.

Yea, other than the fact that they can't take cities, gatling and machine guns are superpowered. No counterattack, and when you defeat someone you don't move to that hex and ruin your formation. Six guns and a mounted unit could do some serious city claiming. Might not even need siege weapons, although those are really nice too now. My trebuchets were demolishing cities. Seemed weird though cause my cannons were about as ahead of the cities as the trebuchets were, but I was doing considerably less damage. Maybe cause the cities had more hp too by the time I got cannons.

I don't like that RAs still really benefit the more advanced state....but maybe that'll be changed.

It looks to me like you can still use RAs to take the lead from behind (sign several RAs at or around the same time and not just one); it is however much more difficult to do that in G&K with DOFs required.

RAs though had taken over normal research so the nerf bat is well deserved.

How about somebody post the new era splash screens ? I'm interested to know if they have a new one for modern era and swapped the old one to atomic era or information era.

Also note that telegraph and mass media were eradicated in GnK !

Here's the one for the Atomic Era

Spoiler :

The Information one is basically Future splash art

How about tech costs compared to the path to Rifling?

ETA: Considering you're going from Crossbows, it almost has to be sooner for balance reasons.

You can get the techs get for both Rifles and Gatlings after Economics, except that Rifling has three additional Renaissance prereqs.

We got 2 new techs, did we?

And a little swapping here and there. Did we lose any techs, was in a hurry and just found 2 new ones.?

Didn't check any missing ones.

Top Bottom