Civilization V: Gods and Kings released worldwide

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter

The first addon for Civilization V, Gods and Kings, is now available in northern America. Edit: And now worldwide :).
CFC wishes everyone happy playing :). The G&K forum is there to satisfy every question about the addon, and we even already have an Introductory Guide here with nice descriptions and some videos, so that you can find some help for your first games or that you have something to read until it's released in your region.

Happy civving :).

Looks like there's a bit of a typo in the thread name. :)

"Civilizatin"

Wasn't me ;).
The background is the G&K box art, and the heading seems to be the custom version of the normal Civ5 heading by sukritact. Cam has put them together for the Civ5 introductory guide, which is also linked in the OP.

But I'm sure they are all happy about your compliment :).

My condolences to the people that have to wait, but I just wanted to note that I had a bad case of the "just one more turn(s)" late last night with G&K.:goodjob:

I for one am really pleased that they let the North Americans have it first. Now they're our testers and we can follow their reviews. It seems to me that the reviews so far have been positive. Because the Americans are already testing and reviewing, also means that I'll have time to preorder G&K to that 10% off price.

From what I've seen, people are satisfied with the new functions like in the diplomatic and religious areas. Espionage seems to need work though. I trust in everything the crowd on CivFanatics say, and I trust their reviews, because this is a seriously hard crowd to please. :lol:

I really hope this expansion saves CivV.

I just had Civ5 vanilla in my notebook (I transferred the files from my laptop through my dad's external drive. It seems to work, despite some people recommending me not to put Civ5 in my notebook), so I think I'd better play Civ5 vanilla for 2 to 3 weeks to get used to the core concepts before Gods and Kings. And I'll try to download all the DLC civs. The more civs, the merrier. :) Worldwide release is just on Friday. I won't seem to be left out when I'll start playing G&K, will I?

So why, in this day and age, do they release it one continent at a time?

Various reasons, licensing laws, tax laws, digital and media laws, cpyright laws and patent filing, legal transfer for intellectual property between various extra national holding companies owned by the parent and so on. Lots of reasons really. Im not saying G&K suffered from any of those btw just saying.

However in this day and age its easy to play digital media that was launched earlier in another country by use of VPN's. I wont tell you how and im not advocating doing it (i will wait for G&K) but its not difficult to find out.

Eh? What licensing/tax/copyright/patent laws would preclude a company from releasing its game in more than one continent at a time?

Steam release is on June 22 for Saudi Arabia. That's in about 8 hours, but the steam site says approx 11 hours. Maybe it's June 22 GMT, not GMT+3, so that would make it 3am here.

*checks time zones* that doesn't seem to be totally correct :hmm:.
If it's the same like the American release, then it should be 9 AM for you..but wait...3 AM for you matches what Steam displays for me, which is 1 AM. So I guess it's right.

Top Bottom