NOTW XLV: The DOOM Project

End of Day 05

Still reeling from the discovery yesterday, the mercenaries gather in the fourth chamber for another meeting.

BSmith1068 leads the discussion. "Though we found BigTin to be scum yesterday, I don't think he's the only enemy among us."

The group stands motionless and silent, awaiting the next verdict.

BSmith1068 continued. "We've reached a consensus: classical_hero, you must also be scum."

All eyes turn to classical_hero, who remains silent for a moment. After that pause, he whispers silently, "Is that so?"

BSmith1068 draws his sidearm, and points it towards classical_hero. "If you've got a defense, you may plead it now."

classical_hero shakes his head. "It pains me to realize that each any every one of you are wholly incapable of understanding the situation you find yourselves in. You are nothing more than an obstacle, and must be euthanized."

BSmith1068 raises an eyebrow, then releases a soft chuckle. "Brave words for someone who--"

He then pauses midsentence; at first, you cannot tell why. Slowly, however, BSmith1068 teeters in place before collapsing forward.

BSmith1068 passed away!

Spoiler :
He was the BLUFOR Bounty Hunter!

Your reflexes then take over; drawing your weapon, you open fire on classical_hero, but he is one step ahead of you. He dives for cover behind a pillar and returns fire, forcing you to dive to the ground.

You roll over, reaching for another clip from your belt. You jam it into place as the gunfire continues to echo across the room. You notice your fellow operatives are all focusing their fire on classical_hero, who just seems to refuse to die.

Finally, his human body falls limply to the ground, riddled with bullets and torn by the force of the gunfire.

classical_hero was lynched!

Spoiler :
He was the OPFOR Archangel!

Lynch Vote:

classical_hero (8.5) -- BSmith1068, choxorn, DaveShack, johnhughthom, Mat93, NinjaCow64, SouthernKing, Visorslash
NinjaCow64 (2) -- spaceman98, classical_hero

Not Voting: Autolycus, dcmort93, Takhisis, topsecret

Night ends in 24 hours.
Necessary PMs being constructed concerning ammunition; please allow a little time for them to arrive.
Please PM me Night orders, if applicable.

BSmith, look at our VC's.
Total Victory: Secure all seven Relics.
Major Victory: Secure four or more Relics.
Minor Victory: Secure two or more Relics.
I see nothing about surviving in here.

In that case, you can throw yourself at the next monster that attacks us, while the rest of use secure any relics. :p

Tonight I'll send item update PMs to all players. That seems most convenient for you all, and it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I will not, however, resend any logs/journals you may have found along the way.

Chapter ??

You're one of the first to arrive in the Antechamber; you watch silently as the rest of the team filters in. No one speaks a word as the group arrives, gathering around the fresh corpse.

Shot -- in the back of the head. Giovanni was a good guy. He didn't deserve to die, much less in cold blood.

You lick your lips. Zack turns his head and glares towards you, and his eyes convey the same message that he told you the Night before:

Don't say a word. I'll do the talking.

He steps forward, muttering softly, "I'm sure by now you all understand the magnanimity of the situation. Giovanni has been murdered, and at this point we have no idea who is the killer. While we will investigate this -- and we will find out who did it -- I cannot stress enough the danger we all face. Not only is the killer still unknown, he or she is among us."

He moves his gaze between all the members of the crew, gauging their reactions. "Now, at this time I highly recommend we always stick together. No one should be alone, especially at Night. If anyone has any information regarding the murder, please see me in private.

"I'm stationing guards in every Room. We'll catch this killer."

Night 05

Once again, the operatives pressed onward, desperate for any information that may help them complete their mission.

Gunfire could be heard during the Night; it is angry and vicious, and lasts several seconds before silencing itself.

One mercenary doesn't check in for role call.

Visorslash was shot!

Spoiler :
He was the BLUFOR Spy!

You search the body and make a disconcerting discovery: the Relic he was carrying is now missing!

Day 06 begins now, lasting 48 hours.
Necessary Private Messages shall be sent shortly; these shall include item update PMs.
Please allow a few moments for thread information to be updated.

Vote for a lynch target in Bold.
Vote for someone to hold the Flashlight in Brown.
Provide a move order in Green.

So, we found Professor Keilman's body in Chamber 7, and we also found the passcode to the Catalog Room, where it looks like the 7th Relic is.

Also, a vicious creature with claws pattering on the floor attacked us.

I'm a light sleeper, and noticed someone extra in the room, ie not where they said they were going to be. If you would care to discuss it privately to explain your actions, that would be a good first step. I'll give that a little time before deciding whether to make it public.

I can be very useful as cannon fodder *cough* a contribution to the community.

what the *** is going on here??
(reports for duty)

Dreadnought said:
You spend the Night in Chamber 3. The following players spent the Night there:

DaveShack
dcmort93
topsecret

You notice the Relic on the pedestal in the center of the Room. You attempt to lift it off its stand, but it won't budge. Thus, you translate it as it sits.

The Third Stage: Destruction

You notice many engravings along the Room's walls. You begin translating:

When the Light of Heaven is extinguished, the powers of Hell attack with power not yet experienced by mortals on Earth.

DaveShack approached the Relic, and, grasping it with both hands, effortlessly lifts it off the pedestal where it sat.
Here are my results from last night. Daveshack, any idea why you could lift the relic?

Top Bottom