Next turn - 3900bc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayne

Emperor
The hut was an archer. We've revealed more coast, and there's land across the channel. No more specials :(

Please discuss how we should continue exploring. I'll play a few more moves on Monday.

:queen:

I still think that a city founded on the buffalo would be the best city site to use right now. I suggest moving the settler to the NE back to the buffalo and building a settler colony there. The SE settler might as well continue exploring and move to the jungle terrain (revealing more sqaures) and the archer should continue exploring SE. Already we have two turns without scientific research, we should really be thinking about getting a city in the next turn or two. Considering that this is deity the need for early scientific research cannot be stressed enough. The opening land may not be the best but it is more the capable of supporting a medium growth city.

As I understand it, the revealed spaces offer to little information to make any certain predictions on resource and hut placement. Therefore the exploring uints should be used to reveal the maximum amount of sqaures by going into the 'right angles'.

If Jayne could be so kind as to produce a save file then it would be possible to determine the seed value of the map thus enabling us to know the special resource distribution. I do believe that without this knowledge a special resource distribution diagram canot be accurate enough.

Here's a little overview of the possibilities again:

• Red dots -> possible special locations
  • Orange dots -> possible special locations, though only if the red dots next to them aren't specials
  • Yellow squares -> possible huts
  • Blue dots -> interesting city sites (with regard to the specials)

I made a map like DVR and discovered that there are 3 different positions we could be in. Two of them were gave pretty similar surroundings to us and are marked in dark-green on the map, and the third is not very good because that'd mean we are in the middle of a no-special area and is marked with orange.

If we discover a special to the south and then east of the archer, all the green squares are true, if not - the closest special is the orange dot.

EDIT: I see DVR beat me to it...

Attachments

• 3900sh.jpg
    3900sh.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 180
EDIT: heheh, srry funxus :D

I think the southern settler is standing in an acceptible position to build a city... If we'd want the northern settler also to build a city quickly, i think the grass square at the upper blue dot is the place..

My idea would be to let the southern settler build a city where he stands, and the northern settler to move to the shielded-grassland square and build a rode onto it, while the archer explores some more terrain in the south-east..

I've marked the possible locations on the specials map, and it seems as if it's 50/50 on which pattern it is.

Many pictures... is there any way to delete these files after some time to save the space?

Attachments

• 3900shm.gif
    3900shm.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 179
Yup, I've used those aswell...

And about the pics, i'm hosting them on another server..
You could offcourse sign up for a free webhosting account to host the bigger images..

I will have a reply to attachment deletion after I edit this post.

Edit 1: The attachment address is: http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=848219.

Edit 2: Hmmm, it looks like it just removes the attachment link from the post and doesn't remove the attachment from the server. Maybe I should go ask about this in Site Feedback?

Edit 3: Bah, it's gone, it just took a while.

I'm posting yet another image ;) showing a few possibilites.

The numbers indicate how I think our units should be used, they include a turn number, a dot and to the right of the dot a number indicating the order in which the units should be moved within the turn in question. I'm taking possible resource locations into account.

This means the first thing I'd like to be done is moving the archers unit SE to reveal terrain.

Depending on what this reveals the 'southern settler' should either found a city immedately where it is (if something nice is revealed by the archers) or move (1.2). Also depending on what the archers reveal the 'northern settler' should either move NE and found a city there or SE to eventually found a city E or SE of the lake.

Movement 2.2 is an interesting possibility since that city site may have access to specials and also the small lake means an inland city on its other side could build ships if desired and send them 'through' the coastal city. I also think we should found a city no later than following movement 2.2, the longer it gets delayed the farther behind the other civs we fall.

*Cough*

The Military Advisor speeks, We should use that archer to explore the unexplored lands around us :).

DvR and Funxus,

Could you tell me what you are using to create these images? Do you not need to know the seed of the map to determine these special locations and hut positions? Please explain your methods to me as I am quite intrested in them.

Also do I have to use a webpage to display pictures on this forum?

Thank you

We need to have a screenie of the little earth-map to know what position we're in. From that map you can see if we're in the middle, top or bottom of the map and then we will be able to judge our position better than now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom