PolyCast Episode 159: "Looks Forward to the Challenge"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Steady onward. The one-hundred-and-fifty-ninth episode of PolyCast, "Looks Forward to the Challenge", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with first-time guest co-host "Kaia"; it has a runtime of 59m59s. Listeners are encouraged to follow the show on Twitter, and check out the YouTube channel for caption capability.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 04m23s | Open Mic
A listener suggestion on an additional game to cover on the show, responding to an email from a listener referencing their suggestion on how to improve Civilization V's Piety Social Policy as compared to Rationalism (09m45s), while another listen weighs in on the Random Number Generator (RNG) and its place in the Civ franchise (19m42s).
- 29m28s | Forum Talk
Choosing a favourite map type in CivV, and its immediate predecessor by extension (recorded for Episode 116), on the prevalence of the Stone resource in CivV following last summer's patch (33m14s; recorded for Episode 124) and bringing to bear the ability to construct any and all unique items found in CivIV in one game (35m35s; recorded for Episode 150).
- 38m03s | Senate
Arguing for a delayed start to Bronze Working for its benefits in Civilization IV; then in CivV's Gods & Kings expansion pack, whether to go for a Missionary or second Great Prophet after founding a religion (45m17s) and wanting more generic choices instead of situational ones as it pertains to Pantheon beliefs (52m12s).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Saying a goodbye, and then a hello, to Civilization Community Managers from publisher 2K Games for the second time within six months, stall tactics and a jab just in time.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Just wanted to thank the polycast crew. I just got power back in my home after the hurricane and even though I hardly turn civ on anymore I still listen to polycast and in fact listened to the last bunch of casts during the mass power outages here in NYC.Thanks guys and gals for keeping me sane!

Just wanted to thank the polycast crew. I just got power back in my home after the hurricane and even though I hardly turn civ on anymore I still listen to polycast and in fact listened to the last bunch of casts during the mass power outages here in NYC.Thanks guys and gals for keeping me sane!
That is one of if not the most humbling piece of feedback we have ever received for the show -- thank you. It was also acknowledged on the recording of Episode 160 earlier today.

Top Bottom