Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays

Notices

Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays Homer's odyssey, or War & Peace? Share your Civ5 stories and videos.

Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:02 PM   #1
seancolorado
Deity

Let's Play G&K - 2BCProductions2BC

Johnny is easily one of the most entertaining LPers out there and he is successful because he really interacts with his YouTube audience.

He is starting a new LP on the King difficulty setting. He is hardly an expert but in a sense that's why his videos are great for those craving more Civ. Expert civ players can give him advice and he will actually listen, newer civ players can learn alongside Johnny or learn something new from him since he talks about everything very clearly in-depth.

In any case, he is passionate about his videos and they are fun to listen to:

"Startup"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyU96nt7l3k#
seancolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:34 AM   #2
apocalypse105
Deity

I don't like quick games Only if they on small maps if you play standard allways pick standard speed
apocalypse105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:06 PM   #3
seancolorado
Deity

He's not playing a quick game. He's just doing that as he talks to show the game since it's a "startup" video and he's asking the subscribers what kind of Civ/Setting/Map they want.

He'll be playing standard speed but the rest of the settings are "up to the viewers"

Last edited by seancolorado; Dec 14, 2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:47 PM   #4
Moriarte
Emperor

Had a good laugh listenting to Johnny. (in a good way)

No one has done Attila LP yet, maybe you're interested? But it doesn't matter really, which civ and setting. Just start any game and go, johnny go! We'll be watching .
Moriarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Heerlo
Jedi Master Hearlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarte View Post
No one has done Attila LP yet, maybe you're interested? But it doesn't matter really, which civ and setting. Just start any game and go, johnny go! We'll be watching .
I saw an Atilla Let's Play on Youtube, and I think there was a thread about it here somewhere.
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved."-The Bible, John 3:16-17
Heerlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:52 AM   #6
smallfish
Immortal

I like this gui, and his Sweden LP looks interesting indeedy
smallfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:28 AM   #7
seancolorado
Deity

He's released 3 parts thus far. I'll post just these first three for easy access. Plenty of time to jump in without falling behind:

Sweden on King difficulty, Random Personalities

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTAT7...LhDQw&index=16

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slRC6-FloK4

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZqglfpSWV0

To clarify on his "interactive" style, he explains everything in-depth while simultaneously asking for advice. He teaches the true newcomers but also learns from the experts who are willing to give two cents. In either case, he listens to the majority opinion

Also, be warned that he is obsessed with hockey so be prepared for a lot of hockey references. That's the reason he chose Sweden, because of his large overseas following

He's just a goofy guy and he always puts me in a good mood before I sleep, which is why I'm posting these videos for you guys even though I don't make them

Last edited by seancolorado; Dec 14, 2012 at 03:36 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:28 PM   #8
Ozymandias9891
Chieftain

FYI, Johnny's Sweden Civilization file got lost.

However, he started a new LP with the Canada mod. Here is the link to episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylwnv...LhDQw&index=31
He has now reached episode 7, with more videos soon to come. Enjoy!
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Ozymandias9891 is offline   Reply With Quote