• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, there are too much small disagrements or misunderstanding : we need to replay these few turns, in the same spirit...

There are not so much discoveries and knowledgment during the last 5 turns, so in that only case, I will not consider this as 'cheating', for me....

The beginning of a Deity game is crucial, every movement and action. We got into this problem because the cities were planned two weeks ago.

I hope Jayne will soon replay the turns.

This is much too small of a disagreement to replay the turns. If we run into problems we can relocate the city. We have done that once before in the Civ 3 DG and it worked fine.

At first it appeared to me that it just may have been a miscommunication (or lack of communication) between the Advisors and the President. But, the more I looked at it, the ulk of the discussions that were made about the SSC location was done in the revious turn thread and, for the most part, in reference to an image in the thread. Given that the upload server has been down for the most part during the last week, it is possible that Jayne was simply never able to see the picture and notice the change to the site.

Even given all that, it can be considered part of the game. A large part of the game is the cooperation and communication between Advisors and the President. It is hoped that with something as major as the SSC location the Domestic Advisor would have been sure to communicate the goals to the President, especially since the President never acknowledged the updated site.

So, we can look at it as an issue that occured because of the upload server issues and replay, or consider it part of the game and continue playing.

I do not think this issue is big enough to necessitate reply. The SSC location is good, in some ways worse than the (probably) originally intended location but also better in that it has access to more ocean squares. Things would possibly have been different had we lost RF to barbarians because of miscommunications or some stupid mistake.

I do not think this has any major long term impact. The fact that the LP settler didn't head for the 'filler' site is probably a bigger issue.

In the course of that session we battled barbs without getting the leader, had a settler go astray, and got a city put where it wasn't supposed to be. The city placement is possibly the least of these 3 items. It's unfortunate that they happened, but they are all just inconvenience that can be overcome.

We wanted a challenge this game, right?

It the "Democracy Game" not the "Perfect Democracy Game".

I actually think we should make more mistakes and have some fun with it. :)

Let's face it, even with the level at Deity and whatever stipulations we put upon ourselves, we won't see a serious challenge from the AI. More to the point, we should find the best way to recover from whatever errors might occur and use them to sharpen our own play.

Bottom line, city laid is a city played. Doesn't quite sound right, but you all get the gist I'm sure.

Mistakes will be made and is a risk every civ player should have to take into account when playing, even in demogames. And it's not like the AI have the chance to replay if they make a mistake ;)

Mistakes happen. So do unintened consequences. If we start doing replays everytime things don't go right we might as well toggle the cheat mode to save the time spent on replays.

Of course if there was a replay option in real life I can think of a few years that I would have used it!

No Democracy is perfect, and we can use this as a learning experience. Even with few posters, clear communication needs to be made to the President, with all government officials posting Official reports in the turn thread or wherever designated by the President. In the meantime, mistakes happen--play on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom