Can one fix vassals and colonies?

stoferb

Prince
There are a few annoyanses I have with how vassals and colonies have been implemented in civ4 that I'd liked to see fixed.

About vassals:
1. One should be able to tell the difference between a capitulated vassal, a voluntary vassal and a colony. The game already makes distinction in AI behavior dependant on these differences but the player doesn't get to see it anywhere.
2. Whenever a vassal captures a city it should be my decision what to do with it, not theirs. They should only automatically get it if it previously was theirs or they have substantial culture in the city.

About colonies:
1. Two or more nearby islands should be possible to release as a colony. If the BFC touch they are sufficiently close to belong together. And also cities sufficiently far away and not culturally connected with the capital.
2. If a colony has been released on what later turns out to be a huge continent they should not have any claim on the entire continent. That's just absurd. I'd suggest they have a claim about 10 tiles from their capital and no more.
3. One should be able to give back cities to other civs that have surrendered according to the ordinary civ rules on the same continent that has a colony, not according to the utter nonsense that it somehow belongs to a colony that is too small and too far away to matter.

How does one fix these things? Is it in python or is it harcoded?

Top Bottom