Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVFANATICS > News Updates

Old Apr 27, 2013, 03:06 PM   #1
DanQ
Deity

Happy PolyCast Episode 171: "Straight Line to Victory Sideways"

Image Getting turned around and back again. The one-hundred-and-seventy-first episode of PolyCast, "Straight Line to Victory Sideways", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with first-time guest co-host Alex "GaelicWarrior" with a runtime of 59m59s. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m18s | News (Part 1 of 6)
From a livestream from Civilization V publisher 2K Games about the upcoming release of its Brave New World expansion: on the multiplayer front, sustaining a lack of random events, taking into account community feedback and the dual measures of humour and bane in lag.
- 09m32s | News (Part 2 of 6)
Further from the stream, concerns over balance of content and mechanics currently in CivV, the re-introduction of airlifting into the series, further to Tourism's impact on the game's culture and giving diplomacy a logic boost.
- 19m01s | News (Part 3 of 6)
Concluding an examination of said stream, the connection between happiness and city flipping and combating these effects with new Great People.
- 24m10s | News (Part 4 of 6)
Courtesy one person's compilation efforts on their Civilization V fansite, further new and expanded BNW expansion details.
- 29m37s | News (Part 5 of 6)
CivV developer Firaxis Games reacts to the popularity of Civ expansion packs over Downloadable Content (DLC) within the game's community while identifying different factors leading to this widely held position.
- 40m08s | News (Part 6 of 6)
Current CivV Lead Designer Ed Beach responds to predecessor Jon Shafer's criticisms and where those arguments, and the communication of them, leaves understanding greatly lacking.
- 45m17s | Miscellaneous
A past show guest's appearance on another podcast that pitted the Civilization series against other nominated titles for "Best Video Game".

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Locking horns over the value of an English Unique Unit over the Chinese one, committing one panelist to a new initiative on their behalf and concluding with grace.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; listeners are encouraged to follow the show on Twitter, and check out the YouTube channel for caption capability. Sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.
>> PolyCast Episode 210, ModCast #51, TurnCast #50 -- One More Turn Commentary (Survey)
DanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:36 AM   #2
BlueGoop
Chieftain

This is the first I've heard of the video, so I just watched it. It's probably been hashed out to death already, but I think it's pretty exciting that a culture win no longer requires growing tall. Wide can win that way too!
BlueGoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2013, 07:08 PM   #3
DanQ
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoop View Post
This is the first I've heard of the video, so I just watched it. It's probably been hashed out to death already, but I think it's pretty exciting that a culture win no longer requires growing tall. Wide can win that way too!
Glad to have been able to make you aware of the video and the new information within. Hope you enjoyed the show!
>> PolyCast Episode 210, ModCast #51, TurnCast #50 -- One More Turn Commentary (Survey)
Old May 07, 2013, 01:00 PM   #4
GaelicWarrior
Chieftain

Thanks for having me on the show. Enjoyed the mad chats! Roll on BNW.
GaelicWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2013, 08:44 PM   #5
DanQ
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicWarrior View Post
Thanks for having me on the show.
; thanks for being our guest.

Quote:
Roll on BNW.