Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - General Discussions

Old Jun 08, 2013, 06:25 AM   #441
digrosz
Dirty Frank

Maybe the Kris could generate faith when it gets killed... Seems like that's a bit of a stretch though

click here for enlightment
digrosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2013, 06:44 AM   #442
KrikkitTwo
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchris20 View Post
From the new Gamespot article Link

An example is likened to the ACW scenario, where the units start out "green" and that "green" promotion is swapped for a "General's name" giving them a good or bad promotion. Examples used were Stonewall Jackson = bonus to flanking attacks, or the George Pickett promotion = penalty for charging across open terrain. Now obviously the Kriss won't have these same exact promotions, but definitely some of them will be an "all bad" promotion.
The achievement suggests the Enemy Blade promotion will be a poor one.
KrikkitTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2013, 06:44 AM   #443
goodday
Chieftain

Frankly, I don't know. I can think of few a faith related aspect for an UU like a missionary/inquisitor hybrid, great prophet attached unit, increased strength for each different religion in your civ, but of course they don't fit the kris.

I just feel that the current random promotion doesn't really capture the mystical blade aspect. It's like they just slap a mechanic from a scenario and call it a day. "Mystical" should be closely related to faith imo.
goodday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2013, 06:54 AM   #444
HeraldtheGreat
King

When stationed in a city, it should be able to but promotions.
"Ants are so much like human beings as to be an embarrassment. They farm fungi, raise aphids as livestock, launch armies into war, use chemical sprays to alarm and confuse enemies, capture slaves, engage in child labour, exchange information ceaselessly. They do everything but watch television."
-Lewis Thomas
HeraldtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2013, 08:41 AM   #445
bob massingbird
Chieftain

Has anyone got info about who is the voice actor for Gajah Mada?

He sounds like a middle aged guy with smooth command of Old Javanese, so likely he is a university professor/researcher. That will make it just like Kamehameha who is IIRC voiced by University of Hawaii professor.
bob massingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2013, 08:52 AM   #446
seancolorado
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob massingbird View Post

He sounds like a middle aged guy with smooth command of Old Javanese, so likely he is a university professor/researcher. That will make it just like Kamehameha who is IIRC voiced by University of Hawaii professor.
No, but I've tried to find out. I really want to contact him actually and ask him a few questions but fat chance that happens.

I think there's a good chance he is a very creative type. He has that kind of artistic Javanese flow in his voice that not everybody has
seancolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2013, 08:54 AM   #447
Louis XXIV
Le Roi Soleil

They might give credit in the manual. The original manual gives credit and the G&K manual might as well. The DLC has no manual, so those people can only be tracked down if they identify themselves (like the voice actor for Kamehameha did). Hopefully, after it is released, you'll have the info you need.
Old Jun 08, 2013, 09:33 AM   #448
Kizo
Chieftain

On the "how else to use Faith with a UU" train of thought: How about a unit that spends Faith for a combat strength boost?
Kizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2013, 11:58 AM   #449
God of Kings
Emperor

Quote:

The voice actors for Augustus and Catherine are also university professors both in McGill in Montreal.
God of Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:53 AM   #450
bob massingbird
Chieftain

any new info about Spice Islanders UA? WHat is the resource and how many type/copy we got?

with all 9 civ revealed and even the Civilopedia leaked I hope we gt clearance on this soon.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:55 AM   #451
seancolorado
Deity

Quote:
any new info about Spice Islanders UA? WHat is the resource and how many type/copy we got?

with all 9 civ revealed and even the Civilopedia leaked I hope we gt clearance on this soon.
Was the civilopedia leaked though or just the screenshots for the Venice and Shoshone civs?
Old Jun 10, 2013, 08:45 AM   #452
goodday
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancolorado View Post
Was the civilopedia leaked though or just the screenshots for the Venice and Shoshone civs?
I asked themaelstorm through pm to check the new luxury resources on the civilopedia. He said he will check it when he get back home. He also said that he didn't encountered new resources during play.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 08:48 AM   #453
bob massingbird
Chieftain

Damn so it is more likely that the civ will only get lux which are not spawned by the game in the map.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 08:50 AM   #454
seancolorado
Deity

Quote:
Damn so it is more likely that the civ will only get lux which are not spawned by the game in the map.
I think it's more likely that he just didn't encounter it because Indonesia never settled on a new continent during his playthrough (the AI doesn't seem to like doing that in all the screenshots I've seen)

Unless the Venice tips are some unnecessarily elaborate hoax, then Indonesia 100% has a completely new and unique resource
Old Jun 10, 2013, 08:54 AM   #455
goodday
Chieftain

Quote:
Well, I take it that he mean he didn't encountered new resources on the map. But dunno.

We know that there will be new resource(s) tied to a civ and now we're pretty sure that civ is Indonesia. So I will be surprised and disappointed if it's not a brand new unique resource.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:52 AM   #456
Wielki Hegemon
Chieftain

Nutmeg is one of unique indonesian resources. Source polish site: http://www.gram.pl/artykul/2013/06/1...gralismy.shtml
Wielki Hegemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 06:56 AM   #457
wigwam
Prince

Good catch!
wigwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:35 AM   #458
Louis XXIV
Le Roi Soleil

Very good catch. I really hope they change "Spices" to Tea or Coffee or something else that's not a spice, though, since Nutmeg is a spice.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:45 AM   #459
Eagle Pursuit
Scir-Gerefa

The next question then is: Is it just (6x) Nutmeg, or are there 2 or 3 types of luxuries unique to Indonesia?
Eagle Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:45 PM   #460
bob massingbird
Chieftain

Is that screenshot from World Congress resolution to ban Nutmeg?