Brave New World Tournament Announcement

That sounds awsome. I really enjoy your videos and hope it works out like you planed. :cool: I appreciate your deddication a lot.

However, I'm curious how many participants will be able to get past the "beat one of the officers" rule in the first place :D

On another note:
I have problems watching your and/or other peoples youtube videos lately. It seems videos with < 1.000 views load slow, don't load at all or shut down in the middle. I can watch other youtube videos with thousands of views smoothly in 1080; but can't watch videos with <1.000 views for 10 minutes without buffering in lowest quality (making it hard to get views in the first place). Anybody else got similar problems and knows a way to fix it? It doesn't seem to be a connection or hardware problem, so I didn't post it in the tech sub-forum.

That sounds awsome. I really enjoy your videos and hope it works out like you planed. :cool: I appreciate your deddication a lot.

However, I'm curious how many participants will be able to get past the "beat one of the officers" rule in the first place :D

Thanks! :)

I hope for 5 at least! :thumbsup:

Best Wishes,
Y.

Good idea. But double moves are allowed? I always been cold about it.

Good idea. But double moves are allowed? I always been cold about it.

Yes, that's the general idea, unlles something will change in the game mechanics in BNW.

I never was a huge fan or opponent to shift+commands, but after all those games i have to say that this feature add a lot to the tactics and strategies involved in fighting. Especially when you fight against a host.

best Wishes,
Y.

If its going to be a BNW tournament you won't need shift moving unless you continue playing the turns as where the player who clicks the fastest wins. BNW is introducing options for turn based modes including a hybrid.

If its going to be a BNW tournament you won't need shift moving unless you continue playing the turns as where the player who clicks the fastest wins. BNW is introducing options for turn based modes including a hybrid.

Yes, that's why i'm saying we shall see how the mechanics will work in BNW.

For now though, elimination's are with shift+commands, of course i'm not forcing this, if you agree before game to play without it i'm happy to make it count. I know tommynt for example is not a huge fan of fastclicks. ;)

Best Wishes,
Y.

player who clicks the fastest wins

dont wana start a pointless discussion here, but I dont like people spreading .
It is possible to (constantly) win vs best players in world even when clicking superslow.

Apart that I hope some people learn from yoruus videos, as he learned from the master :rolleyes: , they should be quite good

I am curious, what is a 'cultured way of communicating'?

Are the officer matches played in BNW, or played now, in G&K?
Speaking of that, is there a place on this website where tactics for simultaneous turns is discussed? I don't mean to highlight the clickspam, I just mean, the balance is obviously entirely different (except for better units and production being better, obv.).

I am curious, what is a 'cultured way of communicating'?

Are the officer matches played in BNW, or played now, in G&K?
Speaking of that, is there a place on this website where tactics for simultaneous turns is discussed? I don't mean to highlight the clickspam, I just mean, the balance is obviously entirely different (except for better units and production being better, obv.).

"Cultured way of communicating" - for me it's the way two adult people would speak to each other if they met in the real world.

Matches are played in G&K of course, I don't know anyone whou have acces to BNW yet. ;)

I don't know if there is an article about fighting with "shift+commands" in multiplayer enviroment on this forum.

Best Wishes,
Y.

shift clicks - basciclly its just a experience thing - thats why some people who see 1. time shift clicks dont like em at all, but once u know how to do em self and how to deal with em they really just add depth to the game

I didn't mean shift + commands, I meant simultaneous turns. Multiplayer. It's one thing to learn the game as played by Humans who actually think. It's another to handle a game developed with turn-based balance in an environment where everything happens in the order that it happens. Especially since no combat encounter will happen quite the same way twice, how does a player learn anything about what works? You could play a hundred games and not 'get' how the tactics work. I've played six. But, no such repository exists, so I'll take that question elsewhere.

Okay, I get the manner of communicating. I just thought since you also said 'adult way' it meant something separate. Oh lord, the fear that I was speaking like some kind of barbarian all this time! D:

Wouldn't be better if each of you four officers recruits your own rookies and coach them to fight a team game like the ones in SC2, where you pro player can only score 1 point but it's the average skill level of the team determines the win?

With the harsh requirement of beating one of the officer, the tournament will still remain the battle of elites, which is fun to watch but very hard to reach the critical player base.

Wouldn't be better if each of you four officers recruits your own rookies and coach them to fight a team game like the ones in SC2, where you pro player can only score 1 point but it's the average skill level of the team determines the win?

With the harsh requirement of beating one of the officer, the tournament will still remain the battle of elites, which is fun to watch but very hard to reach the critical player base.

Interesting idea! :)

Best Wishes,
Y.

Wouldn't be better if each of you four officers recruits your own rookies

honestly? - in a 3 year old game coach "rookies"?

As much as its a interesting spirit its just not possible as people either leanred the game in 3 years or just dont care about being good ...
It seems there are just loads of people who rather team up in ffas (and quit or make the game a scrap if things go wrong) as learn the game and can stand on own feets.

And telling some1 "how to do it" will usually just have em be offended
Or how does "want be my traianee EEE_boy" sounds to you?

honestly? - in a 3 year old game coach "rookies"?

As much as its a interesting spirit its just not possible as people either leanred the game in 3 years or just dont care about being good ...
It seems there are just loads of people who rather team up in ffas (and quit or make the game a scrap if things go wrong) as learn the game and can stand on own feets.

And telling some1 "how to do it" will usually just have em be offended
Or how does "want be my traianee EEE_boy" sounds to you?

Well I had in mind that: say each of you 'pro' gather your teams, pick 3-5 players and rank, you pros can compete and the winner gets 1 score for your team, then second tie players compete, winner gets their team 1 score, and so on.

You have to consider the feelings of losing in front of Youtube, and if only the pros are worth playing mp, how the fan base grows? You guys have responsbility to spread the positive image. By coaching I mean strategy wise, analyse why goes wrong, how to improve, and having your team mates contribute etc. Don't blame the community not learning, I watched quite a few of your videos.

By coaching I mean strategy wise, analyse why goes wrong, how to improve, and having your team mates contribute etc. Don't blame the community not learning, I watched quite a few of your videos.

well for that u dont need "rookkies" but "high potentials" - and I think thats the people yoruus is triying to attract - so he s trieing exactly what u "want".

And I can promise that you and every1 else will learn a lot by just playing a duel vs me or another "very good" player.

Cool Yoruus, as I already beat all the officer once, can I have the star for free ? :)

Another thing, you precise special rules for the game. It is classical rules special rules to balance the game. But i think, you will need to do that again when BNW will come up with new stuff.

Cool Yoruus, as I already beat all the officer once, can I have the star for free ? :)

Another thing, you precise special rules for the game. It is classical rules special rules to balance the game. But i think, you will need to do that again when BNW will come up with new stuff.

Yes Kiffe, happy to have you on board. :)

I know, when BNW will hit, will need some time, probably 1-2 month's to get the hang of the game and adjust the rules for the tournament.

Best Wishes,
Y.

Top Bottom