Betting and Speculation - The "Entirely Separate Hypercube" Civ!

Sorry, I've tried to find it, but can't. Can someone post the supposed UA if Venice, word for word?

What happens if they capture a settler or get one from a ruin?

AFAIK when anyone captures a settler it becomes a worker, and ruins provide +1 Pop to a city

How would the Venice thing work in war negotiations? Any city you receive from another civ automatically becomes a puppet?

Personally I'm excited! Venice seems like an interesting challenge - I doubt I'll be giving them much playtime myself, but you can say that about half of the Civs in the game (I'm not really big on warfare, so pretty much any war-focused Civ strikes me as pretty boring). I'll give them a spin, and it'll be cool to see them on the map.

And the Shoshone... real dark horse choice, there, eh? I was opposed at first but so long as Sacagawea isn't the leader I'm good with them. Lumping the Shoshone and Comanche together isn't ideal if true, but it's better than "Native America," which A) didn't exist and B) grabbed bits and pieces of like five different, entirely unrelated tribes. It brings to mind Denmark borrowing some stuff from Norway. Doesn't really bother me.

Foreign settlers always become workers, and you only get settlers from ruins on VERY low difficulties.

Having said that, if you can pick your reward with the Shoshone scout, I wonder...

Does a settler become a worker if it is gifted to you by another civ?

How would the Venice thing work in war negotiations? Any city you receive from another civ automatically becomes a puppet?

to my knowledge, I've never had a settler gifted to me, and to your second point, presumably so

The only time I remember getting a free settler unit is from social policy, and that is in question as to how Venice would handle that

When you obtain a city in any sort of way, the same screen always comes up, offering Annex/puppet/raze/view (liberate) options, no matter how you got it. For Venice across the board I'd just assume that the Annex option is always greyed out.

Although seeing as the icon for Collective Rule has changed to a Settler-ish flag, for all we know, is that it has changed.

If Venice can't build settlers then Collective Rule just provides another worker? I didn't do Liberty on my OCC.

Sorry, I've tried to find it, but can't. Can someone post the supposed UA if Venice, word for word?

"Cannot gain settlers or annex cities. Double the number of trade routs available. A Merchant of Venice appears after researcing Optics. May purchase in puppetteered cities"

Is it this one?

"Cannot gain settlers or annex cities. Double the number of trade routs available. A Merchant of Venice appears after researcing Optics. May purchase in puppetteered cities"

Is it this one?

Interesting. Thanks.

The way I see Venice's ability is that it wants you to buy everything. Thats why it gives your double trade routes. So you can make big moneys to buy the buildings and stuff from the puppeted cities, and maybe just buy your army instead of producing it. Thats the way I see this UA going down. And if you really do make tons of gold then, you can actually support a pretty large army for just one city.

This Venice + Shoshone thing originated with a post from someone who claimed to have a copy of Civ V and no NDA, right? I assume this post is gone? Can someone let me know what information he gave?

I have a feeling that the post is bogus, but 2K seems to have been awfully quiet lately, so I'd like to know about this "leak" anyway. :p

Well, that picture that was posted with the purple civ certainly leaves credence for the suggested UA. Those other two cities certainly look like city state placement.

This Venice + Shoshone thing originated with a post from someone who claimed to have a copy of Civ V and no NDA, right? I assume this post is gone? Can someone let me know what information he gave?

I have a feeling that the post is bogus, but 2K seems to have been awfully quiet lately, so I'd like to know about this "leak" anyway. :p

And why would it have been completely yanked within 2 minutes, and not merely "locked" like all the other "speculation civ" threads?

Top Bottom