ModCast Episode 47: "What Just Happened"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
It's back in the building: the forty-seventh episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "What Just Happened" with a runtime of 56m57s, features new regular co-hosts Kevin "GildedDuke" Bryan and Mark "Hambil" Ford with first-time guest co-hosts "Putmalk" and Tyler "Pluvia".

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m36s | Profile
All panelists, regular and guest co-hosts alike, indulge in some shameless self-promotion about their past and present game modding expertise and experience.
- 06m49s | News
The state of Civilization V and the impact, and implications, for the game's modding community.
- 13m12s | Miscellaneous (Part 1 of 2)
A dissection of CivV's Artificial Intelligence yields evidence that it is more intelligent and intuitive than most gamers give it credit for.
- 18m09s | Modding Spotlight
Speaking with "Putmalk" about his "Civilization IV Diplomacy MOD" and other efforts for CivV; then, the influence of Mass Effect for the modding efforts of "Pluvia" (28m38s).
- 42m14s | Miscellaneous (Part 2 of 2)
The benefits of challenges of working with one or more people on a game modification effort.
- 46m53s | Cartography Room
On getting a Civilization V map into a hex editor towards greater control over its in-game use.

The first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast, this is ModCast's first episode in more than 1 1/2 years and is intended to be the first of a six-episode fifth season. Fellow sibling RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Congrats!! Glad to see ModCast up and running again!!
:king:; while it would have been preferable to have had the show return earlier following the release of the Civilization V SDK in my opinion, it's definitely better than never.

I thank Kevin and Mark for the energy they have already brought in their roles as the new regular co-hosts, and to both Putmalk and Pluvia for their welcome participation as the first guests of this revival.

If you ever run short of guests, just drop me a line.
:cool: -- thank you for your offer.

Oh I was wondering when this was coming up.

Sorry to res an old post, but I was going through the catalog of episodes for this year, and I heard something that caught my interest. Someone said near the beginning of this episode that the LUA Firetuner can be set up to automatically play the game without user input. Can somebody give me more information on how to set that up? This would be very useful for the mods that I'm working on!

Thanks.

Sorry to res an old post, but I was going through the catalog of episodes for this year, and I heard something that caught my interest. Someone said near the beginning of this episode that the LUA Firetuner can be set up to automatically play the game without user input. Can somebody give me more information on how to set that up? This would be very useful for the mods that I'm working on!

Thanks.

It's super simple. Just load up the firetuner once you are in a game, head over to the Player tab (I think) and it will have a whole bunch of options allowing you to Autoplay.

Top Bottom