Brave New World reviews

dudikoff

Chieftain
Does anyone know when the embargo lifts?

I found this already on IGN Denmark - it is in Danish (it's a poorly written review so you are not missing much). Oh, they give it a 9/10.

Moderator Action: List of reviews:

Hmm, Kotaku says the new trade system makes the game too easy in the later game, because you get more money than you can spend ..
That was my fear when i saw Maddjinns Deity game ..

Hmm, Kotaku says the new trade system makes the game too easy in the later game, because you get more money than you can spend ..

I almost always end up with more money than I can spend towards the endgame.

Reviewer also didn't play on any difficulty higher than prince, sooo...

"Reviews" before launch (should it be "previews"?) are basically advertisements. A reviewer who has got a privilege to pre-launch reviewing always tend to give higher scores. One should wait the post-launch reviews if he wants more objective opinions.

Reviewer also didn't play on any difficulty higher than prince, sooo...

ohh, when I read "tested on various difficulty levels" I thought Prince and up.
But in reality it was Chieftain, Warlorld and Prince.
So my post can be disregarded ;)

Settings should not matter.If money is too easy it ruins game choices.Day1 patch hopefully sorts it.

"Reviews" before launch (should it be "previews"?) are basically advertisements. A reviewer who has got a privilege to pre-launch reviewing always tend to give higher scores. One should wait the post-launch reviews if he wants more objective opinions.

Reviews can't be trusted pre-launch and they can't be trusted post-launch. The new additions to CiV look great, but we'll have to wait another day for word of mouth to see whether BNW is what it's supposed to be, or a bug infested and inbalanced mess like Civ4 and Civ5 during their first weeks/months of existence.

ohh, when I read "tested on various difficulty levels" I thought Prince and up.
But in reality it was Chieftain, Warlorld and Prince.
So my post can be disregarded ;)

You already give up? Damn, I just thought of one very good point point. ;)
MadJinn was playing Deity in the vid, but he was also playing Portugal on an Archipelago map. That's not really representative for your typical income in a game.

You already give up? Damn, I just thought of one very good point point. ;)
MadJinn was playing Deity in the vid, but he was also playing Portugal on an Archipelago map. That's not really representative for your typical income in a game.

Yeah, but if MadJinn breaks the game it's different than a random reviewer for me ;)
If a Kotaku reviewer said the game would be too easy on high difficulty levels, then it would REALLY be easy =)
That said, I fully expect that there will be some needed rebalancing patches.
I just hope the AI is decent in the victory conditions. Or at least not crippled by them ;)

Google translation:
+ Appendix crack at a good level
=)

Actually, I trust Zac's opinions on the game for a couple of reasons. First, he has always come across as almost as fanatical a Civ fan as we ourselves are. Second, he was prepared to mention what he felt were negatives about the game (even if there were few of them).

Aussie.

Review by the Spanish magazine Meristation: 8.7 / 10
http://www.meristation.com/pc/civilization-v-cambia-el-mundo/analisis-juego/1847734

Pros:

- The reworked victory types
- The management of the cultural elements
- The nine new civilizations
- It respects and expands the original Civ5

Cons:

- AI needs work
- The fact that they received Civ5 in multiple parts instead of the whole game at once (in other words, expansions aren't their thing)

Top Bottom