Control Definition Error?

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Shut down the game, and open up your config.ini (mine is located here):

C:\Users\dennis\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\

Find and change the following variable:

LooseFilesOverridePAK = 1

Let me know how it goes. Based on what we're seeing above, you guys might have a pak file that has an older version of the file floating around.

not getting errors when entering hot seat now that i did this altough i dunno if it was like this before with the previous fix

That seemed to work for startup.

Loading a civ from a save or starting new game I still get these

I still get a few asset errors from the InGame/cityview/cityview with selectedUp32 or selecteddown32 unidentified style

Gridbar9 unidentified style from ingame/popups/socialpolicypopup and diplo overview

Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Shut down the game, and open up your config.ini (mine is located here):

C:\Users\dennis\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\

Find and change the following variable:

LooseFilesOverridePAK = 1

Let me know how it goes. Based on what we're seeing above, you guys might have a pak file that has an older version of the file floating around.

Still getting the hotseat and general UI problems, but the error messages (at least in the menu) are gone.

Yep...Still getting problems when starting a new game or loading an old one.

Unidentified Style: [Grid9Bar] in
[Assets/DLC/Expansions2/UI/InGame/Popups/TradeRouteOverview] []

Change TradeRouteOverview with "DeclareWarPopup", "SocialPolicyPopup", etc and I get about 10 of these.

Still getting the hotseat and general UI problems, but the error messages (at least in the menu) are gone.

You're talking about the hot-seat specific UI issues, not the UI pop-ups we've been debugging on the previous page, correct?

You're talking about the hot-seat specific UI issues, not the UI pop-ups we've been debugging on the previous page, correct?

Well back buttons such as the one in "other" still aren't working. I haven't noticed anything new other than the error messages being gone.

That seemed to work for startup.

Loading a civ from a save or starting new game I still get these

I still get a few asset errors from the InGame/cityview/cityview with selectedUp32 or selecteddown32 unidentified style

Gridbar9 unidentified style from ingame/popups/socialpolicypopup and diplo overview

I get those when loading up a game too.

And this is with the LooseFilesOverride variable set to 1?

With it I still get a couple error messages when I load up a game. Not as many as I did before though. I also get one when going to trade route overview. That's the only in-game one I've found.

Which version are you guys running? Win 8, DX11 or 9?

Win 7 Pro 64 DX 11

Intel 4770k
nVidiaGTX 680
Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Corsair Vengeance 32GB 4x8 2400

This is a new build, I just put it all together within the last week or so, so this is a fresh install of windows, steam and civ V

Have any of you tried a complete "Delete local content", and then a clean install (since BNW released)?

Top Bottom