Science Research Poll

What shall our next Research priority be?

• Trade (Marco Polos, Caravans)--need Currency (currently researching)

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Philosophy (free tech if first to get it)--need Writing, Literacy, Mysticism

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Republic--need Writing, Literacy

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Literacy (Great Library)--need Writing

• Feudalism (Sun Tzu's, Pikemen)--need Warrior Code

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bridge Building--need Warrior Code, Iron Working

• Astronomy (Cops Obs.)--need Mysticism, Mathematics, Masonry

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Horseback Riding (leads to Wheel)

• Map Making (Triremes)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Masonry (Great Wall, Pyramids, City Walls)

• Warrior Code (Archers)

• Pottery (Hanging Gardens)

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • something else entirely I've posted below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leowind

Emperor
Currently Known: Alp, Bronze, Cer Bur, CofL, Mon
Researching: Currency

Please vote for two. The goals will then be ranked by number of votes, so if techs to choice 1 are not available, the President moves to choice 2, etc.

Some are longer-term goals that require some techs on the way. Others are techs we already have prerequisites for and might be important to have in their own right. Not able to check the utility to map what techs will actually be offered at the moment. Can someone else provide that info?

The "Other" is Pottery for Gardens. Also voted Trade near term, Philosophy and Astro longer term.

Edit: sorry, I just saw the "vote for 2" comment. If you have to reduce me to 2 votes I'd say Trade and Pottery (eliminating my votes for Philo and Astro) since they're the more immediate needs.

After reding Tim's post I realised one should have been Pottery for HG. So Philosophy and Trade with a detour off to Pottery.

Pottery and Philosophy!

Pottery was added to the poll after I voted - I think it should be prioritized ahead of trade but equal to or after philosophy. Having the HG makes expanding a lot easier.

Philosophy, pottery and trade are by far the most important techs to get so I would have liked to be able to make three choices in the poll.

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
Added Pottery to the poll and removed Tim's extra votes.
Pottery wasnt' there :confused: I know I meant to. My apologies, I was in a hurry (as usual). So we have a tie, and seems our Queen made the tie-breaker by choosing Mysticism over Trade (or was Trade not available?). Any last minute votes could break the tie...

Trade wasn't available, which is what I wanted to go for. We had the choice of Myst and Lit. iirc Myst increases the benefit of temples so I went for that.

Originally posted by Jayne
Trade wasn't available, which is what I wanted to go for. We had the choice of Myst and Lit. iirc Myst increases the benefit of temples so I went for that.
I believe you're correct. Good choice :thumbsup:

Top Bottom