It's over 9,000!!!

budweiser

King of the Beers
I rocked a late game Morocco autocracy world games airport, hotel concert for the Shoshone and scored 11,240.

I know you can get higher, but I thought it was pretty good. I had to overcome 80,000 Shoshone culture in this one.

/it should be an acheivment

Great Musician Concerts are probably my favorite part of the new culture system. I just love checking my influence level before and after a concert.

Unfortunately, people are going to stockpile 8-10 great Musicians and bomb a victory once they figure out how.

budweiser knows what's up. GM's should have to fortify in place a turn to use their ability.

Unfortunately, people are going to stockpile 8-10 great Musicians and bomb a victory once they figure out how.

I just imagined a MP game and seeing 8 Great Musicians appearing out of the fog of war, and doom metal and "omg" across the chat log :lol:

Slightly off-topic I apologize, but Great Musicians' worth (in terms of tourism points when they tour) is function of the era when they were born, right ? If so, is it better to start producing them when the information era is triggered ? Isn't that too late ?

Slightly off-topic I apologize, but Great Musicians' worth (in terms of tourism points when they tour) is function of the era when they were born, right ? If so, is it better to start producing them when the information era is triggered ? Isn't too late ?

The sooner the better. As far as I can tell they are on a fixed schedule for the guild, subject to modifiers. However, they can be acquired though other means.

Their strength is a function of your Tourism/Turn level at the time they are created.

1) Don't bother to stockpile, because your oldest ones will be quite weak. It's better to use their great works to enhance the later ones.

2) If you're going for a Cultural Victory, you probably have Aesthetics filled out. So getting a handful of Great Musicians all at once for a massive concert bomb isn't that hard. Just buy some with Faith.

Crystal clear, thanks. I keep forgetting about faith, the only faith points I get in my games are coming from my religious allied CSes. I need to get better at that.

Crystal clear, thanks. I keep forgetting about faith, the only faith points I get in my games are coming from my religious allied CSes. I need to get better at that.

In this game I had 150 FPT with Glory be to God reformation enhancement - can choose to buy any GP with faith.

Definitely something to think about, but I find getting your own religion to be difficult on Emperor+ when some zealots are on your continent. But I'll try.

I thought the Tourism generated by the GMs was set when they spawned, so you can't use earlier GMs to do tourism bombs.

So you would need to not produce GMs until the late game so that you aren't getting 100-800 Tourism bombs, but rather higher numbers.

Definitely something to think about, but I find getting your own religion to be difficult on Emperor+ when some zealots are on your continent. But I'll try.

Not hard.

Open Pottery > get Shrine.
Open 2 in Piety with second + third pick while you establish city 2, get Shrine.
Meanwhile, you research Philosophy and build 2 temples.

YMMV.

It doesn't work that way. A Great Musician on a concert tour generates ten times your tourism/turn the turn he is born. It's better to stockpile faith and buy some GMs while you're hosting the Olympics, provided you have all Aesthetics policies.
It may however be worthwile to stockpile Great Writers to use them during or shortly after the World's Fair, as their culture yield from a political treatise is based on the past 8 turns, regardless of when the GW was born.

On a related note, you still need open borders to do a concert tour, right? Doesn't this really limit the GM ability to bomb enemies?

Autocracy culture as Morocco is my most nemorable game so far.

Mine too since its taking so long. I am neighbor to Freedom Shoshone and I neglected the CS alliances until quite late. I had to buy them all away from him to get control of congress. After he finally switched to Autocracy, I went Cult of Personality on him and rocked on!

Awww yiss...Morocco and Autocracy. A memorable diplomatic win indeed. I'll have to secure myself a cultural victory with them as well. Suck it, Brazil!

Their strength is a function of your Tourism/Turn level at the time they are created.

1) Don't bother to stockpile, because your oldest ones will be quite weak. It's better to use their great works to enhance the later ones.

2) If you're going for a Cultural Victory, you probably have Aesthetics filled out. So getting a handful of Great Musicians all at once for a massive concert bomb isn't that hard. Just buy some with Faith.

Thanks for this, guys...

On a related note, you still need open borders to do a concert tour, right? Doesn't this really limit the GM ability to bomb enemies?

You can always DoW to gain entry and make them listen to death metal at gunpoint ;)

Top Bottom