Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION V > Civ5 - Strategy & Tips

Old Aug 05, 2013, 03:29 AM   #1
kjades
Chieftain

Cultural victory best strategy in Brave New World

Hi, I know it might sound rather a vague question, but I'd like to know what, in your opinion, the best strategy to adopt to achieve a cultural victory is.
I mean, include all the possible factors (excluding which civilization to choose, that's optional), focusing especially on the research sequence and wonders not to miss.
Clearly general tips/hints are also welcome.

For example, how many cities do u think should one following cultural victory build?
The fact that Tradition tree's bonuses are all set for "the first 4 cities" would suggest that's the answer, isn't it?

Moreover, how do you deal with the fact that in order to build wonders you have to be quick to research them, and with only a small amount of cities (as required by cultural victory) you do not have a great science output? I make up for it building all the possible science buildings I can, including national scientific wonders, even though it might end up weighing a little on my finances.

Thx peepz!

Last edited by kjades; Aug 05, 2013 at 03:33 AM.
kjades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2013, 04:58 AM   #2
_invy_
Warlord

Cultural victory doesn't correlate too much with tall approach anymore, so going tradition isn't always the best option. There's build with religion where you go for faith buildings (pagodas, cathedrals..) and piety reformation with +2 tourism per bought faith building that achieves quickest victories. Byzantium is very good for this, just google these forums.

One thing to know is that culture vic is not meant to be played just peacefully in BNW. If you get culture happy AI in your game you will probably have to kill him with your army to win.
_invy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2013, 03:46 PM   #3
Deau
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _invy_ View Post
Cultural victory doesn't correlate too much with tall approach anymore, so going tradition isn't always the best option. There's build with religion where you go for faith buildings (pagodas, cathedrals..) and piety reformation with +2 tourism per bought faith building that achieves quickest victories. Byzantium is very good for this, just google these forums.

One thing to know is that culture vic is not meant to be played just peacefully in BNW. If you get culture happy AI in your game you will probably have to kill him with your army to win.
Disagreed. Peaceful CV is very capital-centric and requires extreme tall. It is entirely doable peacefully. You typically handle AI culture runaways with late game Great Musicians.

The ICS/Sacred sites strategy is fun but only viable at lower difficulties and doesn't exactly provide a natural game flow. It is very gimmicky and likely to be fixed in future patches. If all you want is to get a CV achievement, go for it. It's by far the easiest approach but it won't teach you much about CV.

There have been a few threads around discussing CV in BnW. My best pointer to the OP is to think "science" until modern era. Outteching your opponents is how you eventually manage to hard build a few extra wonders. In doubt, don't produce any great musician from guild until The Internet and thus focus only on GA/GW slots wonders. Particularly GA ones because you can fill them with relics from archeology. Besides that you basically want a food heavy capital+1-3 cities so that at least 2 cities can handle working 2 guild slots and 2 university slots.
Deau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 07, 2013, 07:16 PM   #4
FrostK
Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deau View Post
The ICS/Sacred sites strategy is fun but only viable at lower difficulties and doesn't exactly provide a natural game flow. It is very gimmicky and likely to be fixed in future patches.
Large map. Deity. 220 turns. If u know how to win faster, tell me plz.

P.S. It will be fixed as I think as well as universities for 160 faith.
FrostK is offline   Reply With Quote