Polynesia on pangea map late game commerce-autocracy Deity Domination

peddroelm

King
Moriarte asked for a video example of my autocracy late late "guide" pangea domination game ...

So I've started recording a game in progress from T192

DISCLAIMER (proof of concept video - not very high instructive/entertaining value ) ...

First video starts with an overly long ramble (T192 analysis) with incomprehensible accent - I do start to progress the game near the end of this video. Next videos will continue game progression to conclusion (with a bit less blabbering)...

episode 1
episode 2
episode 3
episode 4
episode 5
episode 6
last episode

I can only speak for myself but for what it's worth I can't really get attached to a game that starts on turn 200. The end of the game is a joke in my opinion because everything is overpowered and the AI is horrible. As long as you're building Artillery, Bombers, Modern Armor, Infantry or anything along those lines then you can easily close a domination game out on a Pangea map. Even someone like me who sucks at domination can mindlessly mass bombers on turn 200 and pull out a 260 win or whatever. Obviously competent players like Moriate can do it much quicker with much weaker units but the point that I'm trying to make is that any war plan that starts on turn 200 can't realistically be that difficult to pull-off because even someone as lazy as me can build 7-10 Bombers and a few fighters to bulldoze the map (once you get Logistics and Air Repair on ~5ish Bombers with Bombardment III there's just no game left).

Personally I would like to see a full game because civ, to me, is a game that's decided within the first 160 or so turns at the very latest. Everything beyond that is a foregone conclusion. It's pretty easy to surmise whether it'll be a turn 220, 250, 300, etc. game from that point on. I want to see how you tackle those first 160 turns to put yourself in the best position possible.

Again, I'm just speaking for myself here, but I basically lost interest immediately because I don't want to watch a game that's already completely over in my mind.

With respect to your accent, you're perfectly understandable to me. I know that a lot of "foreigners" are a bit gun-shy about their English but I've personally never disliked a video due to an accent or some slight discomfort with the English language. I think that I can speak for most people when I say "we don't care." Good insightful commentary transcends all language barriers. Your best is more than good enough. I'd definitely watch a full game from you is the point that I'm trying to make here. Nothing against what you said or how you said it, it's just not easy to jump into a turn 200 game with a vested interest in the outcome.

episode 2

T193 -T215
wonder spam engage !

@Tich
Unfortunately I had this game already in progress when Moriarte suggested for an LP so I started recording from there ... Might do another one from the start at some point (a bit time consuming the extra effort for commenting encoding & uploading for me)... Also I'm quite far from the top players skill so not sure what instructive/entertaining value such an LP would have ..

You are a true Machiavellian. Waiting for 250 turns, plotting, saturating. And a SB/xcom blitzkrieg in the end. Damn, didn't know they're so effective. :goodjob:

Can't see the last part though. Any chance of revitalizing it?

Top Bottom