Kael promoted to Vice President of Stardock

ori

Repair Guy
Retired Moderator

Kael (Derek Paxton) of Fall from Heaven fame has been promoted to Vice President of Stardock Entertainment as reported last month. He joined Stardock in 2010 as lead designer for the Elemental franchise and now moves up to (take part in) leading the studio.

To accompany these great news Kael announced last week that Stardock is planning on releasing an iOS version of the Somnium Card Game included in Fall from Heaven.

Please join us in congratulating one of our most successful modders :clap:.

Congratulations, Kael!

I saw in the news that Stardock has acquired the IP to the Star Control franchise. Can we expect a new Start Control game in the coming months? Perhaps a spinoff of a different genre?

Ascended Fanboy indeed! :)

Thanks guys, it is a dream come true! I never imagined when starting to mod right here at Civfanatics that I would one day be able to make games for a living and work with the amazing people at Stardock.

Thanks guys, it is a dream come true! I never imagined when starting to mod right here at Civfanatics that I would one day be able to make games for a living and work with the amazing people at Stardock.

Don't ever forget your roots! ;)
Sprouted out the fandom itself, you know what the fandom wants.

Good luck!

Stardock strategy games never grab me at the start like Civilization. Can you fix that?

Kael, now that is an inspiring story. All the better that is not only based on real events, it actually is a real event!

This is great news to wake up to. Congratulations and thanks for checking in on us. :)

Awesooom

Well done Kael, great news.

Congratulations. Goes to show a little dedication and good old fashioned hard work still pays off.

Congratulations, Kael. Really enjoying playing FE:LH these days.

Big (and somewhat late) congratulations from me as well!

Let me state that this is, as much as an outsider can see, very well deserved. FFH2 was a masterpiece right from the start, and what you and your team made out of the elemental game is absolutely stunning. I also was very impressed with the choice stardock took to gift the new elemental game to everyone who bought the first one - I don't know how much of a role you played in that descision, but that was incredibly generous and very well recieved. I personally spread the word of praise for that act and by doing so averted at least one illegal copy of the game and convinced a friend to instead buy the game to honor this noble fan service.

The industy needs more people like you and more companies with policies like Stardock.

Thanks for being awesome!
- WarChicken

Top Bottom