Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION III > Civ3 - Multiplayer & PBEM

Old Apr 21, 2003, 05:14 PM   #1
bystander
Chieftain

Angry Multiplayer PBEM Bug - See your enemies cities and units

Hi,

I'm new to the forums so if this issue has come up already then please ignore it.

I recently started a PBEM game and a few turns into it I went to load up the latest turn file. I accidentally pressed quickstart and a new game started up.

Instead of quitting out to the main menu I loaded the game form within this game and was surprised to find I wasn't asked for my password.

After having my turn I pressed space to finish expecting the usual Save and Exit window to appear. Instead I was greeted with full control of the next players civilisation!

It seems to me pretty lame that you can so easily bypass the password protection on the file.

And to top it all off when I emailed tech support advising them of this bug they sent me an email back saying that because I'm not in the US I need to contact my local agent for support ON THEIR 0900 NUMBER!!! After buying their game and trying to advise them of a flaw they want me to spend $1.99 a minute calling them to tell them about it?

I've been a big fan of Civ since the first one but this latest one has left a really bad taste in my mouth... They have really screwed the pooch on this one.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 03:02 PM   #2
Checkmate13
Chieftain

Thats sooo friggin weak,

does anyone know if they are fixing this in the next patch?
Checkmate13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2003, 11:54 AM   #3
Myzenium
Regent

Quote:
And to top it all off when I emailed tech support advising them of this bug they sent me an email back saying that because I'm not in the US I need to contact my local agent for support ON THEIR 0900 NUMBER!!! After buying their game and trying to advise them of a flaw they want me to spend $1.99 a minute calling them to tell them about it?
Firaxis has provided the means to report bugs with ease. I have done the following steps to report bugs to Firaxis:

1. Visit the Firaxis website.
2. Mouse-over on "Contact".
3. Click on "Game Feedback".
4. Input your name and e-mail address.
5. In the "I want to tell Firaxis:" combo box, pick "about a bug in a game".
6. In the "Select your game:" combo box, pick "Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play the World"
7. Click on "click for bug report instructions".
8. Enter the description of your bug, following the bug report instructions.
Myzenium is offline   Reply With Quote