|Apr 21, 2003, 05:14 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2003
Multiplayer PBEM Bug - See your enemies cities and units
I'm new to the forums so if this issue has come up already then please ignore it.
I recently started a PBEM game and a few turns into it I went to load up the latest turn file. I accidentally pressed quickstart and a new game started up.
Instead of quitting out to the main menu I loaded the game form within this game and was surprised to find I wasn't asked for my password.
After having my turn I pressed space to finish expecting the usual Save and Exit window to appear. Instead I was greeted with full control of the next players civilisation!
It seems to me pretty lame that you can so easily bypass the password protection on the file.
And to top it all off when I emailed tech support advising them of this bug they sent me an email back saying that because I'm not in the US I need to contact my local agent for support ON THEIR 0900 NUMBER!!! After buying their game and trying to advise them of a flaw they want me to spend $1.99 a minute calling them to tell them about it?
I've been a big fan of Civ since the first one but this latest one has left a really bad taste in my mouth... They have really screwed the pooch on this one.
|Apr 23, 2003, 11:54 AM||#3|
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
1. Visit the Firaxis website.
2. Mouse-over on "Contact".
3. Click on "Game Feedback".
4. Input your name and e-mail address.
5. In the "I want to tell Firaxis:" combo box, pick "about a bug in a game".
6. In the "Select your game:" combo box, pick "Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play the World"
7. Click on "click for bug report instructions".
8. Enter the description of your bug, following the bug report instructions.