East Asia TSL Map

vibe96

Warlord
Spoiler :

Can be downloaded HERE!

This is a map of Eastern Asia with China as it's primary focus. It has city-states from BNW, so that seems to be a requirement. The map has two versions: "Asia" includes the Basic asian civs and city-states and "Asia edited" adds recoloured Huns into Central China to stir up the otherwise empty place. This version also adds a couple of city-states that have been renamed in worldbuilder.

The other day I was searching for a good East-Asian map to play, because I am interested in the culture of the region. But I couldn't find any great maps, so I decided to do my own. The map is sized between small and standard, but this doesn't give justice to the size. The map seems really big especially in Central China, and there was not any conflicts in my first game. So that's why I decided to add The Huns. I gave them Persian colours, because they don't represent The Huns but a Chinese tribe. The map is still large, but you should see some wars at least in the Middle Ages.

The map has pre-set resources. I tried to put resources into historical places, but my main focus was good gameplay. I also tried to add features and rivers as realistically as possible. My interpretation of Asia is a diverse continent; big deserts and plains, woody regions, big jungles, hilly regions and large oceans.

Civilizations:
China
Japan
Korea
Siam
Mongolia
The Huns*

City-States
Almaty
Lhasa
Kathmandu
Kuala Lumpur
Hanoi
Kyzyl
Manila
Hong Kong
Shanghai (Cahokia)*
Vladivostok (Vancouver)*
Taipei (Cape Town)*
Chongqing (Prague)*

* = Only in "Asia edited"

So, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to leave a comment :) I will add more screenshots and other information very soon.

Hey vibe96,

that is a very gorgeous map, cant wait to try this one out, looks like the same style as my Europe maps.

Is there a way to include Indonesia and Australia? That would complete the whole western pacific area and would be a cool basis for some WW II Japanese games.

:goodjob:

Hey vibe96,

that is a very gorgeous map, cant wait to try this one out, looks like the same style as my Europe maps.

Is there a way to include Indonesia and Australia? That would complete the whole western pacific area and would be a cool basis for some WW II Japanese games.

:goodjob:

Thanks!

I initially thought about adding Indonesia and maybe even Polynesia. However I decided to leave them away and consestrate on China mainly because of the map size. My computer can't handle big maps very well...

Currently I'm too busy with school to start making maps. However I might give it a try someday. I have also thought about shrinking the map a bit. This would allow more land to western areas, maybe I could even add India. This would however require me to compeletely redo the map so I don't really want to do that. I would also need to scale Japan and the Korean peninsula up a bit to allow more room for cities.

Some tips about the map: OPEN HONOR! Really! The barbs are a huge problem for everyone exept Japan, because there are so much unclaimed land and the terrain is rough. Usually the AI will take care of barbs, but not here. I have played only to medieval era with Siam, China and Japan. I would say that Japan is the most interesting. You can beeline to Samurais and then invande Korea and why not China as well. I also think that the Mongols would be interesting, the khan has a lot of open terrain and they seem to do well at least in my games. Siam is however a bit boring IMO, because they are so isolated and the rough terrain hinders movement. Maybe playing the edited version will spice things up a bit :D

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for making this! I'm playing Mongolia and your Honor tip was very helpful, at least half the culture my empire has earned must be from killed Barbarians. :lol: After a slow start (Barbarians everywhere...) I have invaded China, now planning to conquer Korea and then strike at Japan's capital. There's a vast Barbarian no man's land between my empire and Siam way down south though, playing on the non-extended version. :p Really enjoying this game. :)

Btw, should all the civs really have Chieftain as their standard difficulty? I don't know how it works but I edited them all in World Builder to be on Prince (which I believe is the AI's normal one?) so I wouldn't risk ending up with easy-playing AIs, hehe.

I think that the AI plays on chieftain. That's why they have insane happiness levels.

I added the huns just to fill that void between siam and china/mongolia. I tried the map with korea on emperor, and on that game the huns were really agressive. They attacked siam around mediaval, but never took any cities. The khan always seems to concentrate on eliminating city-states, and japan just stays in their islands founding 3-5 cities (I desingned it so Japan can have 3 cities in Honshu, and there is room for 3 more in Hokkaido, Kyoshu and Okinawa.

Top Bottom