Goblin Spiderrider

Nomad or What

Wayfarer
Supporter
EDIT: All Goblin units are now posted at this thread. Please post comments about any goblin units on the new discussion thread. :END EDIT

Holy arachnophobia, Batman! It's a goblin on the back of a giant spider! So I guess that makes it a spider-rider, huh? Hey, that rhymes! Whoa, they're comin' this way, let's get outta here Batman! Uhhh...Batman??? <screams in the distance>

Goblin Spider Rider, 10 custom animations and 2 spider skins, black and yellow. Original art from the Dragonia II mod. Like most of my conversions this is simply the graphics; no sounds or game mechanics are applied in this mod. This unit converted at very small scale so I personally feel that NumMembers=3 in vehicle formation at a scale of 1.0 is just about perfect:

Any chance we can get these spiders without the goblin? The one by ispanets isn't scaleable (so can only be used as a very giant spider). And your re-texture in the image is very nice!

Btw, I have all your other goblins now and have been watching them run around (as barbs) in autoplay. They're fantastic!

Nomad, you're absolutely nuking WHFB. Spider riders were one thing I was worried about. If you're not already doing another unit, can I request a centaur (who I will then distort into a Chaos Centigor)?

Any chance we can get these spiders without the goblin? The one by ispanets isn't scaleable (so can only be used as a very giant spider). And your re-texture in the image is very nice!

Scalable spiders? whaddya mean, these???

Btw, I have all your other goblins now and have been watching them run around (as barbs) in autoplay. They're fantastic!

AWESOME. That is one of the plans I have for my fantasy mod and why I am doing Barbarian and quasi-barbarian units first. One thing (since you are handy at Lua): Is it possible to create a playable civilization that is also friendly with barbarians until a certain technology is reached? FFH had this feature and if it can be coded in Civ V that would really be fantastic!

Nomad, you're absolutely nuking WHFB. Spider riders were one thing I was worried about. If you're not already doing another unit, can I request a centaur (who I will then distort into a Chaos Centigor)?

I will look to see what is available. I saw a couple of centaur-like units in Civ IV, but not sure how the animations play out. Worst case scenario is that I chop the legs off of some poor b*stard, stuff his torso on top of a decapitated horse, and then use the existing Civ V animations for a Keshik or whatever. Not sure how well that might work, but it sure sounds like fun!!! :D

centaurs in cIV are in FFH (at least some are there)
charger / lancer (in full combat armor) / centaur archer ... maybe one more.
those are the kuriotates units (if it helps finding them in the database)

centaurs in cIV are in FFH (at least some are there)
charger / lancer (in full combat armor) / centaur archer ... maybe one more.
those are the kuriotates units (if it helps finding them in the database)

Thanks! Found them, but I am having some issues converting them... :sad:

Top Bottom