Resource icon

CRpSuite : Playing aids and game analysis utils 2.11.0

Dianthus

Small but hardy
Retired Moderator
CRpSuite (CRp short for CivReplay) is a suite of utilities intended as playing aids and for post game analysis.

The latest downloads and information (including screenshots. Note though that the CRpMapStat screenshot is out of date, and doesn't show the new Trading/Flipping views) can be found on my website ([size=-3]Last Updated : 12th May 2005 : 13:00 BST[/size]). The end of this post summarises the latest changes, and the rest of this thread is used:
  • To notify of new releases. I post every time a new release becomes available. Click on "Thread Tools" then "Subscribe to this Thread" above to receive notification.
  • To provide support. If you've got any questions (preferably related to CRpSuite :)) just ask here and I'll try to answer. CRpSuite has evolved quite a bit (including a name change, from CIVReplayViewer) since it started, so the early parts of this thread are not really applicable. Don't feel you have to read it all, just ask!
  • For you to provide feedback. Let me know what you think. Tell me if you find a bug or if you've had an idea for a new feature. Most of the added features have been at the request of users.

The current version of CRpSuite on my website is 2.11.0 :

Bug fixes in 2.11.0 :
  • CRpMapStat - Fixed another trading bug. I thought that enemy naval units would block sea trade routes. They don't!
    (Reported by Furiey)
  • CRpMapStat - Fixed another problem with CPT. Denniz reported he thought it was to do with selling buildings. I think it was just wrong!
    (Reported by Denniz)
  • CRpMapStat - Fixed bug with newly added disabling of blinking. Tabs now remain highlighted when blinking disabled.
    (Reported by MeteorPunch)
  • CRpMapStat - Fixed bug with highlighting. All columns in a row trailing the highlighted one were being highlighted.
    (Reported by zyxy)
  • CRpViewer - Fixed bug with "Terr (%)" for .savs other than the the first loaded.
    (Reported by Moonsinger and vmxa)

New features in 2.11.0 :
  • CRpMapStat - Added a new "Food" tab that helps to identify cities that will grow soon and/or will overrun.
    (Suggested by Moonsinger)
  • CRpMapStat - Added new icons to "Happiness" tab to show WLTKD and riotting.
    (Suggested by Moonsinger and Gyathaar)
  • CRpMapStat - Added new option to not show resources with count of 0 on trading tab.
    (Suggested by Turner_727)
  • CRpMapStat - Tabs can now be hidden to avoid clutter.
    (Suggested by Moonsinger)

Known bugs in 2.11.0 :
  • CRpMapStat - Can list untradeable tech for scenarios using flavours.
    (Reported by Michelangelo)
  • CRpViewer - Incorrectly reports victory point location events as great leaders.
    (Reported by vmxa)
  • CRpMapStat - Uses lots of CPU if target directory for autosave copying does not exist. This can be worked around by creating the target directory. At some point I'll make CRpMapStat create it automatically if it doesn't already exist.
    (Reported by DaveShack)
  • CRpMapStat - Trading tab highlights techs that are no longer available for trade. Should only highlight those newly available.
  • CRpMapStat - Should (maybe, need to think about spoilers) only show flip probabilities if cultural conversion are enabled.
    (Reported by superslug)

Last edited by a moderator:
This tool looks great!

How do I get a crp.file ? :confused: Please help

Ronald

Thanks Ronald. Currently there is only the one .crp file available. See the 2nd link in the 1st post!

Originally posted by Dianthus
Currently there is only the one .crp file available. See the 2nd link in the 1st post!

But to use the replayviewer, we need to somehow convert our sav files into crp files. Is there a utility?

Ronald

Originally posted by a space oddity
No, the one file contains all the QSC18 games! Enjoy!

It's nice to see all the qsc18 games :goodjob: but I was thinking about just looking at any game to watch.

Originally posted by Ronald

But to use the replayviewer, we need to somehow convert our sav files into crp files. Is there a utility?

Ronald

My initial intention is to release .crp files for all of the submitted GOTM games. This may turn out to be an incentive for people to submit even when they do poorly so they can compare their game to the good ones.

I may in the future release a utility to extract the event log from a .SAV file and add it to an already existing .crp file. This would not contrevene point 2 in my original post about not allowing people to cheat and reveal the map for any game prior to completing it.

Interesting Utility...

I have a suggestion for point 2. Contact me by PM.

I have downloaded both. I will try them later tonight.

I appreciate your work, and understand your concerns about point 2. I would not use it for that purpose, but I know some who would.

@Dianthus

I just had a quick look and I'm impressed. :goodjob:

Couple this up with SpiderZord's upcoming PowerTimeline and together they will be a killer learning tool!

regards

Ted

There's a new version of CIVReplayViewer, along with a new version of the QSC_18_celts.crp file and a Full_18_celts.crp file.

See the first post for details of the changes.

I probably won't be changing this for a little while. I've yet to start GOTM 19, so I'm not going to have much time in the next couple of weeks!

Originally posted by Dianthus

I may in the future release a utility to extract the event log from a .SAV file and add it to an already existing .crp file. This would not contrevene point 2 in my original post about not allowing people to cheat and reveal the map for any game prior to completing it.

The crp file thing is no good. Your app doesn't allow any seemless cheat that didn't already exist so that should not be a reason for choosing a more difficult interface. The simple fact that you don't also have a crp maker program available prevents any real use of this app. That is, we can only use it with the files you distribute.

I downloaded this and played with it. Wow. This is great! Just wanted to pipe in to say there is at least one person who finds this very useful and hopes that you will continue with development and new releases of CSP files to coincide with the GOTM.

Originally posted by Smirk

The crp file thing is no good. Your app doesn't allow any seemless cheat that didn't already exist so that should not be a reason for choosing a more difficult interface. The simple fact that you don't also have a crp maker program available prevents any real use of this app. That is, we can only use it with the files you distribute.

Smirk, I think you're being a bit harsh saying the crp file is "no good". However, I probably am being a bit anal over not releasing the CIVReplayCreator.

I'm thinking I'll modify it slightly to only reveal the tiles that are revealed in 1 or more of the added games, and modify CIVReplayViewer to allow loading of any other .SAV files matching the map for the currently loaded .crp file.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not going to have any time for further development this month, so don't hold your breathe. If this sounds useful to anyone say so and I'll be more likely to do it!

Constructive critisism/useful suggestions are welcome.

Originally posted by rabies
I downloaded this and played with it. Wow. This is great! Just wanted to pipe in to say there is at least one person who finds this very useful and hopes that you will continue with development and new releases of CSP files to coincide with the GOTM.

Thanks rabies. I'm definitely going to do that as I find it useful myself. CIVReplayViewer seems a lot better for giving an idea of whats happening in a full game than for a QSC though. More detail would be needed to properly analyze a QSC and that isn't available in the .SAV files.

One suggestion from a GUI persective...resizable/selectable panes. I am running 1024x768 res..and the map display does not quite fit..forcing me to scroll the window..even when I bump the res up to 1280x1024, the window scrolls are there.

...and I agree with city numbers..or something to make the cities/borders in the map stand out more..right now the color palettes make it a bit tough to see clearly.

I also agree with you on the icons in the event log list view. With the exception of GL and GA...they all kinda look the same.

...and is there a way to show the victory condition achieved by each player?

I think it would be alright for you to release or integrate the CIVReplayCreator. If people are going to cheat (in a GOTM/Tournament/HOF sense), there are numerous ways they can already see the map.

Talk to Gramphos or Ainwood (if you haven't already) about how you can make it a bit more 'competition safe', but when it comes down to it, this replay utility doesn't allow any more cheating oportunities than are already available through other means.

Top Bottom