CivBE gameplay at Gamescom on Thursday and Friday!

SupremacyKing

Prince
I found this preview video for CivBE at Gamescom this week. It has some gameplay footage from what appears to be a different map than the previous demos that we've seen. It appears that there will be a live demo presentation on Thursday, Aug 14 for wikia.com and Friday Aug 15 for gamestar.com from 12pm to 12:30pm.

Here is the google translate of the youtube video description:
I am very pleased to be able to show at Gamescom in Cologne Beyond Earth: in a lengthy video interview with Senior Producer Dennis Shirk and two stage performances, in which I will show the newest offshoot of the Civilization series, together with Dennis live at Let's Plays. Included is the games journalist Christian Weigel, respectively. We present you here the current working version of the title. You can find us on the stage. "Let's Play meets gamescom" in Hall 10.1, 14 and 15.8. each of 12.00-12.30 clock. Thursdays we act for wikia.com, Fridays for the Gamestar. The sci-fi turn-based strategy game "Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth" is at 24.10. appear and in the tradition of Alpha Centauri.

Here is the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOqyYsxf8wA

I don't speak German. Could any of our German speakers be so kind as to watch the video and give us any interesting highlights? Thanks.

That guy again..
I watched his vid on Brave New Wold last years and found his speaking style very tiring. Hopefully thre'l be more playing and less talking this time.

These are great news!
The vid though I've seen before since it's the same as the E3 gameplay.

Oh god, three people wil be playing together. I hope it's nothing like the BNW vid where they would sometimes debate for a full minute or longer whther to send their scout two hexes east or two hexes north-east.

Is the German interview that come today (see link in the news thread) the same thing as this?

There it was hinted that sea cities and real terraforming would be in a future expansion!

Is the German interview that come today (see link in the news thread) the same thing as this?

There it was hinted that sea cities and real terraforming would be in a future expansion!

Yes I think it is the same thing.

And yes, it is exciting that real terraforming and sea cities could be in a future expansion.

On the issue of sea cities, I am really hoping that they find a way to make them different from land cities and also to deter sea city spamming like in SMAC. The interviewer made an excellent point that in SMAC, geography became meaningless since players could spam cities equally on land and sea. I love the idea of sea cities but I still want land and sea to have meaning.

The same guy who did the interview has a half-hour Let's Play at Gamescom today and tomorrow at 12.00 German time (UTC+1). I think he did the interview between playing for two hours behind closed doors and the public play. That was four and a half hours ago and I don't know when it's going to be online.

Nothing was hinted ! Nothing !

The German Gamestar Live Gameplay from the gamescom is available on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VnTSuJsecc

Unfortunately, some German freaks could not behave during the first CivBE live broadcast. This has been very shameful for us Germans. Please excuse this. Hopefully, the live session tomorrow will be more productive (high noon CEST, this should be 6 am PST).

A record should be available later on YouTube.

There's definitely some room for improvement of the presentation from the german side. The acoustics are especially terrible and it seems a bit chaotic. At one point the player even does something that was contrary to what was discussed before. (attack the wolf beetle) And in a later situation he admits that he has no idea what Dennis and the other guy are talking about. I wonder who chose him to play and why. :-/

Thanks for the link.

I noticed when he passed the mouse over the bottom icons that there is an "upgrade units" screen. I'm guessing that is the screen where you pick your next unit upgrade when you rank up in an affinity. Also, if you look at the mini map in the top right hand corner, you can see the lines representing the continents. So the player picked the load out bonus that reveals the continental outlines.

Eight turns in sixteen minutes while talking about very basic concepts. Apparently aimed at people who haven't even heard about the game before,
:(

Eight turns in sixteen minutes while talking about very basic concepts. Apparently aimed at people who haven't even heard about the game before,
:(

Yeah, these demos are apparently meant for the total newbie who has never heard of civ before to hopefully get them interested enough to buy the game. The veterans like us will get much more out of the live streams on twitch that Pete Murray is doing.

I also wish that they would keep the camera on the big screen. At one point, he opened up the trade menu in diplomacy but we could not see anything because the camera was focused on the guys talking.

Yeah, these demos are apparently meant for the total newbie who has never heard of civ before to hopefully get them interested enough to buy the game. The veterans like us will get much more out of the live streams on twitch that Pete Murray is doing.

I also wish that they would keep the camera on the big screen. At one point, he opened up the trade menu in diplomacy but we could not see anything because the camera was focused on the guys talking.

I don't know where the Firaxis marketing guys were, but this demo was not very well planned.

I did pick up that one of the prosperity virtues is called "helping Hands" and it gives "+15% build speed to tile improvements".

Top Bottom