Yamato - NavalWar

Luthor_Saxburg

Vassal of Civilization
INTRODUCTION
This PBEM is based on Kiwitt's scenario (Naval War), with a strong focus on modern naval warfare.

GAME SETTINGS
MOD=NONE
SCENARIO=NavalWar (with small changes)
Map=TINY
Era=ERA_INDUSTRIAL
Speed=GAMESPEED_QUICK
Calendar=CALENDAR_YEARS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_FLIPPING
Option=GAMEOPTION_RAGING_BARBARIANS
Option=GAMEOPTION_AGGRESSIVE_AI
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_TRADING
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_BROKERING
Option=GAMEOPTION_COMPLETE_KILLS
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_VASSAL_STATES

VICTORY CONDITIONS
Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST

NATIONS & PLAYERS
0: Germany (Bismark) = Kenwyn Kiwitt
1: England (Churchill) = AI
2: France (De Gaulle) = Alhrath Tigranes
3: India (Gandhi) = Rodrigo
4: China (Mao Zedong) = AI
5: U.S.A. (Roosevelt) = Hercules
6: Russia (Stalin) = Eclipse Armor
7: Japan (Tokugama) = Luthor Armor

HOUSERULES

START OF THE GAME
Choosing of nations: Random.
No attack of anykind is allowed in turn1, even if you are attacked.
During the 1st turn you can only trade maximum of 1 resource with the AI. So if you buy 1, you can not sell any resource to them.

DIPLOMACY
Private Diplomacy is not allowed (email, PM or anyother means)
Public Diplomacy is allowed (by posting in the thread)

WAR&PEACE
Peace between human nations is not possible.
Peace and War with AI nations has no restrictions but fairplay and good common sense should still apply. Example: giving the AI more than required (eg cities) just for denial purposes is not allowed.

TRADES
Trade between humans is (obviously) not allowed
Regular Trade with AI is possible. However, the following is not allowed:
* Giving units
* Giving\Receiving cities with the following exceptions:
.................* all humans can LIBERATE ONE city during the game
.................* In case of peace deals (but still it has to be reasonable and can not be used for denial purposes)

NUCLEAR WAR
Humans can not use nuclear weapons

TECHNOLOGY
Nations must first uncover the tech of GENETICS before researching SATELLITES or COMPUTERS
There is no restriction on stealing Techs (via spying)

RAZING OF CITIES
Cities can be razed with the exception of the following type of cities:
  • HolyCities
  • Corporation HeadQuarters
  • ORIGINAL Capitals (the 8 cities without contact with the sea)
  • Cities with Wonders

GENERAL RULES
- There must be fairplay and all actions and rules should be use within reasonable limits.
- Civ 'A' can use the 'Influence Civic' spying action against a civ 'B' Civ as many times as it (Civ 'A') has used a Great Spy on 'Civ B'.

PLAYING RULES
If working properly, PBEM tracker will be favorite way of sending turns forward.
Players should play their turns within 48h (exceptions will be exceptions)

Last edited:
On my part, I would prefer not to play with the Indians.

Thanks for setting this up Luthor. I like the concept and I think nuke war ruins the naval dimension.

OK. I'm ready for something different. Tho as a "Peacemaker" :jesus: , it will be a challenge.

No desire for USA.

Welcome. It seems we have 4.5 people interested! :thumbsup:

Kenwyn, do not worry... once your brand new Battleship (that took a lot of sweat and money to build) is sunk by some lucky submarine, you will feel the :mad: and go into a berserker mode!!! :p

If i get to battleships i'll be amazed(!). :wow:

BTW: great side-by-side (before & after?) pics on opening post/thread. :goodjob:

I propose a slight change to one of the settings, "Always War" (Humans)
The original game hosted by KiwiTT is challenging and exciting especially if you enjoy "WAR" and fighting.

The idea of anyone or everyone could come at you though adds a scare while you wait for your turn beyond what most games offer and these games are or should be more entertaining than dreading opening it to see what might be left of your Civilization.

Having said that the option "War or Peace" would still be a "War" oriented game but would have another layer of depth. Now you can wage war and remain at war with anyone or everyone if you wish or build a network allies or whatever you might dream up

I think that what Eclipse is proposing is to change the 1st houserule of the WAR&PEACE segment to the following:
- Everyone starts at peace with everyone but once a human declares war on another human it can not go back (once war is declared no peace will be possible)

On my side, I think that the "dreading" is part of the game excitment... I feel a certain anxiety whe opening the file... and that makes me feel more alive! Scared but alive! So I do think that the feeling adds to the game. Besides, anyone can declare war at anytime, so being at peace it is a mere illusion and the feeling should still be there or you could have your entire fleet sunk if you are not carefull.

For the moment the game has 5 players, so if 2 players endorse Eclipse proposal, we will include it in the houserules.

Not sure i'm following? :confused:

w/o this change, everyone is automatically at war w/ every human? &/or AI also?

The prob w/ less than all-out war is players could collude against some poor (human) sap, not only militarily, but economically also. :eek:
At least with forced war, they can't do the latter.

Will AI be treated the same or can we make nice or gang up on them? ;)

There are two possibilities regarding human to human war:

1) Humans start at war with everyother human and can not make peace

2) Humans start at peace with everyother human and once they declare war they can never make peace.

The AI is another story. We all start at peace with the AI and can make war or peace at anytime without restrictions.

I like this I must not have understood.

I think your original setup is ok
My initial wording was probably not very clear.

We now have 6 players... let's roll! I will make the dice roll and setup the game up until the weekend!

I've added the following houserules:
Players must use tracker
Players should make their best efforts to play within 48h

I hope that everyone is Ok with that.

May the war begin!!!! :ar15:

DICE ROLL

I roll the dice by player (order of sign up) and just kept rolling until I got a valid result. And the results are:

Luthor
1st die roll: Japan. OK

Hercules
1st die roll: India. Player does not want it.
2nd die roll: Japan. Already taken.
3rd die roll: USA. OK, but... again?

Rodrigo
1st die roll: USA. Already taken.
2nd die roll: India. OK

Eclipse
Result: Japan. Already taken.
2nd die roll: Russia. OK

Kenwyn
1st die roll: USA. Already taken.
2nd die roll: Germany. OK

Alhrath