How do i initiate propaganda?

Blunt_Axe

Chieftain
I have never figured out how to initiate propaganda. I am using PTW and i go into the enspionage screen and select spy missions then initiate propaganda, but i can't select a city or the amount to spend on the mission etc. Any ideas on how to do this?

The civilopedia says propanda is initiated in the city a spy resides. Is there a way of getting a spy into a city other the capital of an enemy civ? If so how do i do this?

You can't move the spy and you don;t need to - the documentation is misleading. If you have a sply in place and you get the the "Espionage" screen and then select "Initiate Propaganda" you will then be able to select the city to target and the price will appear.

In your case, where the cities are greyed out and you can't initiate the mission, the target AI civ is a democracy -- democracies are immune to propaganda. Under vanilla Civ 3 you got a pop-up saying that they were immune; with PTW, you experience the frustrating (the first time it happens anyway) situation of having the cities greyed out and no explanation as to why you can't perform a propaganda mission.

...also, you may not have enough money... in which case none of the "options" light up below. It is hard to read the dollar amounts you need unless you look closely.

Top Bottom