Live stream "Masterclass: Faction Strategies" Friday, Sept 26 at 2pm EST

MadDjinn

Deity
We're kicking off Firaxicon with a special stream, featuring, well - Me! (and Pete)

Come join us on Firaxis' Twitch channel as it comes under new management! (well, for the hour anyways :mischief: )

If you have any questions or topics that you'd like Pete and I to cover, let us know here. I make no promises to answer everything, but we'll see if we can work some questions in. Eight factions, one hour, all strategy.

(and no this is not an LP stream, you have to wait for that :eek: )

Can we attack outposts of other factions w/o DOW?
Is there a 'avoid growth' button?
If an outpost starts with some first ring tiles, does this speed up growth to city?

Want to know more details about victory conditions. Does victory buildings require just 13 level in a affinity, or additional techs too?
Currently known air units are quite weak compared to land units. Is there any strong air units there?

I have a question
How much FI unique ability translate in a regular game ? 2 or 3 free techs ?
Also how is the max number of virtues you can get, on terms of how many I can get before I hit the last turn on the game

Will new alien nests have a chance of creating a biomass resource beneath them?

How long does each victory condition take in regards to harmony's mindflower or the contact victory conditions.

Is a constant stream a troops needed for emaciation or can you stop sending troops through with no negative effects if you are attacked by a different civ.

Is 8 factions the max size for a game or can you have more than that with duplicates.

How large are the maps in comparison to civ 5's.

Does Brasilia's bonus to melee damage effect ranged units you control when they are being attacked by melee enemy's.

Can you use a miasma satellite to stop a trade route an enemy has with a station/outpost if it has already begun?

I have a few;

1. Science.
Will science be as dominant as it was in Civ 5?
Will there be an "Education Tech" that you must reach ASAP, to be able to build a building (in this case universities), to be able to compete? Or will military unit strength be independent from science somehow? Can you build a rather "low-tech" civilization and still be effective in wars?

2. AI. (I think the whole civ community is worried about this one...)
Will the military AI suck as much as it did in Civ 5? Will it still suicide its units (jumping into water tiles, moving ranged units next to enemy melee units, etc...)? Will it try to flank you/surprise you somehow? Will it build counters to the units you have?

3. Diplomacy.
Is there any way to have meaningful military alliances that doesn't screw you up like in Civ 5 (Defence Pacts that makes the whole world hate you)? In other words; will you be given a choice this time to honor or not the pact, and the information to make that choice (global relations, etc)? Will the AI notice now when we help them destroy hostile units? Will they return the favor?

4. The most important question of them all; Will MadDjinn LP the game more than he did Civ 5 (abysmally rare...)?

:)

Also could you go over your preferred use of the affinity specific units as we've already seen all but the battlesuit and rocktopus in game now.

I'm really looking forward to this one

This does look good. I'm especially interested in his take on how practical it is to go for a multi-affinity strategy.

Show us the aircraft and aircraft carrier upgrade paths please. :worship:

that hasn't been shown yet? I thought all of them were covered by now.

We've seen the purity/supremacy/harmony carriers, yes, but not the different versions of them. We've only seen one version. I have no idea of what affinity level they were though.

that hasn't been shown yet? I thought all of them were covered by now.

No, we only have concept art of the tier 1 and 2 pre-affinity aircraft, screenshots of the Purity Raider and concept art of a Harmony air fighter (no idea what tier). We have no idea what Supremacy aircraft look like (well, going by Supremacy ground and naval units we have some idea) or what most of the aircraft are called or what the carriers are called. We also don't know the upgrade perks we can choose for the aircraft or the carriers. So I thought I would ask if you could help fill in the blanks. :)

If you have any questions or topics that you'd like Pete and I to cover, let us know here. I make no promises to answer everything, but we'll see if we can work some questions in.

1. Can you confirm if taking an Outpost constitutes a Declaration of War?

2. Do alien nests spawn continually throughout the game?

3. Are the graphics for the Emancipation Gate and Exodus Gate really gonna be the same?

4. Can you show us units in combat action?

5. At what % of the game turns do factions usually turn to affinities, and would a civilization be at a disadvantage if they chose not to specialize in one?

6. If there are two Supremacy factions, can only one of them build the Emancipation Gate?

Yep, we've seen this and a screenshot with the purity carrier but no details on them and none in a live game.

Honestly though, this whole carrier bit could be saved for another stream. I'd hate for Maddjinn's livestream to be nothing but tooltips and displaying units.

Top Bottom