Twitch Live Stream: Let's Play Brasilia

SupremacyKing

Prince
This live stream will be part 1 of playing Brasilia through the entire game according to the facebook post. Yes!! :eek: :)

Glory,Glory, Hallelujah! :woohoo:

Whose co-hosting with Pete this time?

Glory,Glory, Hallelujah! :woohoo:

Whose co-hosting with Pete this time?

I'd be happy with just Pete playing. It will be 100000% better than the amateurish let's plays that we've gotten so far. I mean: a Firaxian doing a let's play, not just to 250 turns, but through the entire game, is amazing. I am ectatic with joy!

And I was just thinking "I don't care any more about live streams, I know enough and just want to play myself. But I would watch a complete game."
:D
It's just a bit of a shame it's Brasilia, the (mechanically) most boring faction for me. Unless they are showing us a new build with a new UA.
Also a very good sign for the polish of the game if they're confident enough to show a complete sessio .

I eat up competent game play videos and Pete is also very good at explaining what he is doing and why.

Brasilia's UA is a shade lackluster but I suspect it was finally selected as the lesser of several evlls - they probably tried other UA's like experience perks, ranged fire perks to go with the melee perk, etc. and found them OP to some degree, given how powerful late game units get.

Do any of you know why the 1080p resolution looks so bad?, It looks like the LP is uploaded in 720p at the most. Hopefully Pete can do something to upload future LP's in better quality.

Brasilia's UA is a shade lackluster but I suspect it was finally selected as the lesser of several evlls - they probably tried other UA's like experience perks, ranged fire perks to go with the melee perk, etc. and found them OP to some degree, given how powerful late game units get.

My problem is that it forces them into a military play style. All other factions have a bonus that's useful no matter what you do. No matter whether your game is peaceful or you're a warmonger, you'll always want to use satellites, trade, spy, expand your borders etc. And the +10%melee is particularly unoriginal.

Brasilia's UA is not exciting but it does make sense. Considering that the game gives players lots of ways to boost military strength, even the smallest military bonus would become OP later on.

And, domination is arguably the easiest victory. If you make a faction too good at conquest, then it would totally break the game, as players would just pick the military faction and easily win a domination victory every single time. You still want players to need to focus on science, growth, production, culture etc...

I don't think he will try to play all the way to the end of the game.
The fastest I do on Civ 5 with easiest difficulty and without expansion is just 1 hour and 30 minutes. And 3 hours up with expansion.

Although I know nothing about BE but I think he might have some save files or otherwise it gonna be seperate into each part.

PS Wait I just saw part in it. My bad.

The fastest I do on Civ 5 with easiest difficulty and without expansion is just 1 hour and 30 minutes. And 3 hours up with expansion.

Although I know nothing about BE but I think he might have some save files or otherwise it gonna be seperate into each part.

PS Wait I just saw part in it. My bad.

Quick, duel map, lowest difficulty, domination victory before turn 50.
That would be a complete game and some quality trolling.
:rotfl:

Pete said at the end of the last stream that the LP will continue until release. So it'll be one game spread over a number of sessions.

Do any of you know why the 1080p resolution looks so bad?, It looks like the LP is uploaded in 720p at the most. Hopefully Pete can do something to upload future LP's in better quality.

We run video out at 1080p. Are you using "Source" as your streaming quality?

Brasilia's UA is not exciting but it does make sense. Considering that the game gives players lots of ways to boost military strength, even the smallest military bonus would become OP later on.

I'd rather have seen a unit maintenance discount, maybe -10-20% per turn, to get a bigger army in play. I feel like that would have been a stronger and more interesting buff, and it would still scale as the units did... unless there's an obvious reason this wouldn't work that I'm too dumb to think of?

It's "Part 1" so I assume this will be spread across 3-4 hour-long streams. That seems doable to me.

My problem is that it forces them into a military play style. All other factions have a bonus that's useful no matter what you do. No matter whether your game is peaceful or you're a warmonger, you'll always want to use satellites, trade, spy, expand your borders etc. And the +10%melee is particularly unoriginal.

The thing is there really isn't a way to win peacefully anymore unless you have an obscene amount of favors and good relations with everyone.
Supremacy requires military units to send back to earth and Brasilia might actually be the fastest with this if its based on units strength.
Harmony, Purity, and Contact require a military to defend the objectives related to their victory conditions and considering everyone is informed that you've begun to go for that ending expect at least a few armies coming after you.
It could even mean you don't need to focus on military as much as other civs as parts of your military will be inherently better than other factions counterparts.

Top Bottom