An update from Firaxis Games regarding Beyond Earth feedback

FXS_MisterKevin

Chieftain
Since we launched Civilization: Beyond Earth on the 24th, we've received reports that some of you are having technical issues with the game, in addition to some well thought out feedback on possible balance improvements. We thank you for your feedback and we want to let you know that the team is working on an update to address some of the issues people are experiencing in the game, as well as continuing to make improvements to gameplay and balance overall.

Here is a list of technical issues we are looking to address – (please know this list is not all inclusive and we will continue to track and research issues that are reported).

[ENGINE]
- Correcting screen resolution problems, particularly related to the 144hz refresh rate full-screen (or lack of full-screen) issue.
- Investigating a start-up problem where the game shuts down with an error immediately following the opening movie.
- Investigating crash issues submitted by users, and through Steam crash reporting.
- Adding an in-game option to disable depth of field effect for players that prefer the game without this.
[UI]
- Ongoing updates to in-game text, tool-tips, etc.
- Correcting an issue where actions could be missing from embarked workers (like repairing a pillaged water improvement)
- Adding "Completed" section to city production menu so players know what they just finished.
- Adding advanced touch controls, gesture support, pen support.
[ACHIEVEMENTS]
- Achievements not firing if Max Turns was set in previous games. Also investigating some other possible causes.
[MODDING]
- Fixing 2D leader fall-back image support for all graphics quality settings
[MULTIPLAYER]
- Investigating reports of potential multiplayer stability issues

There are also other bugs under investigation. If you’re working with 2K Support, and sending along savegames or dxdiag files, that information is coming directly to Firaxis as well and will help us out. We’ll provide additional details on bugfixes as we verify and correct them.

As you saw during the lead-up to launch, we continue to iterate on design through development (remember the station Adept Blue? It got nerfed a month before launch). As we have done in the past, we will continue to iterate and address issues after launch as well. Our players’ feedback on balance drives the design team’s goals for the game. We’ll have more information on the balance changes as the design team has a chance to evaluate and implement your feedback.

We’ll also let you know more about the timing of the upcoming patch as we assemble more information. Thanks for your patience and continuing dialog with us as we continue to support Beyond Earth.

-The Beyond Earth development team

UI, advanced touch controls, gesture support, pen support and screen resolution are the least of your problems with BE

EDIT: Forgot to say, thanks for the update, Firaxis.

If they were to talk about balance there would be multiple forums freakouts discussing possible changes which would bury actual discussions about current feedback.

Balance issues also have to be tested before the "fix" can be given and there's usually not one right solution (unlike fixing worker actions), so not much specific info can be given before the patch is ready (besides "we're looking at balance", which the OP said).

They should make trade route management clearer arranged. I'm still shocked that we seriously cannot sort trade routes by Energy or Science output.
I mean, aren't we already past this? We were able to do it in BNW as well.

*sigh*

Since we launched Civilization: Beyond Earth on the 24th, we've received reports that some of you are having technical issues with the game, in addition to some well thought out feedback on possible balance improvements. We thank you for your feedback and we want to let you know that the team is working on an update to address some of the issues people are experiencing in the game, as well as continuing to make improvements to gameplay and balance overall.

Here is a list of technical issues we are looking to address – (please know this list is not all inclusive and we will continue to track and research issues that are reported).

[ENGINE]
- Correcting screen resolution problems, particularly related to the 144hz refresh rate full-screen (or lack of full-screen) issue.
- Investigating a start-up problem where the game shuts down with an error immediately following the opening movie.
- Investigating crash issues submitted by users, and through Steam crash reporting.
- Adding an in-game option to disable depth of field effect for players that prefer the game without this.
[UI]
- Ongoing updates to in-game text, tool-tips, etc.
- Correcting an issue where actions could be missing from embarked workers (like repairing a pillaged water improvement)
- Adding "Completed" section to city production menu so players know what they just finished.
- Adding advanced touch controls, gesture support, pen support.
[ACHIEVEMENTS]
- Achievements not firing if Max Turns was set in previous games. Also investigating some other possible causes.
[MODDING]
- Fixing 2D leader fall-back image support for all graphics quality settings
[MULTIPLAYER]
- Investigating reports of potential multiplayer stability issues

There are also other bugs under investigation. If you’re working with 2K Support, and sending along savegames or dxdiag files, that information is coming directly to Firaxis as well and will help us out. We’ll provide additional details on bugfixes as we verify and correct them.

As you saw during the lead-up to launch, we continue to iterate on design through development (remember the station Adept Blue? It got nerfed a month before launch). As we have done in the past, we will continue to iterate and address issues after launch as well. Our players’ feedback on balance drives the design team’s goals for the game. We’ll have more information on the balance changes as the design team has a chance to evaluate and implement your feedback.

We’ll also let you know more about the timing of the upcoming patch as we assemble more information. Thanks for your patience and continuing dialog with us as we continue to support Beyond Earth.

-The Beyond Earth development team

Awesome! Looking forward to the patch. Congrats on a good game with the potential to become great!

It's good to hear the team at Firaxis is working on fixing some of the bugs and balance issues. At the very least it helps to end some of the more negative arguments put out by the naysayers.

I don't know if I speak for everybody but I would really prefer a quick patch soon (in a week or so) that fixes the easiest stuff on the list, and a more meaty patch just before Christmas rather than having to wait for all fixes until everything is perfect.

What do you guys prefer one complete patch that takes longer or a quick one now and a even more complete one later?

I don't know if I speak for everybody but I would really prefer a quick patch soon (in a week or so) that fixes the easiest stuff on the list, and a more meaty patch just before Christmas rather than having to wait for all fixes until everything is perfect.

What do you guys prefer one complete patch that takes longer or a quick one now and a even more complete one later?
I agree, but I also expect this is what is planned. Isn't that sort of typical?

Multiple patches cost more money, certainly not in the best interest of Firaxis. I expect 1 big "fall patch" around thanksgiving, right before they all go on holiday vacation.

Now all they need is a "No Advisor" button and also the "Reset Advisor" button in the game play options in the game.

I really do not think some people are looking at the game so far. (as far as what is on the Interface).

Oops, there is already that drop down list for the Advisor in the game. Going bonkers I guess with all the threads over on Steam.
Back to the game.

Just some Advisor screens did not have the "Thank You" button and only the "Show Me More" button, so I just "Esc" key out of it.

I agree, but I also expect this is what is planned. Isn't that sort of typical?
Yeah, that's what happened with the previous Civ releases - a quick patch after a week or so to fix the (mainly) technical issues since that's the stuff they only encounter "in the wild" and impacts actually getting the game to work - plus any trivial low-hanging fruits.

Then after a month or so, the first balance patch arrived, followed by a roughly quarterly meaty balance patch (ignoring small hotfix/technical patches sometimes dropping in in between).

Awesome!

UI improvements will be huge I think.
And as somebody mentioned before... Trade route sort by energy, production, etc...

And Demographics plz!

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk now Free

The problems with CivBE is the ridiculously outdated AI and a complete lack of Diplomacy options.

Top Bottom