HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 72 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Kaitzilla for the highest score of the update with a Large, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 862000 points.

Sgtpeppers was the most active player during this update, submitting 12 games.

Only 4 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
Kaitzilla - 240 BC, Large, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 862000 points
Seraiel - Jan 2050 AD, Large, Epic, Deity, Time game for 66857 points
Sgtpeppers - Jan 2050 AD, Small, Normal, Deity, Time game for 57788 points
WastinTime - 440 BC, Huge, Epic, Deity, Domination game for 523947 points
WastinTime - 1876 AD, Huge, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 33431 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 194 - Conquest, Warlord, Ancient, Tiny, Epic, Continents (check options)
1st shulec 3325 BC
2nd Mad2rix 3000 BC
3rd erikthecelt 2650 BC

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 195 - Cultural, Noble, Ancient, Small, Normal, Pangaea (check options)

A number of players gained number one positions:
Seraiel with a Jan 2050 AD, Large, Epic, Deity, Time game for 66857 points.
Sgtpeppers with a Jan 2050 AD, Small, Normal, Deity, Time game for 57788 points.
WastinTime with a 1876 AD, Huge, Quick, Deity, Domination game for 33431 points.
WastinTime with a 440 BC, Huge, Epic, Deity, Domination game for 523947 points.

kovacsflo with a 1966 AD, Huge, Quick, Immortal, Conquest game for 17181 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1870 AD, Tiny, Quick, Immortal, Space Colony game for 70719 points.
shulec with a 1685 AD, Standard, Normal, Immortal, Space Colony game for 197832 points.
The-Hawk with a 1821 AD, Small, Epic, Immortal, Space Race game for 73319 points.

Sgtpeppers with a 1210 AD, Tiny, Normal, Emperor, Diplomatic game for 30759 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1400 AD, Tiny, Epic, Emperor, Diplomatic game for 25055 points.
shulec with a 1828 AD, Small, Normal, Emperor, Space Colony game for 106532 points.

aitkensam with a 1330 AD, Standard, Normal, Prince, Cultural game for 44458 points.
dutchfire with a 1845 AD, Standard, Quick, Prince, Space Colony game for 37081 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1040 BC, Tiny, Normal, Prince, Religious game for 17200 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 520 BC, Tiny, Quick, Prince, Religious game for 21493 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1840 BC, Tiny, Marathon, Prince, Religious game for 18882 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1450 BC, Tiny, Epic, Prince, Religious game for 20694 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1460 AD, Tiny, Quick, Prince, Diplomatic game for 19861 points.

Sgtpeppers with a 850 BC, Tiny, Normal, Noble, Religious game for 16482 points.
Sgtpeppers with a 1210 AD, Tiny, Normal, Noble, Diplomatic game for 17317 points.
WastinTime with a 395 BC, Huge, Epic, Noble, Religious game for 16610 points.

Karl_t_great with a 1560 AD, Small, Normal, Chieftain, Space Race game for 38402 points.
WastinTime with a 320 AD, Huge, Quick, Chieftain, Religious game for 23085 points.

aitkensam with a 2310 BC, Large, Marathon, Settler, Religious game for 21452 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
WastinTime with a 440 BC, Huge, Epic, Deity, game for 523947 points.

Sgtpeppers has been busy!
72 games in one update ^^

nice ^^
Christmas holiday might have helped.

I still need an Apostolic palace game towards Quattromaster. I don't think I've ever won by the Palace, is there a good explanation with tips and tricks somewhere?

I still need an Apostolic palace game towards Quattromaster. I don't think I've ever won by the Palace, is there a good explanation with tips and tricks somewhere?

I need the same, so I'm very greatful for someone linking a guide.

Sgtpeppers has been busy!

Christmas holiday might have helped.

play against Hatty and Ramesses and run Organized Religion. They'll will love you.
Use the Oracle for Theology. Chop out the Palace.

It's amazing how fast a couple Huge, RagingBarb, Deity games will raise your QM score.
If only I could have finished the game I'm currently playing. I would have retaken the QM crown :king:. I didn't think I'd be only 0.6 points away this quickly.

I accidentally got a 100 pt score game I wasn't even trying for. I was just doing an Epic Conquest. Thx to Seraiel, and the latest gauntlet he pushed for, I'm addicted to conquest/dom on Huge/Raging maps like never before. My new love for vassals plays a big part in that too. For 10 years, I've shied away from these VC's and vassals in general.

This is what happens where there is a break in the SGotM schedule :)
The new SG has started, so kovacsflo should be able to hold on if he plays a game or two.

play against Hatty and Ramesses and run Organized Religion. They'll will love you.
Use the Oracle for Theology. Chop out the Palace.

I think what's missing, is, that one must switch to Christianity 1T before the AP get's build, and every AI must have at least 1 Christian city, is that right?

Does one switch to Christianity one turn before the AP-vote? I'm thinking no, because how would one have relations to the other AIs that are good enough then?

Tia.

I think what's missing, is, that one must switch to Christianity 1T before the AP get's build, and every AI must have at least 1 Christian city, is that right?

Does one switch to Christianity one turn before the AP-vote? I'm thinking no, because how would one have relations to the other AIs that are good enough then?

Tia.

You need to be in a religion the entire time to even build the AP. In many cases, you want to switch out of it once the AP is complete for diplo relations, but not necessarily. Depends on religion spread.

If you want to, you can switch back into the AP religion after the vote is called, but before you press enter to win the game. If you played well, you don't need this step, but it does double your votes. Warn1ing: be sure that by doubling your votes, you don't have too many votes The win is cancelled if you have enough to win all by yourself. The F8 screen will tell you exactly how many votes that is.

You need to be in a religion the entire time to even build the AP. In many cases, you want to switch out of it once the AP is complete for diplo relations, but not necessarily. Depends on religion spread.

If you want to, you can switch back into the AP religion after the vote is called, but before you press enter to win the game. If you played well, you don't need this step, but it does double your votes. Warn1ing: be sure that by doubling your votes, you don't have too many votes The win is cancelled if you have enough to win all by yourself. The F8 screen will tell you exactly how many votes that is.

I don't understand this. You change the religion on the turn of the vote, after the vote is through to double your votes, but why pressing enter to win the game first? If you press enter before switching, the votes don't get doubled, right? Otherwise, one could double the votes 1 turn after the vote was called, but that would be too late.

I don't understand this. You change the religion on the turn of the vote, after the vote is through to double your votes, but why pressing enter to win the game first? If you press enter before switching, the votes don't get doubled, right? Otherwise, one could double the votes 1 turn after the vote was called, but that would be too late.

I said switch before you press enter to win.

Seraiel with a Jan 2050 AD, Large, Epic, Deity, Time game for 66857 points.

You could play Raging Barbs on a game like this. Increases your QM score.
You won't see any barbs on an island map anyway (except boats.)

Of course it makes no difference for EQM score which is what I believe you're focusing on.

Nice game tho. I think it's the highest Large map time game ever.

You could play Raging Barbs on a game like this. Increases your QM score.
You won't see any barbs on an island map anyway (except boats.)

Of course it makes no difference for EQM score which is what I believe you're focusing on.

Nice game tho. I think it's the highest Large map time game ever.

Thx for noticing. I actually worked a lot, to get the maximum number of cities on that map. I even gifted away a completely developed 8 city island to an AI, because it would allow me an additional 25 cities on some 1-tile islands and south / northpole.

I think the game never had a chance though to come close to your 90k game. Having played it, I think Arid and low sea-level trumps tropical and high sealevel.
Also should have taken "requires complete kills" , then I wouldn't have been left with 3 farly developed AIs which I had to sabotage for 300 turns every turn .

Thinking about also playing a time game with Zulu's, probably on Standard / Normal if you don't mind.

Thinking about also playing a time game with Zulu's, probably on Standard / Normal if you don't mind.

All those games with less than 10,000 score were a joke. I was just pressing enter because back then our goal was just to get all empty slots filled. I won't be upset if you knock out another with something respectable.

It's amazing how fast a couple Huge, RagingBarb, Deity games will raise your QM score.
If only I could have finished the game I'm currently playing. I would have retaken the QM crown :king:. I didn't think I'd be only 0.6 points away this quickly.

Khmm, the advantage decreased to 0.6 points partly due to the score you have taken away from me...

I decided that I will retake the quick/huge/dom slot with ideal settings, which is darius on mini pangea map on classical era.

Khmm, the advantage decreased to 0.6 points partly due to the score you have taken away from me...

I decided that I will retake the quick/huge/dom slot with ideal settings, which is darius on mini pangea map on classical era.

Maybe then, even you will have to play a game that involves a lot of micro and will last for more than your usual 10 hours :)

You're right. It was the reduction of your score that took my by surprise. I knew about how much my score was going to go up.

RE: retake quick slot:
Aw, come on, you had that slot for years with an Industrial age game I think. Can't you let me have it for a few months? :p

Maybe then, even you will have to play a game that involves a lot of micro and will last for more than your usual 10 hours :)

Probably not... When you are playing a conquest/dom game, the first one third of the turns which really determines how much turns you will need. Like if you have a lot of victorious soldiers but they go on strike due to your weak economy, then you better start a new game. If you focus on economy too much, you can have modern units earlier, but in smaller numbers. If you find the balance, you still can have bad luck when attacking your first opponent :)

Obviously, you still can save some few turns by making the best decisions on what to produce in the end game, but whatever units you then build, they might not even get a chance to go to war at all...

You're right. It was the reduction of your score that took my by surprise. I knew about how much my score was going to go up.

RE: retake quick slot:
Aw, come on, you had that slot for years with an Industrial age game I think. Can't you let me have it for a few months? :p

I can, but only if you garantee that you are not threatening my crown for some more months :)

I can, but only if you garantee that you are not threatening my crown for some more months :)

I'm just trying to get 2 conquest and 2 domination at 90+ points for my score. So I might get another, smaller score jump next update (unless you reverse some of my work :mad: and my score goes down). I can't guarantee that it won't push me into first place, but I'm not necessarily trying for that.

Top Bottom