AI AutoPlay 8 - Deity - Pick the Winning Leader!

Kjotleik

Kjotleik
AI AutoPlay 8 - Deity - Pick the Winning Leader!

Welcome back to the eighth game of the AI AutoPlay Deity - Pick the Winning Leader! competition.​

A new year - a new opportunity to get your predictions right!

After this game is done, we've reached the halfway point in this competition. These are the last thirteen leaders that are given a second chance to win. From next round, it will be the third time the leaders are put to the test... :D

Now, tell me, will the winner emerge from the Western or Eastern continent? Or will Victoria make good on her name, coming from early isolation to win? Who will it be? How will it be done? Tell me, tell me... and earn a place among the seers ;)

Western Continent:
Cyrus, Frederick, Gandhi, Gilgamesh, Huayna Capac & Stalin (6)

Eastern Continent:
Mao Zedong, Napoleon, Qin Shi Huang, Saladin, Shaka & Suryavarman II (6)

North Island:
Victoria (1)

Congratulations to the winner, and only participant to chose Huayna Capac!

:trophy: dutchfire :trophy:

Spoiler Honourable Mentions :

B
Only two participants went for eliminated leaders this time:
1 - Zacar 36.67
2 - Zhary 33.33

C1
No one had Qin Shi Huang getting a Great Spy as first Great Person.

C2
No one had Qin Shi Huang getting The Great Wall as the first World Wonder.
Zhary had The Great Wall, though.

C3
No one had Huayna Capac DoW Gandhi as the first war.
All had in fact Shaka on Qin (which only was the fourth (!) DoW of the game).

C4
No one had either of Huayna Capac (Buddhism), Shaka (Hinduism) or Victoria (Judaism).

C5
No one has Suryavarman II at AD 820 for circumnavigation.

C6
No one had Mao Zedong, AD 970, as first to Liberalims.

C7
No one had Qin Shi Huang, with Great Spy, as first Golden Age.
But at least Zhary mentioned it was a Great Person that started it.

Hm. I'll look into changing the format of the C-part of the competition. These were not good results!

How did these leaders do in Round One?

Spoiler Round One Results :

(leader (game#) place)

Pot Ad
Frederick (4) Eliminated
Napoleon (4) WINNER
Gandhi (4) Eliminated
Saladin (4) 7th
Huayna Capac (4) 2nd

Pot Bb
Stalin (2) Eliminated
Shaka (2) 5th
Victoria (2) Eliminated
Gilgamesh (2) 6th

Pot Ca
Qin Shi Huang (1) Eliminated
Suryavarman II (1) 4th
Cyrus (1) 7th
Mao Zedong (1) 2nd

Spoiler THE COMPETITION :

A - Used to determine competition winner(s)!
Name the winning leader! [A1]
(the victory condition [A2] and winning date [A3] optional, but highly recommended!)

Competition winner(s) will be declared after considering A1, A2 and A3, respectively.

# if two participants have the correct leader, but only the second one has chosen condition and/or date, the latter will be declared competition winner (with the former 2nd placed).

*Winning date can be a period. But of course; the narrower the period, the better the reputation of the ones to get it right!

PS!
You are NOT allowed to chose more than ONE leader. But you can of course comment on your own choice by mentioning other possible scenarios and winning leaders, as long as you make it clear whom your final choice IS! Posters choosing more than one leader, will be disqualified!

B - Civ IV Expert credits given here...
Name the useless! [Bn] (date(s) of elimination optional)
(those leaders who get themselves eliminated - if any (I won't tell just yet!))

C - Just for fun (you need luck here...)
Who...
...gets the first Great Person [C1] (date and type optional)
...builds the first World Wonder [C2] (date and wonder optional)
...makes the first Declaration of War [C3] (date and defender optional)
...founds the early religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism) [C4a-c] (dates optional)
...proves the world is round [C5] (date optional)
...wins the race towards Liberalism [C6] (date optional)
...enters the first Golden Age [C7] (date and method [Taj or GP] optional)

*of course, if the game ends before some of these things happen, and you say so, you will be credited under "honourable mentions"! But it is more likely that all of these will happen before a Victory Condition is reached.

IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND and want to change your choices, you are allowed to do so before the deadline passes. But you MUST edit your first post. After the competition deadline has arrived, the posts will be examined in chronological order. If multiple posts exists, by the same user, only the FIRST post containing A1 (optionally A2 and A3) will be allowed to enter the competition.
Posts NOT containing A1, will be disqualified from the competition.

This post: Sunday, January 11th 2015.
Deadline: Saturday, January 17th 2015, 18:00 (Norwegian Time).
Winners revealed: Saturday/Sunday January 17th/18th 2015.

Spoiler Settings :

13 AI's (Stalin + 12)
Stalin was given the Deity starting technologies, and the Deity starting units before I turned control over to the AI for the duration of the game...

Mod: Better BUG AI

Difficulty level: DEITY

MAP = Fractal
SIZE = Large
CLIMATE = Temperate
SEALEVEL = Medium
ERA = Ancient
SPEED = Epic
WORLD WRAP = Cylindrical
RESOURCES = Standard

Victory Conditions set = ALL of them!
Options set:
-City Flipping after Conquest
-Require Complete Kills
-No Vassal States
-No Tribal Villages
-No Random Events

Spoiler Starting Positions :

Spoiler Overview :

Spoiler Map with Names :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Map without Names :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Details :

Spoiler Cyrus :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Frederick :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Gandhi :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Gilgamesh :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Huayna Capac :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Mao Zedong :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Napoleon :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Qin Shi Huang :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Saladin :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Shaka :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Stalin :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Suryavarman II :

[/URL][/IMG]

Spoiler Victoria :

[/URL][/IMG]

EDIT: WorldBuilder Starting Save file at MediaFire now updated with Game Eight!
AI AutoPlay WorldBuilder Starting Saves

Happy New Year! - :D - and good luck finding the correct winner here!

Yours Sincerely
Kjotleik of Norway :)

AI AutoPlay League of Leaders 8

A World's History
- the brief version -
(World #8)

Part One - The Peace that Made the Nations (4000 BC to 2000 BC)

Spoiler Part One :

Stalin was the last leader to settle his 2nd city, at 3750 BC. Huayna Capac founded Buddhism in Tiwanaku at 3700 BC, and converted the following turn. At 3500 BC Frederick became the first leader to adopt Slavery. Shaka (!) founded Hinduism in uMgungundlovu at 3375 BC, and he converted the following turn.

The first leader to found his third city was Qin Shi Huang. He founded Xian in 3325 BC. The last leader to found his third city was Napoleon at 2300 BC. Stalin founded his third city, Novgorod, in 2800 BC. It was razed by the barbarians in 2750 BC. Way to go, Stalin!

Spoiler Novgorod :
[/URL][/IMG]

Qin Shi Huang erected The Great Wall around Beijing in 2875 BC, which became the first Wonder of the World. Napoleon completed Stonehenge at Paris in 2800 BC, and Huayna Capac built The Oracle at Cuzco in 2225 BC.

Qin Shi Huang became the first leader to convert to a foreign creed as he accepted Hinduism as his state religion in 2600 BC. Judaism was founded by Victoria in York, 2500 BC. She converted the following turn.

In 2425 BC Victoria became the first leader to adopt Organized Religion. In fact, during the course of history Victoria was the first to adopt seven (!) civics:

1 - Organized Religion - 2425 BC
2 - Hereditary Rule - 1775 BC
3 - Bureaucracy - 575 BC
4 - Mercantilism - AD 295
5 - Nationhood - AD 685
6 - Emancipation - AD 1255
7 - Environmentalism - AD 1702

Saladin founded Kufah in 2375 BC. More on this in the next chapter...

Qin Shi Huang completed The Pyramids in Beijing, 2150 BC. He adopted Representation in 2125 BC as a result.

Huayna Capac made the world's first declaration of war when he declared on Gandhi in 2050 BC. Vijayanagara was razed the following turn. And thus ends two millennia of peace...

Part Two - The Wars that Made the World (2000 BC - AD 1655)

Spoiler Part Two :

After Huayna Capac's declaration of war on Gandhi in 2050 BC, there was never to be a declaration of peace between them. The war officially ended with the destruction of the Indian Empire in AD 890. Two thousand nine hundred and forty years after the war-declaration. The longest, but not by a long-shot the bloodiest, war in the history of this world.

In 1850 BC Napoleon declared on Saladin. This led to a succession of wars between France and Arabia. Here's the list:

1850 BC - Napoleon DoW Saladin - Saladin made peace 1050 BC
750 BC - Saladin DoW Napoleon - Napoleon made peace 305 BC
155 BC - Napoleon DoW Saladin - Saladin made peace AD 1858

And what happened to Kufah during these times of war, you ask?

Spoiler Kufah :
[/URL][/IMG]

In 1150 BC Assyrian, a barbarian city, revolted and joined Qin Shi Huang's China. The first of many revolts in this game. Especially Huayna Capac noticed this. He had two mid-game wars with Gilgamesh to capture six Sumerian cities. Most of which re-joined Sumer after revolts. In the 18th century Huayna Capac had to re-take them in order to wipe out Sumer from the world. It seems the AI's don't really cope well with "City Flipping after Conquest" being on...

Nathan Hale (Great Spy) was born in Beijing, 1550 BC. He gave Qin Shi Huang the first Golden Age of the world in 1525 BC.

War & peace, wonders, great people, cities settled, religions founded & converted into, civics adopted. In short, things happened in the world from now on. Too much to write about in a brief historical note as this one.

I will shortly mention that Qin Shi Huang completed The Apostolic Palace at Hangzhou in 140 BC while under Hinduism.

Part Three - The Space Race (AD 1655 - AD 1882)

Spoiler Part Three :

Suryavarman II completed Apollo Program in 1655. But he never built a Space Ship part after that. A wasted opportunity for the Khmer Empire, I must say. Mao Zedong was the second leader to reach Apollo Program in 1722. But Mao only finished the SS Docking Bay (1820).

The three leaders that were in fact competing in the race towards Alpha Centauri were Huayna Capac, Victoria and Qin Shi Huang. They completed their Apollo Programs in 1738, 1788 and 1812, respectively.

Saladin (1798) also finished Apollo, but never built one single Space Ship part.

Huayna Capac finished SS Stasis Chamber in 1867, and launced for an 1882 Space Race Victory! Qin Shi Huang's last part was also SS Stasis Chamber in 1874. Victoria ended her race with a SS Life Support module in 1878.

Victoria couldn't launch due to a missing SS Stasis Chamber. Qin was further away from launch as he had no SS Cockpit, SS Engine, SS Docking Bay or SS Casings. Docking Bay was in production, though.

The race was won due to the fact that Inca had more good production cities in which to build parts. Huayna Capac built his Space Ship in Cuzco, Corihuayrachina, Berlin, Moscow, Tiwanaku, Ollantaytambo, Delhi, Vilcas, Machu Picchu and Frankfurt. Victoria only built her parts in London, Canterbury and York, while Qin Shi Huang used Beijing, Guangzhou and Nobamba for his project.

The Space Elevator at Delhi (1844) also contributed towards the finish date for Huayna Capac's Space Race.

Suryavarman II was closes to a cultural victory, as he had both Yasodharapura and Angkor Wat at legendary by 1880. However, Hariharalaya was twenty-one turns away from reaching legendary. He was at war with Huayna Capac, who had just landed an army of Modern Armors, Paratroopers and Mechanized Infantries at the coast near Nagara Jayasri, only seven tiles east of Hariharalaya. The Incan Empire would've taken the city before it could reach legendary!

Diplomatic victory via The United Nations was out of the question, as well. Huayna Capac would've voted for himself, getting 780 of 942 required votes. After extensive war-mongering in the west, he would've had to take out Suryavarman II and one of either Mao Zedong, Qin Shi Huang or Victoria (at least) to get enough votes. But by that time he probably would've won a Domination Victory instead. No Vassals on in this game, so no gifting of cities back to capitulated leaders to stay below the domination threshold.

Spoiler Final Map AD 1882 :
[/URL][/IMG]

Yours Sincerely

Huayna wins, spaceship 1852 AD

A - Victoria wins, cultural 1860 AD

B - Qin Shi Huang, Cyrus, Gandhi, Huayna Capac, Napoleon get Eliminated

C -

Gandhi gets the first Great Person
Stalin builds the first World Wonder
Shaka makes the first Declaration of War against Qin Shi Huang
Gandhi founds Hinduism
Victoria proves the world is round
Victoria wins the race towards Liberalism

Vicky is interesting because she's not isolated actually. Should meet AIs fairly quick as AIs are wont to send out WB scouts and she will get trade routes. I'm still leer of her because she's not a terribly good AI.

Not a real stand out here. I want to pick Cyrus, but I'm not crazy about his land.

Gandhi - Culture 1865AD (but he will probably die)

First wonder - Capac (Stonehenge)

Lib - Vicky

First GP >Freddy

A
Saladin Space 1890

B
Qin 800
Nappy 1760
Mao 1800
Sury 1850
Gandi 1650
Frederick 1700

C
1 Gandi GProphet
2 Nappy GWall
3 Shaka on Qin 1000 BC
a Gandi Hindu
b Sal Buddism
c Sury Judaism
5 Gandi
6 Cyrus
7 Nappy Great Person

Western continent may techtrade most and my bet is on Cyrus for space 1830. He might take over HC wonders and grow very strong. Eastern continent will be torn by wars. Vicky a dark horse if Gilgy give open borders to her, but she seldom impress in my games so no to her.

w00t. Huayna really won it all. Stalin losing his third city to barbs must have helped.

At least I got right continent but HC was last choice in my book. In my games he usually is too busy building wonders ( for other to capture). Perhaps no access too sea initially actually helped him to build units instead. Or perhaps annoyed on Gandhi for getting them first. And the ball start rolling for him. Rather disappointed about Cyrus, Stalin and the rest of the bunch on that continent. What did they do?

At least I got right continent but HC was last choice in my book. In my games he usually is too busy building wonders ( for other to capture). Perhaps no access too sea initially actually helped him to build units instead. Or perhaps annoyed on Gandhi for getting them first. And the ball start rolling for him. Rather disappointed about Cyrus, Stalin and the rest of the bunch on that continent. What did they do?

Sorry for the delay in answering this. I've been a bit busy as of late...

If you have a little more (about a week's worth) patience, I'll see if I can record the "World History" that follows upon completion of the game, and post the video on YouTube. I just need to make the video "watchable" before uploading it. But as I said, I've got no time to do it until next weekend...

Yours Sincerely

Sorry for the delay in answering this. I've been a bit busy as of late...

If you have a little more (about a week's worth) patience, I'll see if I can record the "World History" that follows upon completion of the game, and post the video on YouTube. I just need to make the video "watchable" before uploading it. But as I said, I've got no time to do it until next weekend...

Yours Sincerely

If you need help (regarding which programs are easy to use) write me a PM :) .

Top Bottom