What I wanted in BE and didn't get

Or how about a global "You all lose scenario" that can be triggered when everyone is competing hard to win. eg: Great Mistake 2.0 Has Occurred while you blindly tried to meet your victory conditions, nice work team.
That is a fantastic idea and you should open up a new thread in the ideas/suggestions forum right effing now so we can go champion this idea and brainstorm ways that competing interests can ruin the planet.
Great Mistake 2 FTW! *In this case FTW is F*** The World, not For The Win.

The 1st response was a summary of what I shouldn't have needed to say. The only way to miss these things would have been to never have played the game.

Minor Annoyance is correct in my meaning.
The sum of the parts are shallow and detached completely from anything but rudimentary gameplay elements.

Considering the launch demo and gameplay demo, I expected more gameplay mechanics on these sort of things.

Purity -> Terraforming the new planet into Earth 2.0
Harmony -> Geo engineering the planet into its perfect form.
Supremacy -> Outgrowing the effects of harmful choices that lead up to the inflection point on earth.

Now make them interact in a hypthetical example.
-The Purity player ringed his outlying city with terrascapes and keeps a misama repulsor on them at all times. Why? Because it killed off the local wildlife development tiles of the harmony players nearest city, and now he is anxious to spray those terrascapes with miasma to neutralize them.
-Meanwhile the Harmony player has been disrupting faction trade and pillaging development when he can get away with it using that friendly nest of aliens under his control.
-Hmmm now this is interesting, the Supremacy player is no longer interested in buying extra carbon credits for the pollution he is creating, because he has outgrown some of the penalty from the global pollution penalty on health. Guess we better start sabotaging his buildings that are creating pollution that is slowing the rest of us down.

See... that sort of thing is more interesting than. "I need to make a tile of type X to further the optimal spreadsheet calculation."

In short, the way you interact with the planet, at least once you start getting close to L13, should affect every othe player, not only you.

That is a fantastic idea and you should open up a new thread in the ideas/suggestions forum right effing now so we can go champion this idea and brainstorm ways that competing interests can ruin the planet.
Great Mistake 2 FTW! *In this case FTW is F*** The World, not For The Win.

I created this post here, anyone interesting in exploring this idea plz come and share your thoughts.

Top Bottom