Hiram's Civ Icons

Hiram

XML Plebian
Here are a few civ icons I've made with Sukritact's template which I'd like to share with the community for anyone to use.

Ghana Empire, Gokturks and Himyarite Kingdom

Khitan Empire, Khoi Khoi and Makuria

Metis, Noongar and Paiute

Slovakia, Slovenia, Trapezunite Empire

Yemen, Yolgnu and Bornu Empire

The images required to create alpha icons for all of the above can be downloaded here

Very nice looking!

I'm noticing a lot of B's. Would I be correct in assuming that post on r/Civ detailing modern countries with no modded civs served as inspiration for these? Either way, they all look pretty fantastic.

Wow all of these look amazing! Any chance I can have the alpha for Botswana?

I've just re-acquired Photoshop and I'm on a bit of an icon making frenzy, going off alphabetical lists, haha.

Here's a few more:

Cape Verde, Eritrea, Jordan​

Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Yenisei Kyrgyz​

Dacia, Lebanon, Sotho

Maldives, Solomon Islands, Pontus​

Spoiler :
Pontus (Mithridates VI)
Start Bias: Coastal
Capital: Amaseia
UA: Eupator Dionysus
Generate +20% Culture in the Capital for each Major Civilization with whom you are at war. Generate +0.5 Influence per turn with any City-State with whom you have a Trade Route for each foreign Capital you control.
UU: Takabara (replaces Swordsman)
Does not require Iron. Slightly stronger than the Swordsman it replaces (16 vs. 14), the Takabara starts with Charge and a unique promotion, "Sagaris", that grants a +33% Combat Bonus on the first turn they enter combat with an enemy Unit. Double Movement on Hills.
UB: Heroon (replaces Monument)
+2 Culture. +1 additional Culture and Faith for every City-State whom you are sending a Trade Route.

Design by Scapegrace

@Howard Tafty, alpha for Botswana:

Those are all fantastic. But man is that Jordan icon beautiful!

Also the Palmyrene Empire icon is stunning as well.

Great job on the icons, it'd be awesome to see some of these picked up and made into civs. We can but hope, I'm particularly fond of the Moche icon and colour scheme - something about it is just really compelling!

Fantastic work!

Thanks!

From now on I'll be adding links or quoting civ designs I like to accompany these.

Zambia, Dahomey, The Jurchen​

Spoiler :
Dahomey (Agaja) - By Scapegrace
Start Bias: Plains
Capital: Abomey
UA: Xwetanu
Capturing an enemy Capital and advancing to a new Era trigger a We Love The King Day in the Capital. Certain Military Technologies* grant a +25% Combat Bonus for 10 turns after they are researched and make Upgrading Military Units 5% cheaper.
UU: Mino (replaces Pikeman)
The Mino is rather different to the Pikeman it replaces, having a +33% Combat Bonus against Gun Units and the ability to generate Science per kill. Additionally, it is a Gun Unit itself, and starts with both Mobility and the unique promotion "Dahomey Amazons", which allows it to generate a flat amount of Science when Pillaging a tile with a Resource. However, it only has a +25% Combat Bonus against Mounted Units. Upgrades to Musketman.
UB: Akuehue (replaces Barracks)
Not only does the Akuehue not cost any Maintenance, unlike the Barracks it replaces, it actually generates +2 Gold per turn for each Science building in the City in which it is built. Generates an amount of Science upon the construction of a Military Unit equal to twice said unit's Combat Strength.

*The list of technologies:-
Iron Working
Civil Service
Steel
Gunpowder
Chemistry
Metallurgy
Rifling
Military Science
Replaceable Parts
Plastics
Combined Arms
Mobile Tactics

Grand Duchy of Finland, Holstein, Pomerania​

Hannover, Grand Principality of Serbia, Victoria​

Colchis, Oxus, Kushan Empire, Galatia​

Could I request the Alpha for Pontus since I started work on it?

(I'll probably adopt the UU and the UA is similar to what I had planned)

Super nice! Thanks Hiram, that's quality work!

Top Bottom