HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 30 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to A_Turkish_Guy for the highest score of the update with a Huge, Marathon, Monarch, Domination game for 3627485 points.

aitkensam was the most active player during this update, submitting 5 games.

smitsk00 was the most active player during this update, submitting 5 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
Seraiel - Jan 2050 AD, Large, Normal, Deity, Time game for 79692 points
Thlypsis - 1655 AD, Standard, Epic, Deity, Diplomatic game for 40179 points

** Gauntlets in-progress thru Mar 10, 2015 **
G-Major 135 - Space Colony, Prince, Ancient, Large, Epic, Great Plains, Carthage
G-Minor 196 - Diplomatic, Monarch, Ancient, Tiny, Quick, Hemispheres, (check options)

A number of players gained number one positions:
Seraiel with a Jan 2050 AD, Large, Normal, Deity, Time game for 79692 points.

Pangaea with a 1410 AD, Large, Normal, Immortal, Conquest game for 214919 points.
WastinTime with a 1785 AD, Huge, Quick, Immortal, Domination game for 35867 points.

aitkensam with a 550 BC, Standard, Normal, Prince, Religious game for 23263 points.

aitkensam with a 1280 BC, Standard, Normal, Noble, Conquest game for 67532 points.
shulec with a 40 AD, Standard, Quick, Noble, Religious game for 51638 points.

aitkensam with a 1140 AD, Standard, Normal, Warlord, Cultural game for 62406 points.
smitsk00 with a 1560 AD, Tiny, Normal, Warlord, Cultural game for 26237 points.

aitkensam with a 1150 AD, Standard, Normal, Chieftain, Cultural game for 46835 points.
NobleZarkon with a Jan 2050 AD, Tiny, Epic, Chieftain, Time game for 19980 points.
smitsk00 with a 1520 AD, Duel, Normal, Chieftain, Cultural game for 24000 points.
smitsk00 with a 1440 AD, Tiny, Normal, Chieftain, Cultural game for 29027 points.
smitsk00 with a 1390 AD, Large, Normal, Chieftain, Cultural game for 30967 points.

aitkensam with a 2440 BC, Standard, Normal, Settler, Conquest game for 13719 points.
NobleZarkon with a Jan 2050 AD, Tiny, Epic, Settler, Time game for 12421 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
A_Turkish_Guy with a 1220 AD, Huge, Marathon, Monarch, game for 3627485 points.

Mad2rix with a 1015 AD, Huge, Marathon, Warlord, game for 1021210 points.

Mad2rix with a 1090 AD, Small, Marathon, Prince, game for 678474 points.

Congrats to all and especially congrats to Pangaea for your first HoF game! About time you joined! :salute:

That your first HoF slot?? If so many many congratulations!

Congrats to all and especially congrats to Pangaea for your first HoF game! About time you joined! :salute:

Thank you :) It was indeed my first submitted game, and first slot, so it was great to see my name in there, however long it lasts. A lot of dates look near impossible to beat, but that one was easy even for me.

No game from kovacsflo. Doesn't he want to reclaim the QM-throne?

@ Noble: 4 games to go!

Since the last update I allocated most of my time to my crustacean artworks. These are basicly installations made of lobster and crab shells, they look like little lobstermen. It makes more sense to spend my time on them than to keep on submitting games over and over again.

Since the last update I allocated most of my time to my crustacean artworks. These are basicly installations made of lobster and crab shells, they look like little lobstermen. It makes more sense to spend my time on them than to keep on submitting games over and over again.

Does that mean you're not playing CIV anymore? In the last update, I especially took none of your slots to give you a chance to gain QM back, if you don't play CIV anymore anyhow, I'd specifically attack your slots over the following updates, as taking from someone who's not active steers less attention / hate on me :) .

WastinTime would surely also like to know, because I think he's also holding back.

Does that mean you're not playing CIV anymore? In the last update, I especially took none of your slots to give you a chance to gain QM back, if you don't play CIV anymore anyhow, I'd specifically attack your slots over the following updates, as taking from someone who's not active steers less attention / hate on me :) .

WastinTime would surely also like to know, because I think he's also holding back.

The fact that I haven't submitted any game since the last update doesn't mean that I am not playing CIV4 anymore at all :) I will just try to spend less time on this game.

On the other hand though, at the moment I do not feel too much motivation to make more and more efforts to get back my throne. Wastintime has like 2 times more submissions than me, and the thing is that the QM throne is more the question of time taken on CIV4 than actual skills.

I only submitted one game and I'll likely do just one next update. Then I'm planning to move on as well unless I continue to do the lower-difficulty Inferno stuff just to kill time. So the throne will remain temptingly close and kovacsflo will eventually get it back. I hope so anyway. It's been fun having someone to compete with.

Damnit. Had a good game going, and was going to break the game I submitted earlier, by quite a bit. Then Sury founds a city on the last turn, when I was going to raze the last city, and that idiocy put me over the domination limit. Would have been a 1240AD conquest win otherwise :(

Damnit. Had a good game going, and was going to break the game I submitted earlier, by quite a bit. Then Sury founds a city on the last turn, when I was going to raze the last city, and that idiocy put me over the domination limit. Would have been a 1240AD conquest win otherwise :(

Out of interest, why run such a fine line with Dom when going for Conq win? You could surely just liberate a bunch of cities and still win the game on basically the same turn? Or is it because you want to push Score up?

No, had nothing to do with score. I gave away all I could, even the Mids city towards the end, but I couldn't give away more, which is what ultimately messed it up, in addition to Sury founding that city on the same turn I was going to raze the last city. Should probably have started razing before. After submitting I reloaded the game to see if there was anything I could have done differently in the last turn, but there simply isn't. Capping Stalin brought it over as expected, and I can't get to his last city that turn anyway, and of course with Sury being a vassal I can't declare on him to get rid of that pesky settler either. Should probably have razed all Sury's cities instead. Hopefully I learn from this and don't step into the same trap if I try a game like this again.

1230AD is probably my fastest ever win, though, so there is that. Won't be number 1 in the domination category, but at least it was a good date. Competing directly with Seraiel, Sun Tzu Wu, WastinTime and the like just isn't doable.

Top Bottom