Winter 2015 Update now live!

Have the quests been fixed? I had heard that quests were bugged in a way that meant most of them would never trigger, and have not played the game very much because of that. (That was a while ago so it may well have been fixed before this patch) Wonder changes sound nice, most of the wonders were a little boring. Maybe its time to start playing this game again :p?

41MB? I don't think it's the one.
EDIT: Oh, my bad, I guess this is it. Fairly small though...

Is there something wrong with my game, or do others also have the problem that "additional trade routes from population" don't work properly?
Have grown a city to size 16 -> nothing. Used ingame editor to boost a city to size 50 -> still nothing.

/edit: After verifying my game files it does work now.

Is there something wrong with my game, or do others also have the problem that "additional trade routes from population" don't work properly?
Have grown a city to size 16 -> nothing. Used ingame editor to boost a city to size 50 -> still nothing.

Uh oh this is concerning. If it is truly broken, I hope they are able to fix it within the next couple of days.

Alright, I verified my game files and additional trade routes do work now.

Additional Trade Routes start unlocking on 10 Pop and then every 12 (22, 34, etc.) pop afterwards.

I just signed up for a my2K account. When I logged in within BE, I could not find the new map. Is there any way to encourage it to install?

Don't worry, it works.

There must be a check at the beginning of the turn which enables the additional trade route (which makes sense when dealing with population growth).

Just continue to the next turn and it'll work.

Seems like trade route slots are unlocked at:

Trade Depot: 1
10 pop: 2
22 pop: 3
34 pop: 4
48 pop: 5
etc.

Does this change Polystralia's advantage of starting with +2 trade routes? i.e. does it make it stronger? No change?

Don't worry, it works.

There must be a check at the beginning of the turn which enables the additional trade route (which makes sense when dealing with population growth).

Just continue to the next turn and it'll work.

Seems like trade route slots are unlocked at:

Trade Depot: 1
10 pop: 2
22 pop: 3
34 pop: 4
48 pop: 5
etc.
Yes, I actually did that, however, it still didn't work. The tooltip also didn't show these numbers - now they do. Either my game didn't update properly or the UI-DLC that I use overwrote some of the changes made in the patch.

But fortunately it works now. :)

Steam should automatically grab it, but if that's not the case, try restarting your Steam client.

Full list of changes here: http://www.civilization.com/en/news/2015-02-information-on-the-civilization-beyond-earth-winter-2015-update/

Thanks for the info about the patch!
Could we get some more info about these "misc" fixes, though?
*pretty please* :mischief:

Also: So that basicially means we are stuck with 1 TR throughout most of the early and mid game.
So Polystralia should be much stronger (maybe even better than AU now?).

I just signed up for a my2K account. When I logged in within BE, I could not find the new map. Is there any way to encourage it to install?

It's there. Glacial planet under advanced planet maps. If you still cannot see it, verify cache.

It's there. Glacial planet under advanced planet maps. If you still cannot see it, verify cache.

That didn't work. I did find it in my local files, though. It's called "Ice_Age" there. It's not showing up in game, however.

That didn't work. I did find it in my local files, though. It's called "Ice_Age" there. It's not showing up in game, however.

Since you do find it in the local files, it should be there.
Spoiler :

Top Bottom