ModCast Episode 56: "What Is That Supposed to Imply"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Choice words. The fifty-sixth episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "What Is That Supposed to Imply" with a runtime of 55m55s, features regular co-hosts Rob "Rob (R8XFT)" Riley, Jett "TPangolin", Jan "Janboruta" Boruta, Scott "AlphaShard" Dirk and first-time guest co-host Sukrit "Sukritact" Tanticharoenkiat.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m54s | Modding Spotlight (Part 1 of 2)
From getting into Civilization V modding, present projects including the venerable "Events and Decisions" work and a look ahead into the near future, all about "Sukritact" from the man himself. In order of discussion, other efforts of his raised are the civilizations of Tibet, Tuscany, Sami, Gaul, Chinkook, Khmer and Burmese.
- 22m23s | Miscellaneous
The panel tackles the ever present choice in civilization design: lead with research to place unique abilities or lead with unique abilities that is supported by research.
- 28m59s | Artist's Sketchpad
Examining two of the first fully modded 3D CivV leaderheads, Adolf Hitler for "The Empire of Germany" by "JFD" and Sir Henry Parkes for Australia by "TPangolin" as part of the 'Colonist Legacies' series; then, a general overview on what these works mark for the community (32m15s).
- 34m27s | Modding Spotlight (Part 2 of 2)
On a substantial update for the "Anno Domini mod by "Rob (R8XFT)" coming about and toward what is still to come.

ModCast is the first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; fellow sibling RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, SCivCast on Civ social gaming and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Again a great episode! Thanks a lot, guys!

As I hated listening to any podcast at all while driving car (the only time I would have the chance to do so), I started some months ago when switching to public bus transportation.

Out of curiosity, I then downloaded every episode since #40.

As I hated listening to any podcast at all while driving car (the only time I would have the chance to do so), I started some months ago when switching to public bus transportation.

Out of curiosity, I then downloaded every episode since #40.
Glad the show is helping pass the time during your morning commute :), and enough so to go back that far into its archives already.

Top Bottom