Civ V Expansion ideas

historix69

Emperor
I think Civ V BNW is still "unfinished business" ... there is still room for another expansion adding more content and features, fixing bugs, adjusting game rules and game mechanics. Advancing to Civ VI would look like an escape unless they add some really great new features (like a true hex-globe which will likely require a new engine) ...

Things that I would support in a 3rd addon include :
- support of bigger maps
- support of more (AI-)players up to maybe 100 civs/cs
- a world map scenario (map ca 180 x 360 tiles)
- more civs, custom civs
- more leaders, custom leaders
- more civ-traits to choose from
- improved diplomacy (especially in respect to large number of civs, early wars, ...)
- improved system of cultural influence on tiles
- improved AI
- improved happiness system
- expanded trade feature to distribute luxuries (happiness), ressources, culture between cities and nations with trade routes
- full moddability

I think Civ V BNW is still "unfinished business" ... there is still room for another expansion adding more content and features, fixing bugs, adjusting game rules and game mechanics. Advancing to Civ VI would look like an escape unless they add some really great new features (like a true hex-globe which will likely require a new engine) ...  
Things that I would support in a 3rd addon include :

- support of bigger maps
- support of more (AI-)players up to maybe 100 civs/cs
- a world map scenario (map ca 180 x 360 tiles)

I believe optimization is what you want. There are 43 civs game on very large map in reddit and I believe it take several minutes per turn. Although I can't help wonder if such a gigantic map is necessary unless Civ want to have map size race vs GalCiv3 it's not like any small team can implement it in a week

- more civs, custom civs 
- more leaders, custom leaders
- more civ-traits to choose from

I imagine it would need block coding-esque thing to implement easy-to-use Create a civ. Judging from so many suggestion and implemented mechanics in Civ and modded civ. There would be few hundreds of ability (and magnitude of it) and thousand of combination need to be account for.

- improved diplomacy (especially in respect to large number of civs, early wars, ...)
- improved system of cultural influence on tiles
- improved AI
- improved happiness system
- expanded trade feature to distribute luxuries (happiness), ressources, culture between cities and nations with trade routes

There's already plenty of mods for it. I doubt about it's synergy though. I think there's many flavor and combination for it anyway.

- full moddability
IMO It already has, if anyone have skill, or patience to learn the skill. I still wish modding is easier anyway.

Top Bottom