Guess what I found on youtube ? Rising Tide gameplay

GoodSarmatian

Jokerfied Western Male
Sound quality is not terribly good and I didn't watch all of it yet becasue I wanted to be the first to post it here .

Link to video.

Beat me by five minutes. :D

Looks like we get excavation sites on the ocean at 1:59.
At 2:11 it looks like a ocean explorer unit.
2:49 repurposed wolf-beetle alpha art is called the Scarab and the freaking Explorer captured it. Explorers can "leash" alien units now; how interesting.
4:24 Artifact overview. Nice. Arioch will be busy today.
4:58 sea colonist unit.
5:30 submarines are ranged bombardment units
6:00 hydrocoral grows on polyp resources.
7:00 patrol boats and subs don't have unique affinity names yet.
7:35, alien nests now grow on the ocean.

Beat me by five minutes. :D

Looks like we get excavation sites on the ocean at 1:59.
At 2:11 it looks like a ocean explorer unit.
2:49 repurposed wolf-beetle alpha art is called the Scarab and the freaking Explorer captured it. Explorers can "leash" alien units now; how interesting.
4:24 Artifact overview. Nice. Arioch will be busy today.
4:58 sea colonist unit.
5:30 submarines are ranged bombardment units
6:00 hydrocoral grows on polyp resources.
7:00 patrol boats and subs don't have unique affinity names yet.
7:35, alien nests now grow on the ocean.

Also new wonders, new buildings and new weapons with nuke like effects. (minute 15)

I'll admit, I am a bit intrigued. Especially by the "you can play an entire game on water" part. Re-living the best movie of all time, Waterworld?!

I'll admit, I am a bit intrigued. Especially by the "you can play an entire game on water" part. Re-living the best movie of all time, Waterworld?!

It would be interesting as a scenario to play on a water world where there is no land mass at all since the entire game would just be the new water gameplay.

The expansion seems very promising. It appears to add a lot of content that will make Beyond Earth much more engaging to play.

Wow, it looks amazing! The ocean shallows/depths look even more beautiful than what was shown in pictures. I loved when the explorer started an expedition at sea and the submarine went swirling down. The artifact screen looked really cool too!

The oceans have a lot going on in them, I can't wait to start a game and start exploring every bit of the map since much of it is no longer just empty space.

Not crazy about the scarab alien graphics, but perhaps they'll grow on me.

- - - - -

Finally, it looks like they fixed the attack animation of LEV tanks and it's much more responsive, haha. Now it'll be much more enjoyable blasting things away in quick succession.

- - - - -

So, it looks like "Reef" is a new terrain type and is what's used by things which are placed in it. You have "Reef, Coast" and "Reef, Ocean", though sometimes the tooltip just displayed "Coast" when next to land.

Reef, Coast = 1F 1P (plains in the sea)
Reef, Ocean = 1F 1E

So, there probably won't be any production difficulties when out at sea (which was expected).

As I mentioned in another thread, "coast" now generates throughout the ocean and not only around land tiles -- pretty cool.

Also, It looks like most resources occupy the shallows and only a few can be found in the deep ocean.

I'm curious whether you're restricted to settling on shallow reef only.

In the beginning of the video, they were flipping through a few of the leader panels. It looked like there were 5 Agreement slots. Whatever that means.

Oceanic Explorer units are present and look really cool. There are underwater excavation sites. Aquatic Colonist have their own art as well, which might mean both are their own unit.

Large wide pink coral structures appear to be aquatic alien nests.

There is a crashed colony lander in water. Does that tie into the artifact system, as in is it an excavation site?

Around 7:46 of the video there is a trio of blue creatures underwater between the coral and Hydrocoral.

Edit: Listening to the Twitch stream, around 2:03:08 I think the blue fishy creatures are called "Talonia" (sp)

It appears that aliens now have different coloration according to the biome; all the aliens (including those of the vanilla variety) in this Primordial video have a reddish color.

There are what appear to be Purity versions of the tier 1 Submarine and tier 2 Patrol Boats, but they have the same stats as the "regular" versions.

Around 7:46 of the video there is a trio of blue creatures underwater between the coral and Hydrocoral.

Yeah, that looks like a new resource consisting of alien fish (yum!). I would assume it's a bonus food resource to help with the food situation at sea (or I could be very wrong).

Also, I initially thought the green clouds at sea were miasma over the surface in the screenshots, but they're way to sparse to be. It must be a resource itself -- could it be how xenomass is represented? Also, it looks like it's actually in the water rather than floating in the air above it.

I'm also curious about the part where supposedly each biome is going to play different. Very different. Wonder if that was just typical promo talk, or if each biome will almost play like a separate game. The potential variety would be good for replayability.

I can't wait. :eek:

I'd like to see the other Sponsors... Arshia is definitely a close second to my all-time favourite Hutama, though.

I zoomed in on the artifact screen. On the righ side, the text at the top says: "Combine different types of artifacts to research powerful new discoveries and advancements for your civilization."

There are three slots that you can put artifacts (from the left) into. The player has placed a stasis capsule and geode sphere in two slots.

Below we see what the player will get from that combo:

+ 50 science
+ energy
Decrease a target's unit defense strength by 50% for the remainder of the turn. Usable on enemy units within range and line of sight.

I'm also curious about the part where supposedly each biome is going to play different. Very different. Wonder if that was just typical promo talk, or if each biome will almost play like a separate game. The potential variety would be good for replayability.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. My best guess is that there will be biome dependant variants of aliens and resource distribution. I think the primordial biome will have more canyons, Scarabs instead of Wolf Beetles and less petroleum while desert planets might have more petroleum and stronger Siege Worms.

I can't wait. :eek:

I'd like to see the other Sponsors... Arshia is definitely a close second to my all-time favourite Hutama, though.

Judging by the dev blog letter she'll be this game's Monty. The vid shows culture points for killed aliens. Unless that's a new virtue effect Al-Falah will even start with the Civ 5 Aztec UA.

The Germans at it again. Rocketbeans ftw. <3
Still no view of the tech web though... Grr. :p

David made two pretty bold statements:
In Rising Tide, those affinities now have the option to blend, providing even more options for your military to customize. Not only are there new units in the game but the old units are new again. They got new options. They really push the scifi. Some of the things that you can do in Rising Tide are really wild that were totally impossible even in Beyond Earth, let alone any previous civ

There is a big new feature coming as to how aquatic gameplay works, how aquatic cities are settled and gain territory that we are not revealing yet but I can tell you it is going to be incredible and blow a lot of minds.

I wonder how much of this is marketing hyperbole or whether Rising Tide will have some surprise features that really make fans go "wow, this is innovative, now this is what we were hoping for when we wanted BE to be a bold scifi game!"

Top Bottom