Welcome to Civilization Fanatics' Center.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to our site features. By joining our free community, you will be able to participate in the discussions, search the forum, send private messages, vote in polls, upload your own screenshots to the gallery, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so sign up today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.
|Jun 03, 2003, 07:30 PM||#1|
The world is not enough
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: The N hemisphere near fire and ice
660 AD MoDA recommendations
Ministry of Domestic Affairs (MoDA) 660 AD recommendations
Based on the 560 and 660 AD polls and associated discussion we should continue to celebrate by increasing luxuries and setting tax to 0% (!) so that the new science plan can be followed, we can afford this since we are about to get big caravan delivery bonuses.
Increase luxuries to 60% and set sci=40% (upcoming caravan deliveries mean we can afford 0% tax for a few turns)
Get rid of redundant Elvis in LP and maximize trade there
Work silk plus 4 ocean squares in Ipec
Work gold plus ocean squares only in VM
Work ocean instead of forest and shielded grassland in FW, rush buy temple there (=72 gold)
Work ocean instead of forest in Igloria
Maximize trade in other cities.
Do not make Dou support LC's settler
680 AD and the following few turns:
Continue celebrating for probably 3-4 turns, i.e. until a few cities stop growing.
Luxuries must probably be increased to 70% soon.
In addition, the new science plan should be followed down to the tiniest details.
In particular (as also indicated in another thread):
(1) Delay researching navigation
(2) Get BB ahead of Med, Med (and then Shakespeare) is not needed until shortly before Dou can grow beyond size 12.
(3) Do not deliver caravans when doing so causes delivery bonus beakers to be wasted.
(4) Rush buy Dou's university in its entireity ASAP
(5) Whenever Dou can supply something rush buy caravan there - these yield lots of cash
(6) Complete Isaac Newton's College in Dou ASAP
(7) Try to get trade routes in our cities by delivering caravans to Dou when they are not needed for wonders.
A new domestic development plan will appear after the next few turns have been played. It will be intended for discussion and then polls will appear. Some of the things under consideration:
(1) Finishing Isaac Newton's College ASAP
(2) Establishing at least one trade route to Dou from every city, the long term plan is three trade routes in every city.
(3) Building and delivering as many caravans from Dou as possible, this means rush buying caravans when Dou is supplying a commodity.
(4) More settlers to work the land, especailly to build roads when we get BB
(5) Rush buying 4 settlers to found cities on other continents, 2 on the Aztec/Zulu continent and 2 on the western continent. The reason for founding these cities ASAP is for them to have reached size 3 when we celebrate next, probably as a democracy.
(6) Stronger defense in the Neu/LC/RF area - input needed from the military advisor.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|MoDA recommendations 740 AD||TheViking||Civ2 - Game of Democracy III||3||Jun 08, 2003 10:32 AM|
|MoDA recommendations 560 AD||TheViking||Civ2 - Game of Democracy III||1||Jun 01, 2003 09:26 AM|
|Ministry of Domestic Affairs (MoDA) 460 AD recommendations||TheViking||Civ2 - Game of Democracy III||3||May 28, 2003 03:06 AM|
|Next Turn - 660 AD||MonkE||Civ2 - Game of Democracy II||28||Nov 30, 2002 10:25 PM|
|Boreum 660 AD||Dell19||Civ2 - Game of Democracy II||8||Nov 29, 2002 02:30 PM|