HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 20 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Zemepan for the highest score of the update with a Tiny, Marathon, Prince, Domination game for 640081 points.

Zemepan was the most active player during this update, submitting 5 games.

Only 1 player was brave enough to take on Deity this update:
pandamancer - 340 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Conquest game for 284439 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 202 - Domination, Monarch, Ancient, Small, Quick, Rain Forest, (check options)
No submissions!?

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 203 - Cultural, Settler, Ancient, Small, Epic, Lakes, (check options)

A number of players gained number one positions:
The-Hawk with a Jan 2050 AD, Huge, Marathon, Immortal, Time game for 48019 points.
Zemepan with a 1940 AD, Duel, Quick, Immortal, Space Colony game for 71962 points.

TalladegaKnight with a 1420 AD, Large, Epic, Emperor, Cultural game for 90003 points.

Fractal Spiral with a 1675 AD, Huge, Normal, Warlord, Space Colony game for 41915 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
Fractal Spiral with a 1550 AD, Large, Normal, Monarch, game for 226147 points.

Well done to all the new entries and the new No.1 positions :goodjob:

I especially liked The-Hawk's time game. Huge map, marathon speed, what an effort! I did a little snooping to see if he used a Future start, nope, Ancient baby! The time invested rivals Seraiel at his finest.

No gauntlet entries; I guess players were a bit tapped out after the last major? Personally, when I see domination paired with quick on an annoying map type, it's just all kinds of nope.

No gauntlet entries; I guess players were a bit tapped out after the last major? Personally, when I see domination paired with quick on an annoying map type, it's just all kinds of nope.
I had a few goes but it wasn't my greatest idea with all those protective AIs! Not to worry, hopefully this month's one will be fun.

What do people not like about Rainforest?

Thanks for the call outs!

I've been away from HOF for a while, but decided to come back and try to raise my Elite Quattro score. I needed a second Boreal map, which is not a great one for speed or scoring (limited resources). So, I decided that if I was going to play a Boreal map, I should pick huge marathon time. I figure it might be a while before someone decides to take the pain associated with huge marathon time and my score might stand a while :lol:. Took me 3 months to finish :rolleyes:.

BTW, I was browsing around on the HOF site, first time in a while. Looks like there has been some cool stuff added to the statistics section. Very nice :goodjob:

As the highest Huge, Time score on any speed or difficulty, i'd say you've locked that spot down for eternity:king:

You need to not only look at Huge, some of the scores on smaller maps are much higher. Most of them were played with optimized settings though, so Archipelagio map. 50k for Boreal is impressive :) .

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 202 - Domination, Monarch, Ancient, Small, Quick, Rain Forest, (check options)
No submissions!?

Ok so the post confused me and I thought the same minor was being run again so I submitted a game :lol:. Oh well it turned out to be quite interesting, quick speed feels like a race against the clock.

I was too scared to run a state religion as there were 4 different ones being run and my production was crap eg capital had 1 hill so I didn't exactly have a great army to defend myself. I probably need to learn to use slavery better...

Anyway I got some drafted rifles and took out Gilgamesh without too many problems but after that I noticed Qin didn't have rifling and he was teching quite well so I tried to take him out as well. This is where things really started going off track.

He bribed Churchill in against me who had redcoats so I had to abandon a Gilgamesh city where I had planned to build ironworks :(. I took one Qin city then AP vote forced peace, then I took Canterbury from Churchill then AP vote forced peace again :(. When I was forced into peace with Churchill my whole army got pushed into Canterbury which was surrounded by coast and English culture and because my relations were so bad I couldn't get an open borders to move my army. This is when Wang decided to attack me on the other side of my empire :cry:.

I lost a city but managed to scrape together enough to save my capital. Then Canterbury was returned to English control via AP vote. At the time I was cursing but in hindsight it allowed me to kill Wang quicker because it freed up my army. I ended up taking out Toku and Charlemagne before going back to Qin/Churchill with infantry.

It's funny what can happen when you stuff up your diplomacy, although the religion spread didn't make things easy.

Ok so the post confused me and I thought the same minor was being run again so I submitted a game :lol:. Oh well it turned out to be quite interesting, quick speed feels like a race against the clock.
Apologies for the confusion - you can be the honorary winner!!

Correct details are:-

G-Minor 203 - Cultural, Settler, Ancient, Small, Epic, Lakes, (check options)

Top Bottom