• it was bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hated it, it gave me leprosy!

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Johann MacLeod

Duc de Lorraine
[c3c]

Updated! Now for Conquests, includes new units crossbowman(same problem as norman knight), Crusader (by Kinboat), Italian Knight(Norman Knight, plese tell me who made this, i can't find it ), Muslim Archer (mercenary archer by steph/cossack conversion), Roundshier (also by steph/cossacks conversion), and Galleass (by Kinboat too i belive, correct me if im wrong)
and could a mod please cange the main title to conquests from ptw?

It starts out with Venice at war with Genoa for control of the middle eastern spice and silk trades and, if your ambitious enough, complete dominance of the Italian Peninsula?

The civilizations are as Follows

Papal States
Kingdom Of Naples
The Kingdom of Sicily
Sardinia
Republic of Siena
Republic of Florence
Republic of Lucca
Duchy of Modena
Duchy of Ferrara
Republic of Genoa
Marquisate of Mantua
Duchy of Milan
Duchy of Savoy
Republic of Venice
Hapsburg Pocessions
France
Hungary

(debuggged by Pawel, much thanks to him :) )
here is the main files
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Italy_1400version2231fix_main.zip

Here are the units
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Italy_1400version2231fix_units.zip

Here is a Screen shot.

Attachments

• italy1400.jpg
    italy1400.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,100
Johann seems to be a great up and coming scenario maker, its good to see someone paying attention to this kind of history, welldone.

i already know that the mountians are impassible and defeating all odds the ai still sends settlers to strange and bizzarre locations (or for that matter any free space at all on the map), has anyone noticed any other problems that need addressing?

This is good stuff. Ive been wanting to see an Italinan scenario for a while. Italy was chaotic for a long time with dozens of city-states. Its about time someone made a decent scenario of it.

nice work , some minor mistakes , like u placed the sondrio on the Lago di como (Lake of Como) were... como should be ;) (oh and sondrio has no lake)

here some names in their italian form.

Bresia = Brescia
Padua = Padova
Turin = Torino
Florence = Firenze
Mantua = Mantova
Sardinia = Sardegna
Sicily = Sicilia
Naples = Napoli
Genoa = Genova

Great Job,
But one problem you didnt use the right names for the citys those are what we call them. Take Fëanor's advice and change the city names. He left out one thing.
Rome should be Roma

All right heres the first update. i didn't change the city names (except Brescia, which i think was a typo in the first place), but may do it in the future, i fixed the glitch where mountains were impassible, and made settlers available with physic and cost 3 populations points (in an act to discourage the ais tendency to build a city wherever threes a free piece of land. i also made some new wonders.
Montaverdi's Opera: same a J.S. Bachs Cathedral
The Art of Glass Blowing: in Venice, +1 trade on every tile in the city, increases tax output
Da Vinci's "The Last Supper": Milan, makes 3 unhappy citizens happy
Palazzo Pubblico: Sienna, makes 2 people happy, and adds one defensive bonus to the city.
Brunelleschi's Dome: Florence, doubles the effect of Cathedrals, puts one in every city of that civilization.
Code of The Knights Templar: Sun Tzu's art of war
Galileo's Observatory: Copernicus's Observatory
Cure for The Black Death: city growth causes 2 citizens instead of one
The Great University: (If theres a better name for this one please tell me) Newton's university
Titians "Venus Of Urbino": Makes 3 citizens Happy
The Great Mint: Adam smith's trade co.
Dante's "Divine Comedy": makes 1 happy citizen in every city
Machiavelli's "The Prince": Reduces war weariness in all cities, increases the chances of a leader rising
*Mini Wonders*
College of Surgeons: requires 4 universities, battlefield medicine
Virgil's Anead: Heroic Epic
The Inquisition: requires 2 Cathedrals, makes one citizen "happy" in each city
The House of The Nobility: Forbidden Palace, also adds trade
The Council of 10: the pentagon
The Ghetto: Iron works, adds one trade too

Originally posted by Johann MacLeod
All right heres the first update. i didn't change the city names (except Brescia, which i think was a typo in the first place), but may do it in the future, i fixed the glitch where mountains were impassible, and made settlers available with physic and cost 3 populations points (in an act to discourage the ais tendency to build a city wherever threes a free piece of land. i also made some new wonders.
Montaverdi's Opera: same a J.S. Bachs Cathedral
The Art of Glass Blowing: in Venice, +1 trade on every tile in the city, increases tax output
Da Vinci's "The Last Supper": Milan, makes 3 unhappy citizens happy
Palazzo Pubblico: Sienna, makes 2 people happy, and adds one defensive bonus to the city.
Brunelleschi's Dome: Florence, doubles the effect of Cathedrals, puts one in every city of that civilization.
Code of The Knights Templar: Sun Tzu's art of war
Galileo's Observatory: Copernicus's Observatory
Cure for The Black Death: city growth causes 2 citizens instead of one
The Great University: (If theres a better name for this one please tell me) Newton's university
Titians "Venus Of Urbino": Makes 3 citizens Happy
The Great Mint: Adam smith's trade co.
Dante's "Divine Comedy": makes 1 happy citizen in every city
Machiavelli's "The Prince": Reduces war weariness in all cities, increases the chances of a leader rising
*Mini Wonders*
College of Surgeons: requires 4 universities, battlefield medicine
Virgil's Anead: Heroic Epic
The Inquisition: requires 2 Cathedrals, makes one citizen "happy" in each city
The House of The Nobility: Forbidden Palace, also adds trade
The Council of 10: the pentagon
The Ghetto: Iron works, adds one trade too

A few notes from Italy...

It's "Monteverdi", not Montaverdi.

"Siena", not Sienna

"Code of The Knights Templar": they never were a significant force in Italy and anyway they were more a religious/political force than a military one. But you can use the "Dell'arte della guerra" by Machiavelli which is the exact equivalent (actually, better) of Sun Tzu's.

"Cure for The Black Death": alternatively, you can use the "Ca' Granda" hospital in Milano, 1st public (i.e. non religious) hospital in the world.

"The Prince" is a politics (not military) manual, aimed at teaching the princes and governors how to behave in domestic and foreign activities.

"The Great University": there's an embarassing choice. I think Bologna's maybe the oldest (founded in AD 800), but not sure...

"The Great Mint": can use the "Zecca" (Venezia's mint, named after it being on the Giudecca island name, pronounced by Venetian dialect), which is today's Italian word for "mint".
Alternatively, you can simply use the Banca (bank) from Firenze or Milano (from which today's Lombard st. in London).

Aenead = Eneide.

The Council of 10 was actually a govern from Siena, not a military summit (you can use it instead of The House of The Nobility). Actually, it was very typical of that age that everything military was completely in the hands of single mercenary leaders (no Pentagon, sorry).

By the way, that was the Age of mercenary wars and you can use the names of great mercenary commanders for the leaders:
Giovanni dalle Bande Nere
Francesco Sforza
Federico da Montefeltro
Fortebraccio
Micheletto Attendolo
Muzio Attendolo
Braccio da Montone
Bartolomeo Colleoni
Gianfrancesco Gonzaga

Hope this helps.
Very interesting scenario!

Ciao

thankyou, i was waiting for some help with those, (all i had to go on before was a college art textbook :lol: ) btw, i think the knights hospilitar were more italian anyway, i just used templar because it was the first thing that came to mind. ill update this again soon.

Sicily wasn't an independent kingdom in 1400, was a part of the Kingdom of Aragon since 1282 when the Sicilians revolt against the Anjou French in the dramatic episode known as the Sicilian Vespers, cede sovereignty to Manfred's son-in-law, Peter III, King of Aragon.

Sicily wasn't an independent kingdom in 1400, was a part of the Kingdom of Aragon since 1282 when the Sicilians revolt against the Anjou French in the dramatic episode known as the Sicilian Vespers, cede sovereignty to Manfred's son-in-law, Peter III, King of Aragon.

Top Bottom