Need help at bug fixing

Psychodad

Chieftain
I really love this mod, but there are some bugs that are bothering me. I never moded a game before but i have some programming skills. Though i need some help understanding the structure of this modmod.

First i want to address the bug that is causing quarrys to upgrade to patrian quarrys. This is really annoying because its a very important improvement and craftmans guilds (civic) and Forbidden Enclave (natinal wonder) have no efect on it.

There would be two solutions to solve this issue:
  1. Find the Code that makes the upgrade happen and eliminate it. (good solution)
  2. Edit Forbidden Enclave and Craftmans Guild to make them work with patrian quarry (workaround)

As far as i got:
Im sure this is caused by the files modified by Xtended because in vanilla MoM the upgrade doesn't happen. So i searched the Xtended XML files for quarry and patrian quarry. I found an entry for quarry in "...\Master of Mana\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml" but no patrian quarry or any upgradable improvements there. There has to be another file holding this information i can not find. Also the quarry is initialized giving +1 hammer and +3 stone while in game it give +1 hammer +2 stone so it has to be overwritten somewhere. Also i could not find the files containing information about craftmans guild ond forbidden enclave.

Any help is appreciated.

I really love this mod, but there are some bugs that are bothering me. I never moded a game before but i have some programming skills. Though i need some help understanding the structure of this modmod.

First i want to address the bug that is causing quarrys to upgrade to patrian quarrys. This is really annoying because its a very important improvement and craftmans guilds (civic) and Forbidden Enclave (natinal wonder) have no efect on it.

There would be two solutions to solve this issue:
  1. Find the Code that makes the upgrade happen and eliminate it. (good solution)
  2. Edit Forbidden Enclave and Craftmans Guild to make them work with patrian quarry (workaround)

As far as i got:
Im sure this is caused by the files modified by Xtended because in vanilla MoM the upgrade doesn't happen. So i searched the Xtended XML files for quarry and patrian quarry. I found an entry for quarry in "...\Master of Mana\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml" but no patrian quarry or any upgradable improvements there. There has to be another file holding this information i can not find. Also the quarry is initialized giving +1 hammer and +3 stone while in game it give +1 hammer +2 stone so it has to be overwritten somewhere. Also i could not find the files containing information about craftmans guild ond forbidden enclave.

Any help is appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply, am on long holiday, back in December. There is inheritance going in the xml files, so there might be other files overriding this, just get notepad++ if you have not already and you can search all the files for the same improvement tag, might be that the scions mod triggers for all cics for example.

And please, get the svn version from SourceForge and commit your changes, so someone else can test it for you. Thanks, hope you find it!

Thank u very much CarnivalBizarre. That really helps. I managed to solve the issue by "Edit Forbidden Enclave, Obsidian Palace and Craftmans Guild to make them work with patrian quarry (workaround)". To do so i had to replace every intance of "IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY" by "IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY_SCIONS" in the two files :
  • ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Xtended\XGuilds\XGUILDS_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
  • ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Xtended\XGuilds\XGUILDS_CIV4CivicInfos.xml
Since this is just a workaround, and i don't really know how to access the svn, i won't commit it.

I also found another definition of "IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY" in
  • ..\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana\Assets\Modules\NormalModules\Xtended\XGuilds\XGUILDS_CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml
witch may overwrite the one in
  • ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4ImprovementInfos.xml"
It it has an entry making the quarry upgrade to patrian quarry, but removing it has no effect. Also it initializes the stone yield of quarry with +3 while ingame it is +2, so i think maybe it is overwritten another time? could not find the cause.

Top Bottom