HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator

The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 29 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Mad2rix for the highest score of the update with a Large, Marathon, Settler, Domination game for 928926 points.

the reverend was the most active player during this update, submitting 10 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
Mad2rix - 3595 BC, Duel, Marathon, Deity, Conquest game for 32031 points
NobleZarkon - 1856 AD, Duel, Quick, Deity, Espionage game for 29891 points

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Major 141 - Domination, Emperor, Ancient, Standard, Epic, Rain Forest

A number of players gained number one positions:
NobleZarkon with a 1856 AD, Duel, Quick, Deity, Espionage game for 29891 points.

kovacsflo with a 1926 AD, Huge, Quick, Emperor, Conquest game for 13229 points.

NobleZarkon with a 1922 AD, Small, Epic, Monarch, Espionage game for 10173 points.

Sir Drake with a 1560 AD, Tiny, Epic, Noble, Space Colony game for 117551 points.

Fractal Spiral with a 1770 AD, Huge, Epic, Warlord, Space Colony game for 37632 points.
NobleZarkon with a 1765 AD, Duel, Quick, Warlord, Espionage game for 15955 points.

NobleZarkon with a 1888 AD, Duel, Quick, Chieftain, Espionage game for 5100 points.
NobleZarkon with a 1434 AD, Duel, Marathon, Chieftain, Espionage game for 29911 points.

NobleZarkon with a 1861 AD, Duel, Epic, Settler, Espionage game for 6531 points.
NobleZarkon with a 1715 AD, Duel, Normal, Settler, Espionage game for 12472 points.
NobleZarkon with a 1554 AD, Duel, Marathon, Settler, Espionage game for 19666 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
Mad2rix with a 815 AD, Large, Marathon, Settler, game for 928926 points.

Good that someone is filling all those ugly empty slots in the tables. :goodjob:

And congrats to neilmeister for winning the Challenger Series, and to everyone else who participated as well!

Btw. Why do these updates not include results from challenger series when they finish? The challenger series is a much bigger effort than Gauntlets and the best results would deserve some attention in my opinion.

And congrats to neilmeister for winning the Challenger Series, and to everyone else who participated as well!

Btw. Why do these updates not include results from challenger series when they finish? The challenger series is a much bigger effort than Gauntlets and the best results would deserve some attention in my opinion.

technically, kcd_swede won unless they changed the rules.
Used to be you had to finish all challenges first, then score was a tie-breaker.

technically, kcd_swede won unless they changed the rules.
Used to be you had to finish all challenges first, then score was a tie-breaker.
Ha, I never knew that. Even more reason to mention the winner somewhere.

If that's the case, then the way that the table is laid out needs to change, with one section for players who have completed all games and another section for other players.

I'm not sure that I agree that it does makes sense to require that all challenges get completed, though... it's hard enough to complete a few good games. Completing several poorly-played games would make completing them all be an easier task, but then why even have rankings? Also, submitting a large number of poorly-played games seems against the concept of the HOF, which puts so much emphasis on the top game of all time in each category.

I think that submitting games in many of the different challenges being awarded some points instead of no points is already a sufficient benefit; all of the power to the player who can get an extra 3 or 4 points, but if a player chooses to submit less games and try for 8 or 9 points per game, that player deserves credit, too. The ranking system as the table currently portrays it is the most inclusive approach, encouraging both active participation and competition for well-played games, so I'd say stick with the ranking approach.

But, yes, at a minimum, publicizing a link to the table of results when a competition is over would be a good addition to these HOF Update threads.

But, yes, at a minimum, publicizing a link to the table of results when a competition is over would be a good addition to these HOF Update threads.
Challenge Results are normally announced separately with sufficient fanfare, unfortunately my Mother passed away recently and this wasn't done - will rectify in the next few days.

kcd_swede is developing his way. First, he won a Gauntlet, because noone else finished, now he wins a challenge, because noone else finished ^^ (sry ;D ;D ;D ;D :x) .

Just kidding. Ofc. the correct way to formulate it is, he won a Gauntlet being the only one finishing, and he won a challenge, being the only one finishing it.

Sry swede, but I just had to make that joke, because I thought of the one pangaea made about how he tried to "kcd_sweede a win" by finishing a Gauntlet, hoping noone else would compete ;) ;) ;) . Don't forget, "the only bad attention is getting no attention" ;) . Try to see it as an honor, that you're drawing so much of it :goodjob: .

Top Bottom