Do you play beta or/and full versions?

• Only full

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Both

Votes: 64 83.1%

• Total voters

zeta

Mod Addict
(Previous poll was a bit poorly done so here are new answers :3)

Hey there,

My curiosity is infinite and so I keep asking these little side questions again and again.

So... do you play only full versions or betas as well? What I mean is: do you test these constantly released betas with most of their new features being tested or do you wait till relatively bug-free full versions with beta changes already tested and tweaked?

The reason why I'm asking is that I want to know how many active beta testers there are.

Please take note that we are ALL beta testers, but I'm talking about actual beta version testing.

I test everything. But mostly I look for show stoppers in the DLL.

What do you mean? Who wouldn't play full versions? Only question is who plays them ONLY. :)

I think he means, that the most likely people to see this post and respond to the question are the very active people who check the forum every day to see if new beta versions are out to play. So your results are going to be skewed towards them.

To answer your question, I've been checking in very regularly for new beta versions to play, I just can't wait to get my hands on these changes being put into them!

I think he means, that the most likely people to see this post and respond to the question are the very active people who check the forum every day to see if new beta versions are out to play. So your results are going to be skewed towards them.

To answer your question, I've been checking in very regularly for new beta versions to play, I just can't wait to get my hands on these changes being put into them!

Heh, now I understand. But one reason I made this poll is that I am one of those who wait for full version, mainly because they are somewhat bug-free and changes are polished.

I used to only play with the Full version of the CP, but then I downloaded JFD's Cities in Development mod which requires the latest Beta version. So I've now become a Beta tester too.

This poll is missing a relevant option for me: other.

No, I don't beta test. I'm developing a feature and then I plan to play games with that feature + Community Patch only once it's done. :)

I play civ in short sprints. So I play the full release then if I still want more I go to the latest beta.

This poll is missing a relevant option for me: other.

No, I don't beta test. I'm developing a feature and then I plan to play games with that feature + Community Patch only once it's done. :)

What is the feature you are working on? :D

Top Bottom