Sukritact's Enhanced Modding Screen

sukritact

Artist and Modder
This Psuedo DLC replaces the vanilla modding screen with an interface somewhat better suited for frequent mod users.

Spoiler :

It has features such as a search bar, custom mod filters, a disable all button, and the ability to enable a mod's dependencies directly from the details panel.

THIS IS AN ALPHA and is not being actively developed. You may post bug reports if you so wish, but I will not be actively trying to fix them. A couple of things users of this will have to be aware of this that the screen does NOT automatically refresh when mods have been added or deleted, and the inability to delete mods from this screen. There may be other quirks I have forgotten to mention. But for the enabling and disabling of mods alone, I believe this to be a superior experience.

Custom filters may be made using Lua in the "ModBrowser_SortFilters.lua". You can add Mod IDs, or specify search terms as needed.

Attachments

• UI_CustomModScreen.rar
    8.3 KB · Views: 2,670
...This is my new favorite thing.

Much better than the vanilla mod screen.
Also, for clarity, the refresh problem is only for if you add a mod while the mod-screen is running, correct?

...This is my new favorite thing.

Much better than the vanilla mod screen.
Also, for clarity, the refresh problem is only for if you add a mod while the mod-screen is running, correct?

Correct, any modifications to the mod folder while the screen is running will require a manual refresh (enabling/disabling a mod works).

Since this alters the Mod screen and is a UI feature, does that mean I save it to the DLC folder like I do with EUI?

You are a life saver.

Just going to add this here as it's related

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty ...

All info about installed/enabled mods is held in the "...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\Civ5ModsDatabase.db"

You can disable all mods by deleting this file!

Or you can enable all the mods for one configuration, exit Civ, copy this file as (say) JFDsStuff_Civ5ModsDatabase.db, restart civ, change the enabled mods, exit civ and save it as (say) FutureWar_Civ5ModsDatabase.db

To quickly swap from JFDsStuff to FutureWar, just copy over the required file.

Saves hours of time if you need to "save mod settings for the current saved game, disable all mods, enable only the two or three for testing, test and fix, reinstate mods so you can finish your game"

All info about installed/enabled mods is held in the "...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\Civ5ModsDatabase.db"

You can disable all mods by deleting this file!

Or you can enable all the mods for one configuration, exit Civ, copy this file as (say) JFDsStuff_Civ5ModsDatabase.db, restart civ, change the enabled mods, exit civ and save it as (say) FutureWar_Civ5ModsDatabase.db

To quickly swap from JFDsStuff to FutureWar, just copy over the required file.

Saves hours of time if you need to "save mod settings for the current saved game, disable all mods, enable only the two or three for testing, test and fix, reinstate mods so you can finish your game"

Can this be used to skip "Configuring Game Data" screen?
Any time I want to play with mods and go through "Mods" section, DB will start to overwrite and I will be forced to wait for it, right?

Can this be used to skip "Configuring Game Data" screen?
No.

The path the engine takes through the front end menus is highly proscriptive - skip a step (with the exception of the legal disclaimer) and the mods won't be loaded/unloaded correctly as far as the game engine is concerned.

Can I ask perhaps a stupid question, but how do you manually refresh the mod screen? I subscribed to a few mods and I can't get them to show up :(

Can I ask perhaps a stupid question, but how do you manually refresh the mod screen? I subscribed to a few mods and I can't get them to show up :(

I believe that going back to Main Menu and coming back works

Would it be possible to create profiles? Like save a mod load order. So we could save the active mods in a list... we could change mod load out, try new stuff, and go back to the old load order. Particularly because deleting modcache makes it forget what was active

Hello, I'm new on the forum but interested in many things and started to work with collecting mods in one big project for my own to play. What i'm trying to said is that i haved a terrible feelings to turn on all mods - one by one. I worked with that enhanced modding screen and added enable all button working perfectly for me and some more filters ( my own propositions because i changed name of all my collected mods from you people.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/reso...able-all-version.26441/download?version=25004

Top Bottom